Get I want to do this to my car but don't know where to get it HELP - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-09-2014, 08:17 PM   #1

Region: New York
Get I want to do this to my car but don't know where to get it HELP

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1404954937.087371.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	259.8 KB
ID:	161052 where can I but those led blue lights from cheap please . And is that the only thing I need to make my speed things blue? Post the link to the led blue lights if you guys know thanks a lot

Mustang Evolution
MustangPooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-09-2014, 08:17 PM   #2

Buy*

Mustang Evolution
Old 07-10-2014, 05:38 AM   #3
Abominable Mustang

Regular
Staff

Region: Alaska
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangPooh View Post
Attachment 161052 where can I but those led blue lights from cheap please . And is that the only thing I need to make my speed things blue? Post the link to the led blue lights if you guys know thanks a lot

Mustang Evolution
I hope you have a good bit of electrical experience because you'll need to solder the leds directly to the gauge cluster circuit board where the factory lights currently are. What your picture shows is a car that has the MyColor (or whatever it was called on the 05-09s) option which let's you change the color of you gauges with the press of a few buttons. I would look into whether or not a gauge cluster with the MyColor is a direct plug and play. If so, you might be able to find one cheap and not have to deal with disassembling your current cluster and possible damaging something.

By the way, the "speed things" are called the speedometer and tachometer.
LCA Relocation brackets, AE driveshaft, GT 80mm TB,
Black 18x9/10 2010 GT500 Wheels w/ Nitto NT555s,
Eibach Sportline Springs/shocks & Koni STR.T Struts
WhoDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2014, 06:03 AM   #4
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
I'd agree with WhoDat....soldering anything onto a circuit board requires a bit of electrical savy; not hard to do, but would require a solder tool (easily bought from Radio Shack), some solder, and a sucking tool to remove the solder when removing the existing led's that are on your current guage cluster.

Acluster that is equipped with the "MyColor" option may be swapable into your Mustang. I know this was an option on the 2011 to 2014 Mustangs, so perhaps Ford offered it on the 2005 to 2010's as well. If it was, then removing your cluster, and replacing with one that has this feature might work. However, on the 2011 to 2014's, the buttons to program the color are on the dash, so this may also be an issue (do you have these?). Another issue is that the mileage from a donor cluster will not match your true mileage, and I do not think most states allow you simply swap a cluster without legally having the mileage flashed to match yours. Then again, most do not care to be complient with such things.

So, maybe just de-soldering and soldering in new leds would be the easiest...
Old 07-10-2014, 07:25 AM   #5

Thanks ya and lol @whodat I'm just going to leave it like that I have a V6 Mustang 2007 so I don't think it has the Mu color thing because the 3 buttons that the 08 mustang has is a hard piece with no buttons

Mustang Evolution

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang