2005 V6 Dual Exhaust Conversion Choices - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-26-2014, 08:28 PM   #1
Registered Member
Region: Florida
2005 V6 Dual Exhaust Conversion Choices

Seems like a lot out there. Saw the Ford Racing pack with the tune and CAI on American Muscle and am also getting some telling me to go Borla cat back. I'm still a relative novice but figure it's time to learn and have some fun. Any suggestions for the best power/sound/cost options out there?

tjpfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 09:07 PM   #2
Site Sponsor
Region: Pennsylvania
I think the first decision is to make is whether or not you want a true dual exhaust system or a Y-split. The split dual exhaust is a bit more affordable, but of course doesn't produce a smooth of a tone/volume, nor power. Also, were you planning on keeping the catalytic converters or upgrading to high-flow cats, or going carless?

We have a lot of v6 dual exhaust conversion kits which bolt in easy with no fitment worries. One of my favorite kits is the BBK catted Xpipe conversion. It allows the use of a 05-09 GT axleback, but doesn't include any mufflers. This is kinda nice since everyone likes different muffler setups, and you can mix and match.

Hope this helps you out some!

Will Levantovsky | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 05:48 PM   #3
Registered Member
Region: Kentucky
I spent hours and hours on exhaust and looked at every option out there. I looked at flowmaster, Magnaflow, Pypes, borla, SLP, MAC, etc. I spent even more time listening to each one and evaluating it. I personally was going for that nice classic sound (deep and throaty like a old Chris Craft) and just last month decided to pull the trigger on some GT MAC axle-backs. I haven't gotten them on the car yet, but they look fantastic as they sit. The 4in. tips are super sharp. I'm paring mine with a custom H-pipe over the X due to the fact the sound is deeper and less raspy. I will post some sound clips when I can, just waiting on the salt to clear in my area to get to the shop. Hopefully this helps and if you have any questions just let me know.
2003 Lamborghini Murcielago

2007 V6 Mustang (manual), Hurst/FR short throw, MAC dual exhaust, custom H-pipe, chin spoiler, GT front bumper, billet aluminum grill, GT500 rear bumper, GT500 wing, FR windshield banner, FR strut tower brace, LED interior lights, sequential taillights, FR side markers, slotted and drilled brakes, 93 Cobra teal painted (and cleared) stripes, etc.
Aventador97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 06:09 PM   #4
Registered Member
Region: Florida
Look forward to hearing the sound clips. I need to wait for it to warm up a bit too but want to figure it soon.
tjpfab is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang