Mustang Evolution Forum banner

2005 V6 Dual Exhaust Conversion Choices

Tags
exhaust
1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  tjpfab 
#1 ·
Seems like a lot out there. Saw the Ford Racing pack with the tune and CAI on American Muscle and am also getting some telling me to go Borla cat back. I'm still a relative novice but figure it's time to learn and have some fun. Any suggestions for the best power/sound/cost options out there?

#2 ·
I think the first decision is to make is whether or not you want a true dual exhaust system or a Y-split. The split dual exhaust is a bit more affordable, but of course doesn't produce a smooth of a tone/volume, nor power. Also, were you planning on keeping the catalytic converters or upgrading to high-flow cats, or going carless?

We have a lot of v6 dual exhaust conversion kits which bolt in easy with no fitment worries. One of my favorite kits is the BBK catted Xpipe conversion. It allows the use of a 05-09 GT axleback, but doesn't include any mufflers. This is kinda nice since everyone likes different muffler setups, and you can mix and match.

Hope this helps you out some!

Shane

#3 ·
I spent hours and hours on exhaust and looked at every option out there. I looked at flowmaster, Magnaflow, Pypes, borla, SLP, MAC, etc. I spent even more time listening to each one and evaluating it. I personally was going for that nice classic sound (deep and throaty like a old Chris Craft) and just last month decided to pull the trigger on some GT MAC axle-backs. I haven't gotten them on the car yet, but they look fantastic as they sit. The 4in. tips are super sharp. I'm paring mine with a custom H-pipe over the X due to the fact the sound is deeper and less raspy. I will post some sound clips when I can, just waiting on the salt to clear in my area to get to the shop. Hopefully this helps and if you have any questions just let me know.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.