MPG? - Page 4 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-14-2013, 03:54 AM   #106
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knooper3 View Post
[/COLOR]
I think mine has something wrong, the more mods i've been adding, the worst the mileage got. I'll change the fuel filter and clean the maf sensor, hopefully i'll refresh it. But i did use the predator tuner and it's the smartest mod i did so far
Have you been sending your info in when you get new mods and having them write you new tunes?!? Every mod you get you're supposed to have them wrote you a new set of tunes for man.

---------- Post added at 04:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:51 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_ash0426 View Post
Yeah i know im saving up for it
Im a tax preparer and have our own business so im waiting for tax season to start to make my big bucks to be able to buy a few things that i want for the car lol
And just so you're not mislead. A tuner does not disable the governor. When you're tuning the car and it has you look through additional options, that's where you can take the speed limiter off. The tunes don't come written that way
StevensV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2013, 04:01 AM   #107
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeshs1983 View Post
We'll I cleaned the EGR valve. Put it on without the spring in the diaphragm first. Started stuttering n missing like crazy. Put it back on n now seems ok. I mean same as before. I have noticed that the car is kinda rough at idle. Prior to and after EGR cleaning..
Rough idling as well? Jeez so many possibilities. Roll your sleeves up and go ahead and start cleaning your TB and MAF sensor. PCV valve may be a good idea to replace as it is fairly cheap and cut be causing air circulation chokeholds. When is the last time you replaced the wires and plugs? And is it sputtering at idle or when you drive it does it misfire. Could also be an incredibly clogged fuel filter as stated before. May want to try seafoaming your vacuum system to clean out all of your hoses and things like that. List of what I would do goes in this order

Fuel filter
Plugs and wires
Clean tb and maf
Exhaust gas recirculating valve would not cause that significant of problems.
Replace 02 sensors.
Pcv valve
And then end by seafoaming your crankcase and vacuum lines
Change oil 500 miles after seafoaming crankcase

This entire list can be done in about 5 hours and 200 dollars later, and it is all incredibly worth it. I cannot stress enough how much maintenance like this contributes to saving a cars life. Most expensive thing would be the wires..
Old 10-14-2013, 07:59 AM   #108
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Europe
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevensV6 View Post
Have you been sending your info in when you get new mods and having them write you new tunes?!? Every mod you get you're supposed to have them wrote you a new set of tunes for man. ---------- Post added at 04:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:51 AM ---------- And just so you're not mislead. A tuner does not disable the governor. When you're tuning the car and it has you look through additional options, that's where you can take the speed limiter off. The tunes don't come written that way
Well, the diablosport predator has many options of tunes for almost every type of CAI, octane and you can also modify it if you know how to, so there's no need. Also it automatically disables the speed limiter but you can enable it manually if you wish. It's a bit different from the bama one but it's awesome!
Knooper3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2013, 10:19 AM   #109
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Asia
Maf sensor n TB I cleaned about a month back. Plugs n oil n air filter changed about 1000 miles back. Fuel filter changed about 200 miles back. Wires, not done. O2 sensors, r about 150 dollars here. Each. Haven't got around to that yet...

---------- Post added at 07:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:18 PM ----------

Sorry but what's a pcv valve?
romeshs1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 10:21 AM   #110
Registered Member
Regular

This is what my obd2 reader is saying. Not that it makes much sense to me though.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4118856189.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	361.6 KB
ID:	132488   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2771583835.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	260.1 KB
ID:	132489  

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2223509412.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	360.8 KB
ID:	132490  
Old 10-14-2013, 10:44 AM   #111
Registered Member
Regular

Check your wires. Ignition points on the coil pack as well. Not getting enough spark it sounds like it had to be an ignition problem. Fuel pump would just make it impossible to start the vehicle. A pcv valve is like an overflow for air I believe, although I do know that if it's restricted or kinked it can cause the vehicle to choke off and not run properly, but that's more of a subtle issue. If you're rough idling it probably isn't that. I see that your idling at mid 600 which the vehicle might as well be shut off gotta be wires or atleast connection points with the coil pack. If their stock wires you need to change those suckers now. Pull em of on both ends and check the metal points, see if they're burnt? Also were the plugs put in correctly? Gapped too much?? Sounds like you're missing to me
Old 10-15-2013, 04:26 AM   #112
Registered Member
Regular

Hi guys.. Can you post a few pics of your engine bay? So that I could see if I can notice anything wrong with mine or anything out of place? Or maybe mail me to me? Thanks...
ian.silva@live.com
Old 10-15-2013, 05:07 AM   #113
Registered Member
Regular

Sure man I will when I get home from work today. Take some of yours as well. And if possible take a video of it rough idling please
Old 10-15-2013, 05:38 AM   #114
Registered Member
Regular

Will do. Thanks bro
Old 10-15-2013, 08:32 AM   #115
Registered Member
Regular

Checked the PCV valve n I think it's stuck open. Air blows both ways.
Old 10-15-2013, 09:10 AM   #116
Registered Member
Regular

Hahahah told you man. That pcv valve will mess you up. Replace it and tell me how it runs after. Their 60 dollars at O Reilly's. It's worth it if that's what's giving you problems
Old 10-15-2013, 10:45 AM   #117
Registered Member
Regular

Will check it and update here bro. Thanks. Damn entire Arab world n neighbors are closed these days. So I'm gonna have to wait to go part shopping.
Old 10-15-2013, 12:20 PM   #118
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Will check it and update here bro. Thanks. Damn entire Arab world n neighbors are closed these days. So I'm gonna have to wait to go part shopping.
Lol where you at??
Old 10-15-2013, 12:42 PM   #119
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Hahahah told you man. That pcv valve will mess you up. Replace it and tell me how it runs after. Their 60 dollars at O Reilly's. It's worth it if that's what's giving you problems
you make wonders i wouldn't have thought about the valve nice!

romeshs1983, tell us your mpg once it's working i really wonder what's the improvement with your aerodynamics
Old 10-15-2013, 02:50 PM   #120
Registered Member
Regular

I love in dubai... And it's Islamic Christmas like here! Lol. (Not being religiously racist)
Not even a super market is open to buy a pack of smokes!!!
Old 10-15-2013, 04:13 PM   #121
Registered Member
Regular

Hahaha man I'm just used to **** messing up hahahah!! Well man tomorrow let me know how it goes lol! I'm glad you looked into it man definetly could be causing the issue
Old 10-20-2013, 05:22 AM   #122
Registered Member
Regular

By the way, i did clean my MAF yesterday and also changed my fuel filter and it's a huge difference! the mpg does get closer to normal and at wot it's much more powerful i love it!!!
Old 10-20-2013, 11:49 AM   #123
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Did you ever change the pcv valve? And knooper hell yeah after I did all that to mine it made a huge difference. And I got a tb spacer for the sounds and it sounds cool0
Old 10-20-2013, 12:37 PM   #124
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Did you ever change the pcv valve? And knooper hell yeah after I did all that to mine it made a huge difference. And I got a tb spacer for the sounds and it sounds cool0
yeah, i enjoyed the TB spacer too and i did feel some improvement over 1500 rpm it's quite a fun thing to add

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang