Exhaust upgrades? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-26-2013, 04:26 AM   #1

Region: Virginia
Exhaust upgrades?

Hi every body!

i am looking to purchase the pacesetter LT headers for my
2008 V6 mustang. i also want to add the slp loud mouth axel back, while removing the cats completely.

will my mustang sound like a rice, or something like a true muscle car. on idle and while driving?
what kind of gains will i be looking at?

also right now i have the flow masters 60 series with a scavenger X pipe and cats.
that being said can i was thinking of this set up:
LT's
Scavenger X pipe
SLP loudmouths

how will my car sound?
i do not want my v6 to sound like a ricer, but i do want to add the LT for the Hp and torque gains...
and ive heard good things about the SLP's so if i combine all the good things, what am i really looking at?

THANKS

chris
Ps. I know my car will never sound like v8, but can't help but keep trying
No need to be an jerk.
arphell is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-26-2013, 10:36 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
If you're going catless, IMO long tubes sound alright. But don't go xpipe. Get the Mac prochamber or an h pipe. Produces a deeper sound!
Bschmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 03:35 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
Any finds on the tube┬┐
{Never Enough HP}
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-25-2013, 02:16 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
To me shorties sound better on a v6 than long tubes...not as much power but a lot deeper sound
08Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 08:50 AM   #5

Region: New Jersey
I just installed a MAC cut and clamp prochamber with stock take off GT mufflers on my 06 V6, stock manifolds and cats in place. I wasn't happy with the sound so I bit the bullet and put on Pypes Pype Bombs. They are very loud and aggressive sounding. In my opinion though, they are too loud. Drone at around 2k RPM's is terrible. Now I am hunting what to try next. If you want loud, you can't go wrong with that combo, but it isn't for me.. I'm considering Flowmasters, but you can't get a good sound clip on video to know what they really sound like.
Jimljr145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 12:17 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimljr145 View Post
I just installed a MAC cut and clamp prochamber with stock take off GT mufflers on my 06 V6, stock manifolds and cats in place. I wasn't happy with the sound so I bit the bullet and put on Pypes Pype Bombs. They are very loud and aggressive sounding. In my opinion though, they are too loud. Drone at around 2k RPM's is terrible. Now I am hunting what to try next. If you want loud, you can't go wrong with that combo, but it isn't for me.. I'm considering Flowmasters, but you can't get a good sound clip on video to know what they really sound like.
I was looking at that set up. Flowmasters with a prochamber.. If you go with it I'd love to know how it sounds!
Bschmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 04:41 PM   #7

As I mentioned a few days ago, I swapped out the Pype Bombs with Flowmaster's (this one- Flowmaster American Thunder Mustang Axle-Back Exhaust 17410 (05-10 GT, GT500) - Free Shipping 17410) and have to tell you, I love this combined with the Prochamber! I know it will never sound like a V8, and it doesn't. But it has a bit of a rumble and doesn't sound like a Honda.. It's deeper at idle, and is fairly loud when you're getting on it. At cruising speed it's just right. The Pype Bombs are really loud if that's what you want. I didn't think it sounded good with the V6 though. It would probably be amazing on the GT.
Old 11-16-2013, 08:19 PM   #8

I swapped the Pype Bomb's for Flowmaster's American Thunder axle back. The car sounds so much better now! It still has a slight drone, but it;s nothing compared to the Pype Bombs. I know that the only way to sound like a V8 is to have a V8. But, I have a V6, and now it sounds sweet! Sorry to hi-jack! To the OP, if you want loud, then I would recommend the Pype Bombs and a Pro Chamber. It will be loud. Just be prepared for the drone. If you want it to sound good, put on the prochamber with a muffler on it.. I would highly recommend my set up!

RockAuto - walker Dynomax LH intermediate pipe $40.79 (plus shipping)
Pypes Mustang Black Pype-Bomb Mustang Axle-Back Exhaust SFM60MSB (05-10 GT & GT500) - Free Shipping SFM60MSB
Flowmaster American Thunder Mustang Axle-Back Exhaust 17410 (05-10 GT, GT500) - Free Shipping 17410
MAC Mustang Cut & Clamp X-pipe PC2250 (05-10 V6) - Free Shipping PC2250

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang