Moisture gathering on Windshield - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-21-2013, 10:14 AM   #1
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Moisture gathering on Windshield

Recently I've noticed my inside window has been fogging up like crazy is this normal? Or is moisture coming in from somewhere?
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2013, 03:38 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Could be the windshield leaking. Also there is a couple of drains for the cowl, located down low on the fire wall. They clog up with leaves, then force the water inside. To unclog them, just stick your fingers in and pull out the trash. You have one on each side. Could be many things, but these are the most common two.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 11:01 AM   #3

Region: Tennessee
If it's cold outside then it could just be you breathing inside your car, you can clear up the windshield by just blowing cold air on it with the AC or roll down the windows. The fog should vanish in a couple seconds. I don't think it's a problem with your car, I sat in my car with my girlfriend for like an hour or two and there was enough fog on the inside of my windshield to which I couldn't see what so ever, and it took about 6 seconds for the AC to clear it up completely. There's a setting on the AC to make it blow on the windshield, I can't for the life of me remember what it's called but for me it's all the way to the right, there's a button at the bottom too to make it blow on my rear windshield.
Sparkz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-29-2013, 12:57 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkz View Post
If it's cold outside then it could just be you breathing inside your car, you can clear up the windshield by just blowing cold air on it with the AC or roll down the windows. The fog should vanish in a couple seconds. I don't think it's a problem with your car, I sat in my car with my girlfriend for like an hour or two and there was enough fog on the inside of my windshield to which I couldn't see what so ever, and it took about 6 seconds for the AC to clear it up completely. There's a setting on the AC to make it blow on the windshield, I can't for the life of me remember what it's called but for me it's all the way to the right, there's a button at the bottom too to make it blow on my rear windshield.
Suuure... U guys just sat there
Zhim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 12:58 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Lol the defroster ?
Doubledeee99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 01:03 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhim View Post
Suuure... U guys just sat there
lol right for a couple hours too... Damn.. Looooong talk ehh?

And I don't think anything is wrong.. Normal but check what the guy above said to be sure..
02GTvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 01:04 PM   #7
Road Trip!

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford View Post
Recently I've noticed my inside window has been fogging up like crazy is this normal? Or is moisture coming in from somewhere?
Does it fog up when your a/c is on?
93mstnglx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 02:23 PM   #8

Region: Tennessee
Defroster, that's the name
Sparkz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 06:18 AM   #9
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93mstnglx View Post

Does it fog up when your a/c is on?
Not as much. But the under side of my drivers carpet is damp. I may have to put the top down and check those drain holes again. I've checked the windshield because I thought that was the culprit.
Old 11-01-2013, 07:22 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford View Post
Not as much. But the under side of my drivers carpet is damp. I may have to put the top down and check those drain holes again. I've checked the windshield because I thought that was the culprit.
Same happens to me in the cold weather. I brought it to ford and they "checked all seals of all windows" and said everything looks to be fine. It's only when get off work 5:30am and it is cold outside. But I will have moisture on the inside of my window. Bothers the sh1t out of me. Always having to clean my window
Tpost08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 12:38 PM   #11
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Michigan
Quote:
........ there's a button at the bottom too to make it blow on my rear windshield.
It doesn't blow anything on the rear. You are turning the rear defroster on -that's what the grid is on the window. It heats up to clear the window.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang