-J&M adjustable UCA
-Ford Racing jounce stops
-GT500 strut mounts
-Eibach camber bolts
-Raxiom Gen5 tail lights

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

See less See more
#6 ·
Guess he didn't see the list ^ lol but I'd get some caster camber plates.. The bolts won't completely cut it after awhile. Maybe even lower it more :) what's your wheel setup? GT/CS bumper conversions? New hood?

---------- Post added at 03:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:47 PM ----------

I'd go with the 8.8" swap actually. And some 4.10's then you're golden :thumb:

#8 ·
Yeah Im thinking 8.8" with 3.73s....very tired of dealing with only one wheel haha, and I've got stock GT/CS wheels so it's not like I've got god awful stock v6 16" wheels that need replacing so bad! lol

#11 ·
I won't be getting both at the same, although just for future knowledge what driveshaft would I get? A auto GT one piece or an auto v6 one piece? Because the tranny is the same now I'd also have an 8.8" rear

#13 ·
I've got $600 for parts guys, need some ideas. Current mods:
-Bama 93 race tune
-Airaid cai
-SR 70mm throttle body
-Pypes shorty headers
-O/R x pipe
-Ford Racing Bullitt axle backs
-Accel coil pack
-Taylor 8mm spark plugs wires
-Autolite platinum plugs
-SR springs
-Koni orange shocks and struts
-BMR rear control arms
-Whiteline rear LCA relocation brackets
-J&M adjustable panhard bar
-J&M adjustable UCA
-Ford Racing jounce stops
-GT500 strut mounts
-Eibach camber bolts
-Raxiom Gen5 tail lights

Possibly, I'm also thinking maybe an 8.8" swap
OP-That's a husky list you're working with there! I think for what it's worth I might shoot for the rear as it's going to be considerably stronger than the 7.5" (Within reason!) I'm sure you know better than I do that with the Ford Racing 8" Rear you'll get that much better traction as well as being able to lay rubber a lot more effectively than you would with the 7.5". Aside from that what's your heart set on right now?

#25 ·
That is my thought as well, but I will try once again. You are focused on the wrong thing and not reading.

A GT driveshaft will not fit, and has nothing to do with what ends connect to the transmission and pinion.

It has all to do with the length of the driveshaft and that dimension does not change when you put the 8.8 rear end on your V6 Mustang.

So get a V6 driveshaft because the GT won't fit, it will be too short. Swap the pinion flange on the 8.8 if it is from a 2005 - 10 GT or if you get an 8.8 from any 2011+ Mustang then it is a direct swap because the pinion flange is already set up to mate up to a 2005-10 V6 driveshaft. If you are ordering a driveshaft from a place like Shaftmasters.com then ask them to build it with the correct flange for your rear end.

Quit focusing on how it attaches to the driveline because nothing changes on the length from transmission to pinion flange. The only thing that changes -- maybe -- depending upon the year of the rear end -- is the flange itself.

TLDR: A GT driveshaft will not fit on a V6 car regardless of whether you have a stock 7.5" rear end or the 8.8 replacement rear end because it is the wrong length.

#26 ·
Let me add just one more thing, since you are focusing on how it attaches to the rear end.

If you get a rear end out of a 2012 Mustang and put it on your car (a 2005-10 V6) - it will have the same mounting flange at the pinion end as you have on your stock V6 driveshaft. Therefore the different mount is now not an issue.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.