Still jerks after repairs to fuel pump and solenoid - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-03-2013, 07:25 PM   #1

Region: Arizona
Still jerks after repairs to fuel pump and solenoid

My 2006 V-6 automatic has had a few repairs (fuel pump, fuel sender unit, transmission solenoid), which fixed most of my hesitancy and jerking issues. Still experience jerking in low gear, tho--such as when I slow to take a turn at a light, but while still holding forward momentum, I turn and accelerate. What are the possible fixes to this continuing problem? Thanks in advance for your thoughts!
Skinhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2013, 10:45 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
is your car tuned? every once in a blue moon mine will jerk when im at parking lot speeds and rarely a turn at a redlight.(caution my extremely unliscensed and uneducated opinion ahead) if you tap the gas before you actually mean to press it to get going, the bit of fuel that rushes in with the advanced timing and such will give you a quick surge. generally when it does that itll rock me into accidentally tapping it a few more times so it looks and sounds like im failing to pull out in a manual. (mine is an 06 auto aswell) the only fix is to not touch the gas until your committed to holding it in for a few seconds,not just tapping it.
TorchRed6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 01:56 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorchRed6 View Post
is your car tuned? .......the only fix is to not touch the gas until your committed to holding it in for a few seconds,not just tapping it.
Good thought. I just got it in August with 43k on it. Still had original battery, even! Full inspection did not reveal any hint as to the need for replacement of plugs, and it had passed California emissions just fine as well. But......hmmmm.....maybe....
As for committing to the gas--I don't think that has been an issue for me. The hesitation occurs when I am pressing the gas, somewhere between 1st and 2nd gear shifting, at about 1700-2000 rpms. Thanks for the feedback!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2013, 10:25 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

hm...other than that it could be a bad coil pack or just a lose wire somewhere.check all your plug wires and make sure their all connected properly.and watch your gauges when it does that and see if anything moves.
Old 11-10-2013, 10:35 AM   #5

Usually shows a big jump in rpms around the 1700-2000 range, after having hesitated for way too long. If ever challenged on the line by a Kia, the delay could easily trumpet in a big smoking. Shame! I can't imagine that the Ford guys wouldn't have checked the plugs for snugness at least, given all of the diagnosing and repairs they've done thus far, but I will give due diligence to checking them myself.
Old 11-10-2013, 06:04 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

bad injectors maybe?? im running outta ideas. could be bad gas but if its done it for a long time id highly doubt it.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang