Diablo sport tune MPGS - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-23-2013, 02:18 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Diablo sport tune MPGS

So I am getting about 15-17 mpg's with my 93 octane tune and a BBK CAI, feel like I should be getting a few more Mpg's... anything I can change in the parameters of of the tune that would help improve my MPG's?

Idle*RPM*Drive/Neutral,*04‐2010*

WOT*Fuel*1k‐3.8k*/*4k‐5k*/*5k‐7k*-----Would possibly running these more lean or rich help??? Currently both set to 0%

Rev*Limit*Drive/Neutral,*04‐2010*
WOT*Spark*1k‐3.8k*/*4k‐5k*/*5k‐7k*
Tire*Size*
MDS*disable,*where*applicable*
Shift*Points*
Speed*limit*
Low*Tire*Pressure*Threshold*adjustment,*where*applicable*
Electronic*Throttle*Sensitivity,*where*applicable*

07 v6 w/pny pkg
Grateful Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2013, 04:33 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Europe
I would like to know too. I have poor mpg too. The only thing that makes sense is to reduce idle rpm to stock which is around 640. Also the temps of the fan to stock because it takes current and keeps engine cold for longer but these are some basic things. I would like to know if someone has some ideas that actually help
Knooper3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 06:24 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

What would be a stock temp for the fan? Would that decrease HP?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2013, 09:33 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

IF I wrap the BBK CAI with some heat reduction wrap perhaps that could help??

Or Maybe I should just go back to the 87 tune?
Old 10-24-2013, 02:43 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grateful Rider View Post
IF I wrap the BBK CAI with some heat reduction wrap perhaps that could help?? Or Maybe I should just go back to the 87 tune?
Wraping doesn't help the CAI, it's been discussed before. Also, reducing the temp doesn't decrease hp, only allows engine to reach optimum operating temp sooner. Try to load a stock one to see the settings for the temps and then apply those settings on your new tune. Right now i am looking to see if BAMA does a better job than the predator concerning mpg
Old 10-24-2013, 04:44 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Do you think that would actually help my MPG's? Im lazy lol
Old 10-24-2013, 05:15 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

well, does the car run rough? or does it run ok? also, you can check this thread:
MPG?
you can find there all the ideas for improving mpg if you look carefully but your 15-17 is way better than my 12
Old 10-24-2013, 07:23 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

So I adjusted some things, and still have to go on a long cruise to get the full effect, but I have faith what I did worked, and No CEL light so thats a good sign, and running smooth.

I adjusted the Fuel to run a little more lean about, and lowered the fan temp a few degrees, took off the speed limiter, and lowered the idle time to 650 rpm... il keep updates after I hit the highway, I have been taking the O/D off but I cant really tell if thats helping or not, so maybe I will just turn that off when im doing a lot of stop and go driving or going up a big hill.
Old 10-25-2013, 04:13 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Well at this point I seemed to have fixed the issue, went on a ride down the highway and it was about a 20 mile ride, I got up to 25 mpg's by the end. Went home, then ran to run a few errands close to home in the suburbs, went down to 23.3 but still much much better than the 12-17 I was getting before! Looks like leaning out the WOT fuel ration worked pretty well, along with dropping the fan temp a few degrees, and the idle speed. Hope this helps! Good Luck!

Oh and im letting car stay in o/d because that is just what it goes to normally. Seems to actually run better now that way than with it off.
Old 10-26-2013, 02:33 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Well at this point I seemed to have fixed the issue, went on a ride down the highway and it was about a 20 mile ride, I got up to 25 mpg's by the end. Went home, then ran to run a few errands close to home in the suburbs, went down to 23.3 but still much much better than the 12-17 I was getting before! Looks like leaning out the WOT fuel ration worked pretty well, along with dropping the fan temp a few degrees, and the idle speed. Hope this helps! Good Luck!

Oh and im letting car stay in o/d because that is just what it goes to normally. Seems to actually run better now that way than with it off.
it's best with o/d so, you say leaner is better? also, did you notice some power issues? also, what do you mean by dropping fan temp? i increased it to be closer to stock normal and i think it's better this way to keep it at it's optimum temp
Old 10-26-2013, 03:07 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

**** I thought you said to lower fan temp... I will raise it back i only doped it about 4 degrees, leaner is better yes... no power issues and car starts and runs smoothly. .... what temp is stock normal for the fan?
Old 10-26-2013, 03:31 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Well, i don't find where i stored my config... But you can simulate installing your stock tune, there you go on the parameters and see where they are set to and then apply to your modified tune this is how i did it. The coolant temps i kept only a bit cooler than stock but much warmer than the modified tune
Old 10-26-2013, 03:33 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

If I go back to see the settings in the stock tune it makes me clear all the settings for my current tune... think I would be ok just raising a few degrees without running in to any issues?
Old 10-26-2013, 03:37 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

It's very ok with the temps i tell you from experience and i wot it often. But i don't have it lean like yours and leaner increases temps
Old 10-26-2013, 03:40 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Very true, I think I may just set back to what the tune had it in originally for the 93 octane. Like I said I only changed it about 4 degrees, since with the lean i am running a tad hot anyway as you mentioned. I would assume if anything went wrong a CEL light would pop on? Am a silly for thinking that the computer would catch an err code?
Old 10-26-2013, 05:30 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Very true, I think I may just set back to what the tune had it in originally for the 93 octane. Like I said I only changed it about 4 degrees, since with the lean i am running a tad hot anyway as you mentioned. I would assume if anything went wrong a CEL light would pop on? Am a silly for thinking that the computer would catch an err code?
Yup, if the temp goes bad (which is impossible because besides the cool typical temps of the radiator, there also is the thermostat that does it's job perfectly) you'll have warnings on dash way before you can do any harm to the engine i know this because i've broken my radiator once
Old 10-29-2013, 02:54 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

So after a lot of driving in the city, I am at a steady 20 mpg. Will update once I hit the highway next on what I am getting then. Adjusted the WOT fuel down from 2 percent into the lean to only 1 full percent.
Old 10-29-2013, 02:59 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

omg omg! this is huge! i'm gonna do the same this weekend! i'm very curious
Old 10-29-2013, 03:28 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

So far it seems to have fixed the issue, let me know what happens on your end!
Old 10-29-2013, 04:24 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

i see on the owner's manual that it works only at WOT, which means that it would go lean only when i step on it. am i wrong?
Old 10-30-2013, 05:12 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

I'll buy a rich-lean gauge and i'll monitor it's behaviour but i'm very curious to see it's behaviour, also, i'll keep the tuner on to see real time engine temp
Old 11-02-2013, 05:42 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

what version do you have? because i have only 2-4k and 4-7k to set. but i made it leaner with 0.5 and it went great with mpg. today i go to 1
Old 11-04-2013, 03:33 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

I have the newer version Diablo, it's about a year old or so .. im steady rockin 19 mpg city right now, haven't been on the highway much since I was getting 25 highway but I assume it would go up.
Old 11-04-2013, 03:41 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I have the newer version Diablo, it's about a year old or so .. im steady rockin 19 mpg city right now, haven't been on the highway much since I was getting 25 highway but I assume it would go up.
so, what is your final configuration? 1%? and can you please look at the version of your predator? because i can see that the more updated it is, the worse
You have some great mpg. i couldn't get over 17.3 with 1.5% this weekend
Old 11-04-2013, 03:52 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Yes my final config is - %1 and that is what mpg im getting... I had it set to -%2 when I was getting 25 mpg on the highway... still need to take a long trip on the highway to see what I am getting with this final config of -%1. My Diablo is the UZ145 ... My car has been running 93 octane for a while now maybe that has something to do with it? Recent oil changes? Not sure what could be causing mine to show better results...
Old 11-04-2013, 04:08 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yes my final config is - %1 and that is what mpg im getting... I had it set to -%2 when I was getting 25 mpg on the highway... still need to take a long trip on the highway to see what I am getting with this final config of -%1. My Diablo is the UZ145 ... My car has been running 93 octane for a while now maybe that has something to do with it? Recent oil changes? Not sure what could be causing mine to show better results...
hmm, thanks for the info! i don't know either. did you drive it lightly around town or normal? i did change everything. the last things to change are ignition stuff and i'll seafoam it in the spring. also, do you have new spark plugs? or a full aftermarket ignition system? because the diablosport tunes also advance the ignition timing and one might need a better spark for that
Old 11-06-2013, 05:35 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

I pretty much drive normally, slightly letting up on the pedal when coasting etc... all plugs are stock, and have never sea foamed... stock fuel and ignition system.. looking to upgrade tho, at least better plugs, and possibly aftmkrt ignition.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang

« Gauges | rough ride »