0-60 4.0L 5speed - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-09-2014, 02:51 AM   #1

Region: California
Post 0-60 4.0L 5speed

Hey guys new to the forum here. So ill tell you a bit of myself before i get into it. I just recently bought a 2006 v6 mustang manual transmission ofcourse about a week ago and first of all let me say i love the car. So much fun and although its not fast its alot faster then what im coming from. I recently sold my old car (1995 Volkswagen cabrio 5speed). Ive been driving stick for about 3 years now. I wouldnt say im a proffessional driver but i can drive better than maybe the average stick driver.

Now for the point of this thread. The car is a 2006 V6 4.0l mustang manual transmission 5 speed. Cars stock at the moment. Ive only had it for a week. I dont even think the previous owner changed the spark plugs lol. Car has 110k miles on it and only thing ive done so far is removed the stock muffler for some noise. (Love sound) lol im currently saving to convert to a true dual exhaust system. Anyways cars stock like i said and i took a buddy of mine and we went to go see my 0-60 time on a straight road. So as far as i know 0-60 stock is 7.2 seconds i believe. I was surprised when i got 0-60 at 7.4 seconds? Like i said im not pro at stick but i like to believe im a bit better then just average. Anyways we went for a second run and i got 7.3. We were using a stopwatch. Now
What really threw me off was the fact that i hit 7.3 with another guy in the car? Im a big guy myself im about 5'11 weighing 230lbs or so and my buddies 6ft at about 175lbs Now my question is do you think that my time would have been faster if i was driving solo? Even tho i got 7.3 when stock is 7.2 and ontop of that since i removed my stock
Muffler i feel as if ive lost a bit of torque. I have a feeling that if i was solo i might hit 0-60 in 6.9 idk. My question is does the extra person weighin 175-180lbs really slow down my time?
Sorry for the big write up!!!
Krissypoo_lol is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-09-2014, 09:44 AM   #2
Site Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krissypoo_lol View Post
Hey guys new to the forum here. So ill tell you a bit of myself before i get into it. I just recently bought a 2006 v6 mustang manual transmission ofcourse about a week ago and first of all let me say i love the car. So much fun and although its not fast its alot faster then what im coming from. I recently sold my old car (1995 Volkswagen cabrio 5speed). Ive been driving stick for about 3 years now. I wouldnt say im a proffessional driver but i can drive better than maybe the average stick driver.

Now for the point of this thread. The car is a 2006 V6 4.0l mustang manual transmission 5 speed. Cars stock at the moment. Ive only had it for a week. I dont even think the previous owner changed the spark plugs lol. Car has 110k miles on it and only thing ive done so far is removed the stock muffler for some noise. (Love sound) lol im currently saving to convert to a true dual exhaust system. Anyways cars stock like i said and i took a buddy of mine and we went to go see my 0-60 time on a straight road. So as far as i know 0-60 stock is 7.2 seconds i believe. I was surprised when i got 0-60 at 7.4 seconds? Like i said im not pro at stick but i like to believe im a bit better then just average. Anyways we went for a second run and i got 7.3. We were using a stopwatch. Now
What really threw me off was the fact that i hit 7.3 with another guy in the car? Im a big guy myself im about 5'11 weighing 230lbs or so and my buddies 6ft at about 175lbs Now my question is do you think that my time would have been faster if i was driving solo? Even tho i got 7.3 when stock is 7.2 and ontop of that since i removed my stock
Muffler i feel as if ive lost a bit of torque. I have a feeling that if i was solo i might hit 0-60 in 6.9 idk. My question is does the extra person weighin 175-180lbs really slow down my time?
Sorry for the big write up!!!
Krissypoo_lol

Welcome to the family! I came out of an older VW so you're in good hands! I'll cut right to the chase on this and saving weight on these cars is key! Given that it's going to be a primary mode of transportation I wouldn't say you would need to get a Rear Seat Delete kit, although they're pretty cool! Having a True Dual Exhaust system installed would help your V6 breathe that much better but I would recommend getting used to the car first before you really pick up the modding bug.

Something else to look into if you're really aiming to get the 0-60 times down would be a more aggressive Gear or Ring & Pinion set up. Something like a set of Ford Racing 4.10's would really get the vehicle off the line faster and into the sweet spot of the RPM band so you have a lot more useable power. Gears can be a lot to undertake and I recommend having a shop have them installed but something like a SR Performance CAI and Intune Tuner would help wake your V6 up as well as cutting down the 0-60 times.

Lastly get a new set of Spark Plugs! For something that's so inexpensive a lot of people tend to overlook having them replaced. They're really important to have swapped out as they could be hurting your V6's fuel consumption as well as performance. I've used Ford Motorcraft Spark Plugs on my Mustangs and they're just as good if not better than a universal brand you could get locally.

Let me know if you have any questions and I'm here to help!

-Alex
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 11:05 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
NOS. Nuf said.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app
H1tmanevets is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang