constant problems. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-10-2013, 09:57 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
constant problems.

I hit 50k miles back in december and since them i have always had one problem or another on this car. Anyone got the same thing? Wether Its suspension or engine its always one thing or another. I have an 08 with 63k miles
Audicrashdummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2013, 10:04 AM   #2
Sad Panda
Staff

its odd that the 08 would have all these problems I would think an 05 or 06 would be a gremlin but its odd that 08 is
98 UA Mustang GT - sold
10 CI Mustang GT - slow
silverskoundrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 10:10 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverskoundrel View Post
its odd that the 08 would have all these problems I would think an 05 or 06 would be a gremlin but its odd that 08 is
And I mean its not that I drive it to hard or anything. A lot of the driving is highway. I realize that 13k miles is alot in 10 months but I take care as far as maintaining it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2013, 10:21 AM   #4
Sad Panda
Staff

what all have you had to replace in the last 10 months?
98 UA Mustang GT - sold
10 CI Mustang GT - slow
Old 10-10-2013, 11:00 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
I've got an 08 with 73k and I've only had to replace the water thermostat housing which is very typical for our 4.0s over 60k miles and I had to replace the alternator. But that's it really
08Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 11:08 AM   #6
Sad Panda
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08Mustang View Post
I've got an 08 with 73k and I've only had to replace the water thermostat housing which is very typical for our 4.0s over 60k miles and I had to replace the alternator. But that's it really
ive done my thermostat housing and outer tie rode ends but my alternator is still holding up on my 05
98 UA Mustang GT - sold
10 CI Mustang GT - slow
Old 10-10-2013, 11:12 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Europe
I had the housing too, the EGR valve, anti roll bar links... and the seat levers the rest were improvements. but i do keep it in the garage and look for the best cheap gas i can find. and it's an 05.
would you write all the problems you've had?
Knooper3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 11:14 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverskoundrel View Post
what all have you had to replace in the last 10 months?
Wires, plugs, fuel filter, ball joint, tie rods, shocks, struts, strut mounts, all fluids, all filters, battery, alternator, thrmostat and housing, brakes and pads.

---------- Post added at 10:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 AM ----------

Sway bar links.
Old 10-10-2013, 11:15 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audicrashdummy View Post
Wires, plugs, fuel filter, ball joint, tie rods, shocks, struts, strut mounts, all fluids, all filters, battery, alternator, thrmostat and housing, brakes and pads.
well, these are some things that are regularly changed eventually. about the suspension stuff, do you have bumpy roads? or 20-ish inch wheels?
Old 10-10-2013, 11:17 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08Mustang View Post
My alternator was a mess. Nothing wrong for ever then one day just driving on 410 at 70 and I loose all lights and electronics. It was a sudden thing out of nowhere

---------- Post added at 10:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knooper3 View Post

well, these are some things that are regularly changed eventually. about the suspension stuff, do you have bumpy roads? or 20-ish inch wheels?
Nope stock 16s but I do have bilstein hd series shocks and struts. And when I go over a bump it sounds like the front end comes completely undone and knocks around
Old 10-10-2013, 11:25 AM   #11
Sad Panda
Staff

Quote:

---------- Post added at 10:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 AM ----------

Sway bar links.
ive done almost 90% of that stuff but it was voluntary. my car didn't need most of it.
98 UA Mustang GT - sold
10 CI Mustang GT - slow
Old 10-10-2013, 11:30 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
My alternator was a mess. Nothing wrong for ever then one day just driving on 410 at 70 and I loose all lights and electronics. It was a sudden thing out of nowhere

---------- Post added at 10:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 AM ----------

Nope stock 16s but I do have bilstein hd series shocks and struts. And when I go over a bump it sounds like the front end comes completely undone and knocks around
knocking is something many 4.0's have. mostly on the right side. it's from the spring hitting the housing and the fix is new springs or some hard rubber between the spring and the housing. but it's nothing to worry about. i'm really sorry to hear you have an unreliable pony. these are not mercedes but should be stronger than fiesta's. anyway, these parts you added should work for a long time now. also, be very careful which repair shop you go to, in my country you can't even trust the ford dealership
Old 10-10-2013, 11:35 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knooper3 View Post

knocking is something many 4.0's have. mostly on the right side. it's from the spring hitting the housing and the fix is new springs or some hard rubber between the spring and the housing. but it's nothing to worry about. i'm really sorry to hear you have an unreliable pony. these are not mercedes but should be stronger than fiesta's. anyway, these parts you added should work for a long time now. also, be very careful which repair shop you go to, in my country you can't even trust the ford dealership
I do it all on my own haha I don't ttust others with my car. But yeah its been frustrating. And recently all of my control arms are bad now and the starter is having a hard time. But other than that it has been a great car
Old 10-14-2013, 04:26 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Sad to hear its a lemon pony.. do you drive it through harsh weather conditions on a regular basis? Control arms should not be getting destroyed like that. Unless you mud bog with it and pull a general lee jump everytime you get a chance lol
StevensV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 06:46 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevensV6 View Post
Sad to hear its a lemon pony.. do you drive it through harsh weather conditions on a regular basis? Control arms should not be getting destroyed like that. Unless you mud bog with it and pull a general lee jump everytime you get a chance lol
Haha no nothing that extreme. If it rains ill take it out and get sideways but nope no jumping here haha

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang