Anyone straight piped their 4.0? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-26-2014, 11:28 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Anyone straight piped their 4.0?

I want to dual straight pipe my 2010 4.0 but I'm looking for a good yet not pricey set up. I've heard some beyond horrible sounding straight piped 4.0's, but I've also heard some that are eargasmic.
I don't want my car to sound like one of those rusty Harley choppas, I like it to have a tone, yet loud enough for people to hate me.
Any suggestions are highly appreciated thanks fellas.
MustangUser is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2014, 10:37 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
I'm running a muffler delete right now with the stock 4.0 single exhaust and it is amazing! I love it and people tell me all the time how much they like how it sounds and people ALWAYS ask me my exhaust setup. The only problem is that it doesnt look great and is a bit ricey. i bought the car like that about 10 months ago and have not gained up enough money to change it. At the beginning of summer i plan on keeping my stock setup on but just carrying the pipes to the back and weld them to look normal. And if it sounds bad i can always just cut it off.
Current Vehicle: 2012 Black Mustang 3.7 with a k&n 69 typhoon sieries CAI Ford racing Strut tower brace Forgestar f14s on the way 😈 | Past vehicles Ford ranger | 2001 Jeep Wranger | 2007 White v6 mustang |

Lmo36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 10:45 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lmo36 View Post
I'm running a muffler delete right now with the stock 4.0 single exhaust and it is amazing! I love it and people tell me all the time how much they like how it sounds and people ALWAYS ask me my exhaust setup. The only problem is that it doesnt look great and is a bit ricey. i bought the car like that about 10 months ago and have not gained up enough money to change it. At the beginning of summer i plan on keeping my stock setup on but just carrying the pipes to the back and weld them to look normal. And if it sounds bad i can always just cut it off.

It should sound better with pipes i believe. You should just run dual pipes, I don't think it would have a huge difference in cost. And it would definitely look and sound better.
MustangUser is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang