Please help me restore my fog light!!! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-15-2014, 06:58 AM   #1

Region: Asia
Angry Please help me restore my fog light!!!

My left fog light was foggy, so i wanted to try the sandpaper method. But I guess I screwed it totally. Please someone help, how I can restore them back?

IAYDIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2014, 08:14 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
What grit sandpaper did you use?? To fix it you have to move up in progressive grits until it becomes clear again. I have a Micro Mark finishing kit that I bought for model cars and guitars that works well for clear plastic. The kit ranges from 2000 grit to 12000 grit and is followed by fine polishing compounds.
Old 11-15-2014, 11:17 AM   #3

I have no idea about it's grit value

I have no idea about it's grit value, do you mean that I need to sand it again but with higher grit?

Is there any other method for it?

Thanks for replying btw
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2014, 11:20 AM   #4

I found out that the grit value is written behind the paper, it says 220
Old 11-15-2014, 02:22 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
It seems like you used too rough of a sandpaper and it actually scuffed the lens. I would try getting a kit made for plastic lenses and try fixing it.

When I polished my headlights I used a 1500 grit and then a polishing compound to get it to shine again. When dealing with lenses you really want to use a sandpaper so fine it hardly feels corse so it's more of a polish opposed to sanding the plastic away

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
StarzTA17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 03:49 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarzTA17 View Post
It seems like you used too rough of a sandpaper and it actually scuffed the lens. I would try getting a kit made for plastic lenses and try fixing it.

When I polished my headlights I used a 1500 grit and then a polishing compound to get it to shine again. When dealing with lenses you really want to use a sandpaper so fine it hardly feels corse so it's more of a polish opposed to sanding the plastic away

I guess I'll take it to a professional detail shop to fix it for me, I don't want to mess it up more

---------- Post added at 01:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:48 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarzTA17 View Post

I guess I'll take it to a professional detail shop to fix it for me, I don't want to mess it up more
Thanks anyway

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang