Problems starting - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-01-2014, 04:28 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Question

Hey my mustang v6 06 been acting weird when it comes to starting up. I turn the key to start the car and the car starts but dies down after a few seconds. If i try to start it up a 2nd time it always works. But the first time may or may not work. I wanted to know if anyone has had the same problem and knows how i can fix this? And if it will get worse over time. Thank you.

This is 50/50 for the first try. When i try it again it always starts. I don't know what it is. But it cant be anything with battery or alternator because i just bought both new. And idea's?
strips is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2014, 06:36 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by strips View Post
Hello, i have a v6 2006 mustang so i've been dealing with a problem that is getting worse. So when i turn my car on it shakes and then dies. Like the car starts up but then shuts off. This is 50/50 for the first try. When i try it again it always starts. I don't know what it is. But it cant be anything with battery or alternator because i just bought both new. And idea's?
What constutues the "first try"? For example first thing in the morning or after a few hours of not running?
On first try, turn key to on but don't crank it. turn key off and then turn key on and try starting it. If it starts this way it may be fuel related.
What happened?

Another potential cause I saw somwhere was key fob. If you have two key fobs try using the other one and see what happens.
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 10:48 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

The first try is anytime i turn the key to start the car. If i let it set for a bit then it doesnt always start the first try. I'll try the turn but dont turn the car on first and if anything ill give the fob a try because this problems kinda annoying. I'll let you know what happens tomorrow. Thanks for the info by the way!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2014, 11:09 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Might need a new set of spark plugs, how often has the problem been occurring? Have the plugs been replaced before or they still stock?

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
NickC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 11:43 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

I actually just order new spark plugs. They will get here in like a day or two. But the car starts. So i'm not sure if it's the spark plugs at all.
Old 10-01-2014, 11:46 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

My gut would tell me it's the spark plugs, if it's literally a new problem that you've had within the past week then I would say bad gas, if you have been working with a new tune then I would say your air flow ratio is off. But I'd say the spark plugs will do the trick

Old 10-01-2014, 11:53 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

This has been happening for awhile it's just got worse. The car use to shake when i turned it on but it wouldn't die seconds after it starts. That's just started happening. When i put in the spark plugs i'll let you know what happen. Thanks for the help man.
Old 10-01-2014, 11:56 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

If it's not the spark plugs then I would definitely recommend some new plug wires if it still shakes on start ups, good luck!

Old 10-01-2014, 11:59 PM   #9

Thanks

Williamsvit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 12:00 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Lmao i just bought spark plug wires too. Their sitting on my coach now. I'm waiting for the spark plugs to come in before i change the wires to save some time.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang