Advanced auto halo - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-25-2013, 02:58 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Cooky436's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Navarre
Region: Florida
Posts: 91
Advanced auto halo

Hey has anyone tried the advanced auto parts halos for there car? I just wanted to know if they were good or not. Looking for some colored fog lights for car shows
Cooky436 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-25-2013, 03:03 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black8thElement's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Houston
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,117
I want to add some yellow halos on my headlights and fogs but it's a PITA to install and everybody charges like $300
Black8thElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 06:43 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Joe_Roma5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Saint Paul
Region: Minnesota
Posts: 137
You get what you pay for with halos. Jus sayinn
__________________
'06 4.0 V6 custom x pipes, cai, screamin demon coil pack, 10mm live wires spark plug wires, NGK iridium plugs, 93 octane bama tune
Joe_Roma5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-29-2013, 11:41 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Bschmidty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Thousand Oaks
Region: California
Posts: 523
Why not go with oracle? Very trusted brand and they have limitless options for their light schemes. (Fogs too) check out automotivelightstore.com
Bschmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 03:42 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: N/A
Region: Alabama
Posts: 229
^ Don't cheap out on your lights, otherwise you'll just be another kid that went to Auto Zone, bought some stick-on LED strips, and put them on their 2005 Honda Civic or Nissan Altima.

A lot of shops are coming out with products like Oracles', except I'd say their still top of the line and just spend the extra money, you won't regret it.
Rice Eater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 06:25 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
07 S197's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Edgerton
Region: Minnesota
Posts: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rice Eater View Post
^ Don't cheap out on your lights, otherwise you'll just be another kid that went to Auto Zone, bought some stick-on LED strips, and put them on their 2005 Honda Civic or Nissan Altima.

A lot of shops are coming out with products like Oracles', except I'd say their still top of the line and just spend the extra money, you won't regret it.
^ exactly! I tried some cheaper aftermarket lights that looked exactly like OE except they had a ccfl halo. adjusting the cheap headlights sucks. They don't adjust. The adjusters just strip out, and then the hi beams aren't even as bright as normal low beams. Don't cheap out on them. It's what you need to see with.

---------- Post added at 06:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:23 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07 S197 View Post

^ exactly! I tried some cheaper aftermarket lights that looked exactly like OE except they had a ccfl halo. adjusting the cheap headlights sucks. They don't adjust. The adjusters just strip out, and then the hi beams aren't even as bright as normal low beams. Don't cheap out on them. It's what you need to see with.
I'm having to go back to OE headlights just because you can't see with aftermarket ones. The cheaper fog lights might not be as big of a deal, because they aren't your main light source. I bought aftermarket ccfl halo fogs, but I needed the bracket that went with the fogs, so I have to return them and get OEM ones.
07 S197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 10:04 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Cooky436's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Navarre
Region: Florida
Posts: 91
I looked at the oracle but it seems I'd have to by the headlights & fog lights together I only need the foglights
Cooky436 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 11:58 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Bschmidty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Thousand Oaks
Region: California
Posts: 523
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooky436 View Post
I looked at the oracle but it seems I'd have to by the headlights & fog lights together I only need the foglights
I emailed them. I had the same question. They're able to sell you just the fogs. All you have to do is email them, asking just for the fogs and they'll send them to you. Simple as that!
Bschmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 07:35 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Cooky436's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Navarre
Region: Florida
Posts: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bschmidty View Post

I emailed them. I had the same question. They're able to sell you just the fogs. All you have to do is email them, asking just for the fogs and they'll send them to you. Simple as that!
Still 99$?
Cooky436 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 10:30 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
Bschmidty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Thousand Oaks
Region: California
Posts: 523
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooky436 View Post

Still 99$?
I believe so. They're sick. I want them hahaha

---------- Post added at 08:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:26 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooky436 View Post

Still 99$?
If you're going with car shows, pay the extra money for the color shift package. $200 more, but so unique. I plan on doing the same. I'm $150 behind lol
Bschmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



05:51 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.