2010 premium v6 price - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-06-2014, 07:28 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
2010 premium v6 price

I just found a local deal for a wrecked premium package v6 mustang for $6,000 it looks like it needs a new hood,front bumper,lights,and right fender. If i fixed it up how much would it be worth?
superdrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2014, 08:46 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Maybe double at most depending on mileage and motor condition from wreck

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
thevanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 10:58 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by thevanman View Post
Maybe double at most depending on mileage and motor condition from wreck

It appears to be that its only cosmetics
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2014, 11:03 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Well considering it was obviously hit in the front, the engine may be rough. I would stay out.

thevanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 08:48 PM   #5
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
I'd definitely get a body shop or even theirs to give you a price on fixing it. The issue is it may appear cosmetic but there may be things you can't see. If you're going to spend 9k 6+3 to fix it you can probably find a NE GT for that. Definitely some 05-09 V6's
Old 10-09-2014, 05:43 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford View Post
I'd definitely get a body shop or even theirs to give you a price on fixing it. The issue is it may appear cosmetic but there may be things you can't see. If you're going to spend 9k 6+3 to fix it you can probably find a NE GT for that. Definitely some 05-09 V6's

It seems like an easy flip, fix the front and get a couple thousand in profit. I cant do that with a 05-09
Old 10-09-2014, 07:49 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

I don't know man, sounds risky plus its still the old 4.0 motor and coinciding transmission. For 6k I would stay out of it because unless you get it on a lift and take all the damaged parts off to verify there's no frame damage it's just not worth it man. I mean it's your choice I'm just throwing out my .02, more information on the accident might help too.
satin06silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 11:44 PM   #8
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by satin06silver View Post
I don't know man, sounds risky plus its still the old 4.0 motor and coinciding transmission. For 6k I would stay out of it because unless you get it on a lift and take all the damaged parts off to verify there's no frame damage it's just not worth it man. I mean it's your choice I'm just throwing out my .02, more information on the accident might help too.

Yeah definitely get the shop to look at it. It's worth getting an estimate on. Their body shop will look at it for you and their service department will probably do an inspection for $100-175. It's adding to the cost, but then you'll know. Plain and simple I wouldn't buy it without having an inspection done.

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
Old 10-16-2014, 04:26 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I work at carmax. The number one thing that destroys a cars value is if it has Frame damage. From what you say the most like has frame damage. It wouldn't be worth 6k Talk him down to 4k and then you have some room to get a good profit. If they still have the hood you could take it to a body shop and they MIGHT be able to bend it back. When i meesed up my hood i took it to a guy i knew he was able to bend it perfectly back to normal. This cost 400 or 600. Because he also had to paint it. All in all i am thinking it will cost maybe 2000 or low 3000. If the engine is all good and their aren't any problems with it running or turning the car on. then it be atmost 2500. So if you buy it for 4000 and repairs cost 2500 your looking at 6500. With that said you could actually sell it for 10,000 bepending on how nice and how much the person wants the car. Hoped i helped a bit.
strips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 05:12 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by strips View Post
I work at carmax. The number one thing that destroys a cars value is if it has Frame damage. From what you say the most like has frame damage. It wouldn't be worth 6k Talk him down to 4k and then you have some room to get a good profit. If they still have the hood you could take it to a body shop and they MIGHT be able to bend it back. When i meesed up my hood i took it to a guy i knew he was able to bend it perfectly back to normal. This cost 400 or 600. Because he also had to paint it. All in all i am thinking it will cost maybe 2000 or low 3000. If the engine is all good and their aren't any problems with it running or turning the car on. then it be atmost 2500. So if you buy it for 4000 and repairs cost 2500 your looking at 6500. With that said you could actually sell it for 10,000 bepending on how nice and how much the person wants the car. Hoped i helped a bit.

Yeah if i buy this car i would be upgrading it, not putting the oem parts back on it.
Old 10-16-2014, 06:23 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

If you plan to sell it to a car lot its best to go back to the stock parts. If you mod it out it will lower the market for the car. Not alot of kids can afford a mustangs insurance or gas. It's best to stay stocked so you can appeal to everyone. Kid want's to mod it out let them buy it and mod it. Saves you money as well. Now if you have alot of friends or know alot of people who have the money for a tricked out mustang go for it but i'm just saying.
Old 10-16-2014, 06:27 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
If you plan to sell it to a car lot its best to go back to the stock parts. If you mod it out it will lower the market for the car.
The market is already low for 2010s. No one wants the atrocious 4L.

The dealers around me cut people insane deals to get 2010s off the lot, even the GTs.
2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
JoeyM91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 06:43 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Because of the hp change in the 2011 and up mustangs right? Same case at my job. We had a 2007 v6 mustang. It's been their for awhile. I think 4 months now going to 5. But the market may be low already but moding it out will only appeal to the young kid or the thrill seekers but a thrill seeker will mostly get a different car instead of a v6 2010 mustang. If he keep's it stocked he can at least stay with the market that is their for a v6 2010 mustang. And not the smaller market for a modded v6 2010 mustang.
Old 10-16-2014, 06:45 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Because of the hp change in the 2011 and up mustangs right? Same case at my job. We had a 2007 v6 mustang. It's been their for awhile. I think 4 months now going to 5. But the market may be low already but moding it out will only appeal to the young kid or the thrill seekers but a thrill seeker will mostly get a different car instead of a v6 2010 mustang. If he keep's it stocked he can at least stay with the market that is their for a v6 2010 mustang. And not the smaller market for a modded v6 2010 mustang.
Yep, pretty much. Not to mention gas mileage. A modded 2010 would only appeal to very small number of people modding the 4L, a stock one I agree would cast a bigger net. That would be the person that gets one for the look of the new gen with a nice cheap pricetag and aren't concerned with performance.
2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
Old 10-16-2014, 06:48 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Exactly. I agree. Stick to stock man!
Old 10-16-2014, 07:34 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
If you plan to sell it to a car lot its best to go back to the stock parts. If you mod it out it will lower the market for the car. Not alot of kids can afford a mustangs insurance or gas. It's best to stay stocked so you can appeal to everyone. Kid want's to mod it out let them buy it and mod it. Saves you money as well. Now if you have alot of friends or know alot of people who have the money for a tricked out mustang go for it but i'm just saying.

Im talking about getting a gt front bumper, tinted lights,hood, and converting the car to duals with some really restrictive flowmasters.
Old 10-16-2014, 08:52 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Alright i got a good picture. So going with the sporty look. I'm not sure how that will affect the car selling wise. Because your not modding it performance wise but after market stuff i still think affects the amount of people that would want the car. Lol but it's your car. Do whatever you want with it. XD
Old 10-16-2014, 08:53 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

I would just be careful. A buddy of mine flips cars and he had a grabber blue 2010 v6 that took him 4 months to finally get rid of. It was wrecked too, not as much, just scratches and dented panels. He kept it 100% bone stock. Didn't make much off of it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 10-16-2014, 09:13 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
For flipping, definitely talk the price down. In it's current condition and general value of the 10' V6's in mind, I'd called it a donor car... 2010 V6's are probably the least sought after Mustang model in all of the 05-14's V6's/GT's.

Also, general rule of thumb - aftermarket parts = no additional value or even devalue the car. "I don't like those custom lights, take $500 off the price..." etc. Unless you meet someone with very similar tastes in mods as you, but if they're smart, they'll still use the 'talking down' method to get a better deal.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang