Starter??? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-05-2013, 08:43 AM   #1

Region: Oklahoma
Question Starter???

I had a very strange thing happen with my Mustang yesterday. When I tried to start it in the morning, it didn't want to start. Turned over but made a grinding noise. Second time got it started but I had to hold the key longer than usual and it made the noise again. Clock and pre-set stations are wrong. When I tried to start it at lunch, the same thing happened.

Got home, told my husband and started it to show him, started fine. After lunch, headed back to work, started fine. Stopped at post office, started fine. My husband came to my office when it was time for me to get off work (thought maybe the issue would resurface after it had sat for a few hours), started fine.

While he was in it, he turned the radio off. I started it up, turned the radio back on and, here's the really weird part, all my pre-set stations were back. Not only that, the time on my clock was correct and I hadn't set it back an hour for the time change.

Anyone else have this happen or have any ideas?

The one thing I've always had going for me was people's low expectations. Nobody ever expects a whole hell of a lot from me.
~*~Chris Isaak~*~
Montie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2013, 10:46 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Minnesota
I say solar flares. Lol. His does seem odd. Hopefully somebody will chime in and shed sole light here for ya. Welcome to ME!
Skulls98GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 04:07 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Europe
the battery is dying. these are the symptoms, soon it won't start from one day to another. i had similar problems and they got sorted out after i got a new one. i guess yours is pretty old, right?
By the way, i see you have the pony package and i have an off topic question: what are the diameters of your front and rear sway bars? (i am considering converting mine to a pony package) Thanks
Knooper3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2015, 04:00 PM   #4

Region: Oklahoma
I'm sorry, I just saw this post. I actually have no idea about the sway bars but didn't want you to think I just ignored it. I'm going to have some front end work done though so if I find out, I'll let you know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knooper3 View Post
the battery is dying. these are the symptoms, soon it won't start from one day to another. i had similar problems and they got sorted out after i got a new one. i guess yours is pretty old, right?
By the way, i see you have the pony package and i have an off topic question: what are the diameters of your front and rear sway bars? (i am considering converting mine to a pony package) Thanks

The one thing I've always had going for me was people's low expectations. Nobody ever expects a whole hell of a lot from me.
~*~Chris Isaak~*~
Montie is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang