MPG? - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-13-2013, 12:16 AM   #71
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Asia
Also I checked engine codes n got P0316 powertrain code being thrown
romeshs1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2013, 12:24 AM   #72
Registered Member
Regular

Also, obd scanner is showing a P0316 powertrain code

---------- Post added at 09:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 AM ----------

My bad for duplication. Sorry.
Old 10-13-2013, 01:29 AM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Bearings?
StevensV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2013, 04:32 AM   #74
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Europe
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevensV6 View Post
Mine are 3.73 they are stock. Around 3.31? What does around 3.31 mean?
well, unless your special edition has 3.73 (which i don't think so) or your previous owner has changed your gears, you have 3.31
Knooper3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 04:42 AM   #75
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeshs1983 View Post
I meant maf sensor yes. Sorry. 18 inch rims n tires. Always filled to 36 psi. Don't think I have much drag coz I can cruise pretty well In neutral. Yes it's an auto. Sorry to sound like a noob, but I am to stangs n muscle cars in general. What's am EGR valve? Gonna ask uncle google now...haven't changed tranny fluid since I got it. Car has about 36k miles on it.
it's great if you change the fluid i added on mine some X1R because i had some problems with it going in reverse with some delay and it did improve it. the EGR is exhaust gas recirculation, and the valve lets exhaust in the intake at certain rpm to heat engine at first and keep it cool when it's been on for some time. this way you pollute less. if it's stuck on open or close (which can happen easily because it gets very hot) you get lower mpg and slightly lower hp. it can be changed and repaired but usually when it goes bad you receive first an error code.

---------- Post added at 12:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeshs1983 View Post
Also I checked engine codes n got P0316 powertrain code being thrown
take a look here:
"Code P0316 in Ford vehicles indicates that the power train control module detects a misfire taking place just after starting up the vehicle. This can be caused by a faulty ignition system, use of poor quality fuel or a damaged power train control module. It is best to have the car examined at a car repair shop to determine the exact cause of the error code."
now this makes sense with your bad mpg and it shouldn't be an expensive fix. you can still change the transmission fluid while you're still here you should have a very happy pony after this
Old 10-13-2013, 09:07 AM   #76
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks bro. Will get it checked ASAP. Maybe this week... Will post any updates.
Old 10-13-2013, 11:19 AM   #77
Registered Member
Regular

Do you go over 120 often? Serious question
Old 10-13-2013, 11:39 AM   #78
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
which one of us?
Old 10-13-2013, 12:13 PM   #79
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Who has a Mustang and DOESN'T at least want to go 120 at some point, or at least want to do it, sorry V6's, unless you remove the governor, your stuck at 113.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 03:12 PM   #80
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Mine are 3.73 they are stock. Around 3.31? What does around 3.31 mean?
Idk wgat your asking? 3.31:1 is the ammount of times the drive shaft spins before the tires turn once. So a 3.73 will turn the drive sh aft 3.73 times before the tires turn once
Audicrashdummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 03:18 PM   #81
Registered Member
Regular

I was talking to the person who is having powertrain codes thrown. His driveshaft could be splitting. The stock driveshaft is 2 piece and if you constantly go over 120 your driveshaft will split and you'll need a new one. Taking the governor off doesn't fix the problem. It's the construction of the driveshaft. Theirs an aluminum 1 piece driveshaft available that fixes the problem. So before you be a smart *** read the end of the sentence where I said OFTEN. Also, i would comment that you're on the 05-09V6 forum but previous evidence of the fact that you can't read makes me second guess myself of hurting your feelings. I'm trying to help somebody solve an issue with their vehicle, if you want to talk **** about a v6 do it elsewhere instead of being an unproductive troll.

---------- Post added at 04:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:16 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audicrashdummy View Post
Idk wgat your asking? 3.31:1 is the ammount of times the drive shaft spins before the tires turn once. So a 3.73 will turn the drive sh aft 3.73 times before the tires turn once
I know I just didn't know they made 3.31s I thought mine were 3.73. Maybe not? Should probably look into that I'm putting 4.10s on it soon
Old 10-13-2013, 03:25 PM   #82
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Quote:
I was talking to the person who is having powertrain codes thrown. His driveshaft could be splitting. The stock driveshaft is 2 piece and if you constantly go over 120 your driveshaft will split and you'll need a new one. Taking the governor off doesn't fix the problem. It's the construction of the driveshaft. Theirs an aluminum 1 piece driveshaft available that fixes the problem. So before you be a smart *** read the end of the sentence where I said OFTEN. Also, i would comment that you're on the 05-09V6 forum but previous evidence of the fact that you can't read makes me second guess myself of hurting your feelings. I'm trying to help somebody solve an issue with their vehicle, if you want to talk **** about a v6 do it elsewhere instead of being an unproductive troll. ---------- Post added at 04:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:16 PM ---------- I know I just didn't know they made 3.31s I thought mine were 3.73. Maybe not? Should probably look into that I'm putting 4.10s on it soon
No 3:73 ever came in the 05-09 V6

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 03:31 PM   #83
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
No 3:73 ever came in the 05-09 V6
I know that now for some reason I thought 3.73 and 4.10 were the only choices for them
Old 10-13-2013, 03:44 PM   #84
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I was talking to the person who is having powertrain codes thrown. His driveshaft could be splitting. The stock driveshaft is 2 piece and if you constantly go over 120 your driveshaft will split and you'll need a new one. Taking the governor off doesn't fix the problem. It's the construction of the driveshaft. Theirs an aluminum 1 piece driveshaft available that fixes the problem. So before you be a smart *** read the end of the sentence where I said OFTEN. Also, i would comment that you're on the 05-09V6 forum but previous evidence of the fact that you can't read makes me second guess myself of hurting your feelings. I'm trying to help somebody solve an issue with their vehicle, if you want to talk **** about a v6 do it elsewhere instead of being an unproductive troll.

---------- Post added at 04:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:16 PM ----------

I know I just didn't know they made 3.31s I thought mine were 3.73. Maybe not? Should probably look into that I'm putting 4.10s on it soon
My brotha'

Also, it's nice when you find out it can perform much better, right?
Old 10-13-2013, 03:59 PM   #85
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knooper3 View Post
My brotha'

Also, it's nice when you find out it can perform much better, right?
Lol yes man I'm glad I have some more mod options lol. I'm gonna just tear the whole rear end apart and upgrade gears, camber plates, rotors, all that good stuff lol..
Man sorry but I'm trying to help somebody out with their car. I could care less about this kids unmodded 2013 GT automatic that his daddy gave him for his birthday lol. There's a reason this is a V6 forum lol
Old 10-13-2013, 05:18 PM   #86
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Lol yes man I'm glad I have some more mod options lol. I'm gonna just tear the whole rear end apart and upgrade gears, camber plates, rotors, all that good stuff lol..
Man sorry but I'm trying to help somebody out with their car. I could care less about this kids unmodded 2013 GT automatic that his daddy gave him for his birthday lol. There's a reason this is a V6 forum lol
haha nice! i won't go into gears yet, until i resolve the mpg issue maybe some handling mods and the ignition system for now
Old 10-13-2013, 05:47 PM   #87
Registered Member
Regular

And a tuner! Lol it really does help.. Tons
Old 10-13-2013, 06:10 PM   #88
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I was talking to the person who is having powertrain codes thrown. His driveshaft could be splitting. The stock driveshaft is 2 piece and if you constantly go over 120 your driveshaft will split and you'll need a new one. Taking the governor off doesn't fix the problem. It's the construction of the driveshaft. Theirs an aluminum 1 piece driveshaft available that fixes the problem. So before you be a smart *** read the end of the sentence where I said OFTEN. Also, i would comment that you're on the 05-09V6 forum but previous evidence of the fact that you can't read makes me second guess myself of hurting your feelings. I'm trying to help somebody solve an issue with their vehicle, if you want to talk **** about a v6 do it elsewhere instead of being an unproductive troll. ---------- Post added at 04:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:16 PM ---------- I know I just didn't know they made 3.31s I thought mine were 3.73. Maybe not? Should probably look into that I'm putting 4.10s on it soon
I wasn't bashing in V6's, it may have sounded like that, but I wasn't, it's a mustang, that's good enough, and I know about the driveshafts and such. I was stating that at some point, people get the urge to go very fast. Another thing, I wasn't suggesting that taking the governor off would fix it, but if you can find where I said that, please do so, F***ing A****** ---------- Post added at 07:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:08 PM ----------
Quote:
Lol yes man I'm glad I have some more mod options lol. I'm gonna just tear the whole rear end apart and upgrade gears, camber plates, rotors, all that good stuff lol.. Man sorry but I'm trying to help somebody out with their car. I could care less about this kids unmodded 2013 GT automatic that his daddy gave him for his birthday lol. There's a reason this is a V6 forum lol
Guess what F***er, I paid 18k that I had saved up since I was about 9, so don't make comments like" this kids dad got him a GT for his birthday" He paid some, but I put down I big amount too, A******. Also, I read through most of the forums, although I'm sure that you have never made an off topic post ever...
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
Old 10-13-2013, 06:14 PM   #89
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
Who has a GT and DOESN'T go 120 at some point, or at least want to do it, sorry V6's, unless you remove the governor, your stuck at 113.
Thats weird my speed governor stops exactly at 120 not 113
mark_ash0426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 06:16 PM   #90
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_ash0426 View Post
Thats weird my speed governor stops exactly at 120 not 113
are you going by the speedometer? I think I read where the V6's governor stops it at 113. I do think it's stupid that the speedometer goes above the factory governor limit.
Old 10-13-2013, 06:19 PM   #91
Registered Member
Regular

Well technically my speedometer stops at 125 so i calculate my speed is 120
Im sure it passes 113 though
Old 10-13-2013, 06:20 PM   #92
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Well technically my speedometer stops at 125 so i calculate my speed is 120 Im sure it passes 113 though
ok, I wasn't sure where the speedometer stopped exactly, and I guess the source I read was wrong about the factory governor.
Old 10-13-2013, 06:23 PM   #93
Registered Member
Regular

Its probably right but it may be because i have a few mods on my car that it goes a little further ? Or it just came messed up from factory
Old 10-13-2013, 06:25 PM   #94
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Its probably right but it may be because i have a few mods on my car that it goes a little further ? Or it just came messed up from factory
What mods are they?
Old 10-13-2013, 06:34 PM   #95
Registered Member
Regular

Intake, TB, and Gears just need my tune and shorty headers
Old 10-13-2013, 06:37 PM   #96
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Intake, TB, and Gears just need my tune and shorty headers
the TB and headers are helping, but I'm not sure if they disable the governor, they might. The tune definitely will.
Old 10-13-2013, 06:40 PM   #97
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah i really want to buy the tuner
Old 10-13-2013, 06:44 PM   #98
Registered Member
Regular

The tune helps incredibly. With the mods you have you'll a probably see about a 30 hp gain. It brings your mods to life
Old 10-13-2013, 07:12 PM   #99
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah i know im saving up for it
Im a tax preparer and have our own business so im waiting for tax season to start to make my big bucks to be able to buy a few things that i want for the car lol
Old 10-13-2013, 08:27 PM   #100
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yeah i know im saving up for it
Im a tax preparer and have our own business so im waiting for tax season to start to make my big bucks to be able to buy a few things that i want for the car lol
Hahaha yeah I understand, I went with the AM bama act flash tuner and it has
Made it a totally new drive
Old 10-13-2013, 10:15 PM   #101
Registered Member
Regular

I have never gone over 100. And that one time I did, I got a speeding ticket. Lol. Non idea about the drive shaft or what ratio it is..
Old 10-13-2013, 11:17 PM   #102
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
I wasn't bashing in V6's, it may have sounded like that, but I wasn't, it's a mustang, that's good enough, and I know about the driveshafts and such. I was stating that at some point, people get the urge to go very fast. Another thing, I wasn't suggesting that taking the governor off would fix it, but if you can find where I said that, please do so, F***ing A****** ---------- Post added at 07:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:08 PM ---------- Guess what F***er, I paid 18k that I had saved up since I was about 9, so don't make comments like" this kids dad got him a GT for his birthday" He paid some, but I put down I big amount too, A******. Also, I read through most of the forums, although I'm sure that you have never made an off topic post ever...
So, first you make our cars crappy and now you swear, really mature don't worry about saving for the stang, that's everybody's story around. If you want to know, i saved for mine since i was 5(even though i didn't know i was doing so) and i am serious. Also, most of the people around here have been modding their 100'th stang snd going to race strips since you wasn't even a monozygotic conception product so don't give us this kind of advice

---------- Post added at 07:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:13 AM ----------

Quote:
Hahaha yeah I understand, I went with the AM bama act flash tuner and it has Made it a totally new drive
I think mine has something wrong, the more mods i've been adding, the worst the mileage got. I'll change the fuel filter and clean the maf sensor, hopefully i'll refresh it. But i did use the predator tuner and it's the smartest mod i did so far
Old 10-14-2013, 12:30 AM   #103
Registered Member
Regular

We'll I cleaned the EGR valve. Put it on without the spring in the diaphragm first. Started stuttering n missing like crazy. Put it back on n now seems ok. I mean same as before. I have noticed that the car is kinda rough at idle. Prior to and after EGR cleaning..
Old 10-14-2013, 12:51 AM   #104
Registered Member
Regular

[QUOTE="Knooper3;1825846"] So, first you make our cars crappy and now you swear, really mature don't worry about saving for the stang, that's everybody's story around. If you want to know, i saved for mine since i was 5(even though i didn't know i was doing so) and i am serious. Also, most of the people around here have been modding their 100'th stang snd going to race strips since you wasn't even a monozygotic conception product so don't give us this kind of advice[quote]

Whatever, people take things how they want, I wasn't bashing v6's, and yes I know that most people here have been modding their mustang for a while. Ok, back to where I was NOT bashing v6's, I nearly went with a MCA edition mustang when I was buying my car, I like v6's and think its stupid to bash them, people get what they want/ can afford, that doesn't mean anything whether it's a v8 or not, I was just pointing out a fact, v6's have a lower set governor. You don't have to believe me about saving up for the car, but the fact is, I saved up about 18K( half the car price) to buy the mustang, and started when I was about 7. That's the fact, but of course, people never believe that a 17 year old is telling the truth about that,
Old 10-14-2013, 01:27 AM   #105
Registered Member
Regular

It's ok i like to give people a hard time when they say stuff like that but you are ok, slightly arrogant but ok

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang