BBK 70MM Throttle Body - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-10-2014, 10:11 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
BBK 70MM Throttle Body

Is the BBK throttle body worth it? It doesn't come with an adapter plate
08Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2014, 11:24 AM   #2
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08Mustang View Post
Is the BBK throttle body worth it? It doesn't come with an adapter plate
Hey,

It really depends what you are looking to do with the car. If you are looking to squeeze all the horsepower out of you engine as possible, I would say it is worth it. However, if you are looking for the best bang for your buck, I would say it's questionable.

Most likely you will not feel a difference in horsepower. This will produce several extra horses and if you were to put it on a dyno you would be able to see the number difference. However, on a 3000+lbs car, feeling anything under 20 horsepower is tough. Most likely you will feel a difference in throttle response, and this may save you some 60 foot time. So there are some other benefits, but nothing concrete to say it is certainly worth it.

If you have yet to do something like a tuner, intake or exhaust, I would say they will all be a better bang for your buck. However, if you have them already and are looking for something to compliment those mods, this would be a good choice.

I hope this helps, and if you have any other questions feel free to get in touch with myself or our customer service team. Good luck!

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 01:21 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah I've got an Airaid cai, Bama 93 race tune, Pypes shorties and mid muffler catback, accel coil pack and Taylor wires, and am looking to add the 70MM throttle body and add MAC ceramic long tubes and their Prochamber now
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2014, 08:20 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
Do you have to port and polish your intake plenum for the extra 5mm.?

new engine,1.7 rocker arms,Pipes exhaust, shorty cats , shorty headers,under drive and overdrive pulleys,4.2 upper plenum, throttle body spacer, cold air intake, stage one clutch, shorty shifter, and tune. 8.8 in storage
samuelsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 12:02 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

You can't polish the intake, you can only port it because it's plastic. But I'm looking to get either SR performance to custom fab me a adapter plate or get a local shop to do it.
Old 03-18-2014, 11:22 PM   #6

Gentlemen,

Got a question for y'all. I'm looking at getting a new coil pack as I just replaced my spark plugs and was wondering if it is worth it? I've read that there are performance increases in a new coil pack. Also, any specific brand or does it matter? The screamin demon from American Muscle is like $90 but I've found others for about $35.
acjohnson83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 12:31 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by acjohnson83 View Post
Gentlemen,

Got a question for y'all. I'm looking at getting a new coil pack as I just replaced my spark plugs and was wondering if it is worth it? I've read that there are performance increases in a new coil pack. Also, any specific brand or does it matter? The screamin demon from American Muscle is like $90 but I've found others for about $35.

I have the screamin demon coil pack with the Taylor street 8mm wires and NGK iridium spark plugs. They go well together. You will notice an increase in throttle response and a small bump in mpg. My mpg sucks cuz I paired it with a 91 octane tune a few days after hahha so I've been drivin a lil bit faster. But the increase in throttle response is fairly small, the tune is what really did it
Bschmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 08:25 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

I too have Taylor 8mm wires and NGK iridium plugs but I have the Accel coil pack...like he said throttle response slightly better, slightly better mpg, and also for me personally it just smoothed out the entire power band, and also really smooths out the engines idle
Old 03-19-2014, 01:30 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08Mustang View Post
You can't polish the intake, you can only port it because it's plastic. But I'm looking to get either SR performance to custom fab me a adapter plate or get a local shop to do it.
Port Windstar Intake TB Inlet, 70 mm TB install - V6Mustang.com
This is how we port our plastic intakes. It might help you or you might not need the help. I found a corked gasket sheet on Ebay.

new engine,1.7 rocker arms,Pipes exhaust, shorty cats , shorty headers,under drive and overdrive pulleys,4.2 upper plenum, throttle body spacer, cold air intake, stage one clutch, shorty shifter, and tune. 8.8 in storage
samuelsmith is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang