Questions for the newer 6ers... - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-11-2013, 10:07 AM   #36
beardless wonder
Staff

Region: Texas
Ok jms
98 UA Mustang GT - sold
10 CI Mustang GT - slow
silverskoundrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2013, 05:10 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
I'm glad we noticed that...lol

I was wondering, thinking: Didn't someone credible just offer their car...

If you hit up autotrader, and then subtract at least 10%, that should be your ball park. The perfect car isn't always right down the block. If you want a deal, it usually takes patience and some work- either elbow grease, driving, or both.

My second car usually KBBs 4-5k, dealers usually want +7 (seen some as high as 13), mine from a dealer would be at least 8. Guy asked 4, got 'em down to 3 and have been happy as a clam. Oh, I also had to drive to Maryland (from Ohio) to pick it up lol. When you show up somewhere with cash in hand, people get ready to deal real quick. Being winter (harder to sell Mustangs), and people not wanting to pay taxes on cars carrying over to next year, they will be more likely to sell. Best time to get a deal on a FR is when there's some powder on the ground.

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 05:56 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc View Post
I'm glad we noticed that...lol I was wondering, thinking: Didn't someone credible just offer their car... If you hit up autotrader, and then subtract at least 10%, that should be your ball park. The perfect car isn't always right down the block. If you want a deal, it usually takes patience and some work- either elbow grease, driving, or both. My second car usually KBBs 4-5k, dealers usually want +7 (seen some as high as 13), mine from a dealer would be at least 8. Guy asked 4, got 'em down to 3 and have been happy as a clam. Oh, I also had to drive to Maryland (from Ohio) to pick it up lol. When you show up somewhere with cash in hand, people get ready to deal real quick. Being winter (harder to sell Mustangs), and people not wanting to pay taxes on cars carrying over to next year, they will be more likely to sell. Best time to get a deal on a FR is when there's some powder on the ground.
I test drive a 12 today and holy **** that thing was fast. I think I am going to be in the market for 11+... What you guys think? It sucks tho cuz you can't get one for less than 15-16k

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
1999 35th Anniversary V6(SOLD)
V6 stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2013, 06:33 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverskoundrel View Post
If you want a well taken care of v6 come to me. I'll sell you mine for 10500$

---------- Post added at 08:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:08 PM ----------

mines got 79,800 & I'm asking 10500 hit me up if you want more information brother.
Or

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...gIndex=1&Log=0

A few of them need real work, here: http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...rch=true&Log=0

I am sure there are more if you don't mind an automatic/tranny swap.

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 06:35 PM   #40
beardless wonder
Staff

Haha
98 UA Mustang GT - sold
10 CI Mustang GT - slow
silverskoundrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 07:13 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:

Or

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...gIndex=1&Log=0

A few of them need real work, here: http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...rch=true&Log=0

I am sure there are more if you don't mind an automatic/tranny swap.
That black one though...
ManBearPigBalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 09:37 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Or http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...gIndex=1&Log=0 A few of them need real work, here: http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...rch=true&Log=0 I am sure there are more if you don't mind an automatic/tranny swap.
Jesus Christ Texas has some inflated *** mustangs. I couldn't even nearly find any 11's that cheap here. I mean I see 05's with 120k miles going for that price lmao!

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
1999 35th Anniversary V6(SOLD)
V6 stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 05:03 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Thumbs up I went from an 01' New Edge 3.8 to an 07' PP 4.0

&I have never looked back. My 07 PP is stock except for the dual exhaust and my 01 is stock with custom single exhaust, CAI, Steeda Tri-Ax and adjustable clutch cable. The cabin is more spacious and comfortable. Definitely a car you can take on long road trips unlike the 01. The interior accents are much more appealing and if you get an S197 with My Color you can break free from the green lighting Ford likes to use. The engine bay is nice a big carrying a nice and clean looking 4.0L (unless you get a car from someone who was driving around without fender walls). The front and rear sway bars on the PP make handling much better than my 01 and takes corners like a boss! Acceleration is faster and more responsive, probably due to the dual exhaust. Both my 01 and 04 are manual and I hated everything about the stock shifter on the new edge. On the 07 stock shifter its not the best but, by leaps and bounds it is not as bad as the new edge! Still it has got to go! The clutch on the 07 is actually even with the gas and brake pedal JS (its a pretty big deal). There is more room in the back seat and trunk, it's still not much but, what can you expect from a coupe. The new hardware on the S197 is dream, its not yet rusted or so frail it just snaps off. You will definitely LIKE the S197 4.0 better guaranteed! I know you had a lot of mods but, it is worth a new beginning!

Hope this helps!
CJZona is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang