Custom tuner - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-26-2013, 12:56 AM   #1
Registered Member
Region: Pennsylvania
Custom tuner

Hey guys, is there anyway to find out if there is a tune on my car or if it's stock? I'm about 98% positive that when the previous owner put the Airaid CAI on my car he put a tune on with it. The problem is, I didn't get the tuner with the car. I've driven a stock V6 Mustang and it feels nothing like mine to drive, so I think the tune is still on my car (which means whoever has the tuner, has a useless thing as it's still married to my car).

My parents said they would buy me any tuner I wanted (oh the decisions) as a Christmas gift, but I'm worried about not being able to use it as the car may still be linked to another tuner.

Thanks, Michael

1966 Mustang Sprint 200--Wimbledon White
1998 Mustang V6 Coupe--Silver--RIP, Totalled by brother
2005 Mustang V6 Premium Coupe--Sonic Blue
66Sprint200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 08:00 AM   #2
Region: Missouri
Tuners arent like that, if you were to buy a new tuner it has a factory reflash with one of the options. all you would have to do is plug it up, reflash, and then once your settings are back to stock select which tune you want. AM Has good sct tuners with unlimited lifetime tunes, they make good stuff check them out. and if you decide to mod your car more they will send you custom tunes for the mods you complete

mcnattb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 08:08 AM   #3
Registered Member
Region: Indiana
The only problem with it already being tuned is that your stock tune is on his tuner, if you were to ever need it, you'd have to pay Ford. A new tuner will over ride his tunes.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 07:35 AM   #4
Registered Member
Region: Florida
At Steeda we deal with SCT. With them and I believe all others no brand tuner will set your car back to stock without being married to it from the beginning. You will need to take it to the dealer and have them flash it back to stock. When you marry a tuner to a car for the first time it loads the stock tune in it so that you can always go back to stock. No tune is needed for the airaid cold air intake because they keep stock fuel air/fuel ratios so just because you have one does not mean you have a tune.
Matt Henschke
Steeda Autosports
steedamatt is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang