any one have a cammed 4.0 ? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-26-2014, 06:34 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
any one have a cammed 4.0 ?

Has any one cammed their 4.0 just want to know the gains and sound. If you have a youtube video let me know.
TTmustang10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2014, 07:11 AM   #2
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
I'm curious as well but my theory is I could upgrade to the GT for that price.
Old 06-26-2014, 07:30 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Nobody has it, one guy had a fully built 4.0 a while back on here but haven't seen him post on anything in probably a year
08Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2014, 02:41 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08Mustang View Post
Nobody has it, one guy had a fully built 4.0 a while back on here but haven't seen him post on anything in probably a year

ohhhh yeah you can get a gt for what all ive done to my v6, well im getting internals and cammed soo i was just wondering to what ill be getting out of it.
Old 10-29-2014, 09:19 PM   #5

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTmustang10 View Post
ohhhh yeah you can get a gt for what all ive done to my v6, well im getting internals and cammed soo i was just wondering to what ill be getting out of it.

Hey...I was just wondering if you ever got the cams and what type and numbers they added? I was going to get some but I can't do the install myself and the local shop that did the supercharger for my car told me they wouldn't want to put cams on it - that the price wouldn't be worth it.
frisbeedude87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 09:51 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by frisbeedude87 View Post
Hey...I was just wondering if you ever got the cams and what type and numbers they added? I was going to get some but I can't do the install myself and the local shop that did the supercharger for my car told me they wouldn't want to put cams on it - that the price wouldn't be worth it.

Im supposed to be getting 20hp because they are a special grind for turbo, My buddy who has a super charged GT got cams and got i think 20-30Hp on his cams specific for a supercharger. But keep in mind he has a GT.

I'm still waiting for the shop to finish my work, the one guy that would only work on my car had a surgery and recovery was set back 2 months.

But when i get my car back i will for sure make a video and let you know the HP increase. It will be hard to tell specific numbers because they are boring out the block, cams grind for turbo, and poring the heads. with internals to handle it all.

I already have a Shelby fully built 8.8 lok and LSD with 3.73, one piece DS, 3500 stall converter and upgraded tranny as for specifics on tranny i have no clue what was done.

Whats your super charger putting down? still have the oem 3.31 7.5 rear diff? Peg legged when you floor it.
Old 10-30-2014, 09:34 PM   #7

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTmustang10 View Post
Im supposed to be getting 20hp because they are a special grind for turbo, My buddy who has a super charged GT got cams and got i think 20-30Hp on his cams specific for a supercharger. But keep in mind he has a GT.

I'm still waiting for the shop to finish my work, the one guy that would only work on my car had a surgery and recovery was set back 2 months.

But when i get my car back i will for sure make a video and let you know the HP increase. It will be hard to tell specific numbers because they are boring out the block, cams grind for turbo, and poring the heads. with internals to handle it all.

I already have a Shelby fully built 8.8 lok and LSD with 3.73, one piece DS, 3500 stall converter and upgraded tranny as for specifics on tranny i have no clue what was done.

Whats your super charger putting down? still have the oem 3.31 7.5 rear diff? Peg legged when you floor it.
Well before I got the supercharger I had done a dual exhast and 3.73 gears. Didn't do a tlok at the time and to date I still have the 7.5...I'm grateful it hasn't broken lol.

The supercharger took me to 280rwhp. I drive an auto..I've done a few other mods since then and I'm at about 290rwhp right now. Based on the recommend of my mechanic I think I'm going to go Kooks LT's and a larger TB and then tell myself that'll be the end of it. Which should finally put me over 300. My goal was 350rwhp but with an auto it doesn't look like it'd be possible without boosting the crap out of the enginer or going forged. And I've ran outta cash lol.

I love the sound of cams even on the V6's...I bet yours will sound awesome.
frisbeedude87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 10:03 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by frisbeedude87 View Post
Well before I got the supercharger I had done a dual exhast and 3.73 gears. Didn't do a tlok at the time and to date I still have the 7.5...I'm grateful it hasn't broken lol.

The supercharger took me to 280rwhp. I drive an auto..I've done a few other mods since then and I'm at about 290rwhp right now. Based on the recommend of my mechanic I think I'm going to go Kooks LT's and a larger TB and then tell myself that'll be the end of it. Which should finally put me over 300. My goal was 350rwhp but with an auto it doesn't look like it'd be possible without boosting the crap out of the enginer or going forged. And I've ran outta cash lol.

I love the sound of cams even on the V6's...I bet yours will sound awesome.
oh our 6 can hit 350

My transmission stock i made it work to 383rwhp but the converter broke and bent the crap out of the input shaft teeth and convter to where it wouldnt engage any gear you could push it in 1st gear and R didnt even work. Mines auto aswell, just a heads up our tranny isnt made for the 350, same with the drive shaft youll turn it into a grenade.

i was lucky AM had a sale and i got my DS for under 600

wish i could get LT's my headers are forward facing to spool the turbos, instant spool. Pacesetters are just as good only thing is the paint will come off.

another buddy of mine has a 2006? i think... 4.0 legend lime with pacesetter LT and SLP axel back sounds good.

My shop said with my power id keep breaking the 7.5 so had to get the 8.8 and the whine of it sounds like sex hahah

What exhaust you running? you have a youtube ill add ya i have only one video of my dyno before i cracked my block.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang