Supercharger - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-08-2013, 12:54 PM   #1

Region: California
Supercharger

im looking to get a supercharger but I don't know which one to get. I want to get one that gives me the most horsepower. preferably around 350
JGS797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2013, 01:19 PM   #2
ME Bloodhound
Staff

XCharger

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 01:26 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Keene bell
comporange is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2013, 01:27 PM   #4
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
There's a couple different superchargers that work nicely with the 4.0L v6. If max power is your main focus, than a centrifugal supercharger is a most. Your best bet for max power would be the Procharger stage II kit. It comes with the a 2 core intercooler, 39lb injectors, computer programer, and other odds and ends for a complete install.

The only thing you may need is a fuel pump booster or an upgraded fuel pump. Other than that, you'll very very close to your 350hp goal at 10psi. This is also assuming your Mustang is mostly stock?

I should also mention, with this much power you're going to quickly find all the weakest links in your drivetrain. Especially the factory rear. I highly recommend switching to the 8.8 rear found in the GT's. Although, maybe you already have some upgrades? Fill me in on your current mods and budget and we can go from there!

Shane
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 01:28 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by comporange View Post
Keene bell
Don't think they make one for the v6
Rapinator126 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 01:34 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
Don't think they make one for the v6
Lmao they sure don't just my .02. My goal is too keep this car for 1 yr and next summer getting into a v8 ins jus went down

---------- Post added at 02:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:32 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by comporange View Post
Lmao they sure don't just my .02. My goal is too keep this car for 1 yr and next summer getting into a v8 ins jus went down
. Just realized he had a six mybad
comporange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 01:55 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky View Post
There's a couple different superchargers that work nicely with the 4.0L v6. If max power is your main focus, than a centrifugal supercharger is a most. Your best bet for max power would be the Procharger stage II kit. It comes with the a 2 core intercooler, 39lb injectors, computer programer, and other odds and ends for a complete install.

The only thing you may need is a fuel pump booster or an upgraded fuel pump. Other than that, you'll very very close to your 350hp goal at 10psi. This is also assuming your Mustang is mostly stock?

I should also mention, with this much power you're going to quickly find all the weakest links in your drivetrain. Especially the factory rear. I highly recommend switching to the 8.8 rear found in the GT's. Although, maybe you already have some upgrades? Fill me in on your current mods and budget and we can go from there!

Shane
the only engine mod I have is exhaust most of my mods are appearance
Old 11-08-2013, 02:05 PM   #8
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGS797 View Post
the only engine mod I have is exhaust most of my mods are appearance
Got it. You can certainly install the supercharger kit first and use the programer that it comes with to run the car safety. However, if you drive it aggressively, the factory rear end won't last very long. If you look in the classified section, there's usually a few guys selling used 8.8's that will swap directly into your v6, too. This will help keep the budget down.

Is the car a manual or automatic transmission? If it's a manual, be careful with the clutch in the meantime, as it won't last under harsh abuse for long with any supercharger.

Hope this helps!

Shane
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 02:08 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky View Post
Got it. You can certainly install the supercharger kit first and use the programer that it comes with to run the car safety. However, if you drive it aggressively, the factory rear end won't last very long. If you look in the classified section, there's usually a few guys selling used 8.8's that will swap directly into your v6, too. This will help keep the budget down.

Is the car a manual or automatic transmission? If it's a manual, be careful with the clutch in the meantime, as it won't last under harsh abuse for long with any supercharger.

Hope this helps!

Shane
its an automatic
Old 11-08-2013, 04:30 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via MSN to dudeitsdylan
I have the procharger stage 2 that I'm putting in within the next 2 weeks finally. I'll make sure to let you know my .02 cents once it's in.
dudeitsdylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 07:28 PM   #11
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Michigan
Don't get too hung up on the dyno sheet - lots of guys were putting down a lot more power on their dyno sheet than my 2006 Xcharger Xtreme was. But they couldn't get a better time slip than my 12.6 even with the bigger dyno numbers and I beat them every time I went up against them.

What is your goal with the car as far as street use, track use, and use of the power? That is what determines what forced induction makes the most sense for you.

I loved my Xcharger. It didn't have the biggest dyno sheet, but the power was there where I needed it most - daily commute on the highway when the lane stops for no apparent reason. Hit the gas and the low end torque and power of the Xcharger got me from 0 to 70 in no time so I could get into the lane that was moving. At the track it got the car where I wanted it, running mid 12's. (it was a convertible so I didn't want to have to fully cage it)
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 01:34 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudeitsdylan View Post
I have the procharger stage 2 that I'm putting in within the next 2 weeks finally. I'll make sure to let you know my .02 cents once it's in.
thanks that would help alot

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang