Car vibrates when idle - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-07-2014, 01:30 PM   #1
Region: Illinois
Car vibrates when idle

It all started when i was trying to get out of some snow, smoke started flying from under the hood and from the exhaust and the engine light was on. I took it to 3 different mechanics. The first two told me it was a blown head gasket, and they were gonna charge me an arm and a leg to repair it. The 3rd mechanic told me it was the thermostat gasket that needed to be replaced, not a blown head gasket. So i went with the 3rd mechanic and got it done, plus he did a tuneup for me. When i picked my car up all the smoke from under the hood and exhaust was completely gone. One problem i noticed now though is my car will vibrate every couple seconds when I'm parked(idle). My question is what is most likely the problem? I got the thermostat replaced and a tuneup done. Again, it only vibrates every few seconds in idle, when I'm driving there is no type of shaking whatsoever. Thanks.

LanceStone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 04:35 AM   #2
Region: Asia
I were had enginge vibrates when idle/move, after I change my spark plugs & ignation coils/Wires become stable & got better response. Stock parts replaced by Iridium IX,
,Screamin' Demon Coil, LiveWires. hope thats help.

Stang 2006 V6
Auburn Gear 542023 Auburn Gear HP Series Limited Slip Differential,Screamin' Demon Coil LiveWires,Motive 4.10 Gears, JLT Next Generation CAI and SF3 Tuner, more to come
KKatto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 06:19 AM   #3
Registered Member
Region: Georgia
My car does the exact same thing. Considerably more noticeable in extreme cold. I've changed my coil pack to the Accel one, I've got Taylor street thunder 8mm wires, and iridium plugs so tht doesn't fix the problem. I did notice that my airaid airbox was vibrating against the fender quite a bit and I fixed that and it really toned down the amount of vibration I would feel at idle
08Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang