headers and cai - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-15-2013, 12:11 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maine
headers and cai

Will new headers make a big difference in performance? I was looking on AM at the ceramic shorty headers but was sure whether to pay the extra or just go stainless or stay stock. Also was looking into getting a new cai since the one I have is rubbish but it was cheap, between bbk, k&n, and airaid wanted to know opinions on all.
goatsoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2013, 12:24 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I don't have headers so I don't know from experience but just from headers I believe it is mainly going to change the exhaust note. You will gain some HP and some torque but nothing massive.
As far as the cold air intake,I know you didn't mention it but Ford Racing has an air intake that (I think) requires a tune. I think that it looks the best under the hood and since its from ford you can't go wrong.
I'm not sure if you're looking into getting a tune but a tune would get the most results from your bolt ons.
TheBlackStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 12:27 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by goatsoup View Post
Will new headers make a big difference in performance? I was looking on AM at the ceramic shorty headers but was sure whether to pay the extra or just go stainless or stay stock. Also was looking into getting a new cai since the one I have is rubbish but it was cheap, between bbk, k&n, and airaid wanted to know opinions on all.
Hi i would recommend not to get an intake that goes into the fender, because The may suck up water and the differences in hp are minimal. This happened to me and i have to get a new engine trust me not cool at all i will go with the k&n cai since it is not hooked up to the fender
Itachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2013, 12:44 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itachi View Post
Hi i would recommend not to get an intake that goes into the fender, because The may suck up water and the differences in hp are minimal. This happened to me and i have to get a new engine trust me not cool at all i will go with the k&n cai since it is not hooked up to the fender
I had the intake that goes into the fender and every time it rained I was always gettin water. I had to park it every time it rained.. So I wouldn't get that one get the short intake.
Headers will help but get long tubes they help more then shorties. Shorties r not much better then ur stock manifolds.. So if ur gunna spend the money just get the long tubes and be done with it.. U will need a new mid pipe also with the lts
Jsansom is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang