Got rid of the stang - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-20-2014, 08:36 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via MSN to dudeitsdylan
Got rid of the stang

Hey guys,
Figured I'd post on here. I got rid of my mustang a few weeks ago. I didn't really wanna get rid of it, but it's for the best. I was 16 when I got my mustang so it was in my parents name. I wanted to get a car in my name and figured it would be best to get the first time buyer stuff out of the way now even if it's not a car I specifically want. I ended up getting a 2014 Mazda3. It's not a bad little car, more luxury than the stang obviously, but much slower. Bright side is I get about 40mpg! Full tank lasts me 350 or so miles and it only takes $35 to completely full up. I'm hoping to pay this car off quick so I can get into something more enjoyable. Even so, I'm still really grateful to be able to have a brand new car at 18 in my name. Trying to decide if I should stay on here or not. I'll probably get jealous seeing all the nice stangs on here, hahahaha. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1403314589.706587.jpg
Views:	300
Size:	1.10 MB
ID:	159693
dudeitsdylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-21-2014, 12:49 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by dudeitsdylan View Post
Hey guys,
Figured I'd post on here. I got rid of my mustang a few weeks ago. I didn't really wanna get rid of it, but it's for the best. I was 16 when I got my mustang so it was in my parents name. I wanted to get a car in my name and figured it would be best to get the first time buyer stuff out of the way now even if it's not a car I specifically want. I ended up getting a 2014 Mazda3. It's not a bad little car, more luxury than the stang obviously, but much slower. Bright side is I get about 40mpg! Full tank lasts me 350 or so miles and it only takes $35 to completely full up. I'm hoping to pay this car off quick so I can get into something more enjoyable. Even so, I'm still really grateful to be able to have a brand new car at 18 in my name. Trying to decide if I should stay on here or not. I'll probably get jealous seeing all the nice stangs on here, hahahaha. Attachment 159693
Should have got a 3.7 lol
Old 07-02-2014, 08:13 PM   #3

Region: Canada
Send a message via Skype™ to Gravydog316
I think I would have just waited & gotten a 4-cylinder 2015 'Stang, so you would have both looks, fuel economy & power!

...maybe I will do that!
Advertisement

Old 07-03-2014, 10:09 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Damn dude !!! You could've had a bidding war for that baby on here ... God I love that flat black finish!!!!

But I have so much respect for a young man growing to become a man and calling his own shots...

Good luck with everything I have a strong feeling you will be back bro

Big Jon -
Black 2008 GT "to punish and enslave" edition
Black8thElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 03:17 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I'm jealous of people that have a prius. I roar by and I can feel them laughing at me as they say "ha that guy burns half his tank going up a driveway."

Sent from my VS980 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app
H1tmanevets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 08:37 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black8thElement View Post
Damn dude !!! You could've had a bidding war for that baby on here ... God I love that flat black finish!!!!

But I have so much respect for a young man growing to become a man and calling his own shots...

Good luck with everything I have a strong feeling you will be back bro

Big Jon -
Black 2008 GT "to punish and enslave" edition

Thanks man, I really appreciate that. Oh, and I'll definitely be back. Most likely with a 2016 mustang gt.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Old 07-04-2014, 08:40 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by H1tmanevets View Post
I'm jealous of people that have a prius. I roar by and I can feel them laughing at me as they say "ha that guy burns half his tank going up a driveway."

Hahaha, I don't think think I could ever own a Prius though. This car is probably gonna be the closest I'm ever gonna get. The mpg is definitely something I can get used to in this thing. 35-40mpg easily all day and that's with having a heavy foot!

Old 07-04-2014, 08:49 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Dude. Why in the world didn't you just get a 3.7?

Sent from my XT1049 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 10:58 PM   #9
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

You are young and have plenty of time to build your credit and get what you want later in life. You are doing the right thing in my opinion. My next step is a 2013 GT500 or a Boss. I have been trading up for about 10 years now. I put down a large down payment,make extra payments and keep the miles low. My 2011 has 10K miles and I bought it brand new in 2010. It should get me a decent trade in on a 2013 GT500 in a couple years with a low payment.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 11:12 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM View Post
You are young and have plenty of time to build your credit and get what you want later in life. You are doing the right thing in my opinion. My next step is a 2013 GT500 or a Boss. I have been trading up for about 10 years now. I put down a large down payment,make extra payments and keep the miles low. My 2011 has 10K miles and I bought it brand new in 2010. It should get me a decent trade in on a 2013 GT500 in a couple years with a low payment.
Agree here, kind of. My dear friends family "trades up" each year or so, and they roll and roll debt into slightly newer vehicles. Which has led my friend into being 4k under value on the car they have.

Upgrading every so often wastes money on depreciation and taxes, titles, financing costs, so on. One would (usually) be better off driving what they have until death, or they can afford what they want. Not saying he had a bad trade here, but for the cost of the 3, I'd have done what I did- get a 6.

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
Old 07-04-2014, 11:19 PM   #11
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc View Post
Agree here, kind of. My dear friends family "trades up" each year or so, and they roll and roll debt into slightly newer vehicles. Which has led my friend into being 4k under value on the car they have.

Upgrading every so often wastes money on depreciation and taxes, titles, financing costs, so on. One would (usually) be better off driving what they have until death, or they can afford what they want. Not saying he had a bad trade here, but for the cost of the 3, I'd have done what I did- get a 6.

That's the thing,I never roll debt. Pay it off and trade up. It takes time but good things come to those that wait.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 08:04 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc View Post
Dude. Why in the world didn't you just get a 3.7?

Honestly, I just didn't want a 3.7. I don't think I could get another v6 mustang. All the time I drove mine I just wished it was a v8 and regretted it. So I will just wait until I can get a gt and not regret it at all. Nothing against sixxers obviously, but I just regretted it more than I loved it. Although, it was a nice car while I had it besides the cheap interior, lol. There's nothing wrong with the 3 for now though. Little peppy when I need it to be, gets good mpg, sporty handling and luxury features. There's a lot of different cars I could of got, but this was just a deal I couldn't of passed up.

Old 07-05-2014, 08:22 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

If you're happy, THAT'S what matters. But 20k for 305 HP and great mileage if you want it (and obviously standard drive, rear wheel drive)- just such a sweet deal.

Old 07-09-2014, 08:02 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

So you traded fuel economy for your manhood 🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈
jakelakins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 12:51 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakelakins View Post

Fuel economy has nothing to do with why I made the decision, it was just a nice bonus.

Old 07-10-2014, 07:06 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Okay
jakelakins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 05:16 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakelakins View Post

H1tmanevets is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang