Help with dual conversion (OTA pipes, etc) - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-21-2015, 06:52 PM   #1
Region: Other
Help with dual conversion (OTA pipes, etc)

Hey everyone. I have been googling info on this on and off for a few months now and have finally realized that I just need to reach out and ask for help. There are so many conversions on YT, I don't understand why I am having such a hard time

So, I've got an 07 v6 with the stock single Y-exhaust, and I'd like to do a true dual conversion. Under no circumstance do I want to use an X pipe, even though that would make acquiring the pieces A LOT easier. I am trying to find a street legal H pipe, and OTA pipes in 2.5" Now, I know I could just buy a catback system that includes the OTA pipes, but none of them come with the mufflers I want, and it still leaves me without the H pipe.

All of the H pipes I find seem to be for off road use (making me remove my cats) and my plan is to install this with my stock cats still on the car, so I only need that "H" piece, not the H pipe with the long arms attached to it. ( JBA 6675SH 2.5" Stainless Steel Exhaust Mid H-Pipe for Mustang GT 05-10: Automotive correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this item considered "off road" and intendeds to remove my cats?)

As for the OTA pipes -- Are those not for sale or something? I have searched and searched and can only locate a PYPES model on late model restoration's website, I am concerned about fitment and quality. Is this a legit concern? Apparently "tousley ford parts" sold them but the site has undergone a name change and they don't even have an "exhaust" section anymore as far as I can see.

I live on a small ****ty island so my resources are limited (especially as far as using craigslist for a used set) and I've called local exhaust shops and their prices to "custom fabricate" these pipes land me into the thousands, it is cheaper to locate the supplies I need online and cough up the shipping (few hundred based on weight) to ship over seas. Just need help locating them

BTW - I also located this set here Flowmaster 815936 U-Fit Dual Exhaust Kit 409S - 2.50 in. - universal 16-piece pipes only: Automotive but my assumption is that its in so many pieces it would end up being more cost effective to pay for a custom set then ask them to weld all of those pieces together. Also it says the H piece is 2.25 instead of 2.5 like the rest of the pipes.. which doesn't sound like a good idea, do you agree?

Skyline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 08:03 PM   #2
Registered Member
Region: North Carolina
Honestly x pipes dont sound bad on the 2010 and under v6's and why dont you want an offroad system?

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

superdrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 09:59 AM   #3
Registered Member
Region: Illinois
Have you gone to any muffler shops in your area? That's where I'd start. Even if you want this to be a DIY project they may have more insight and resources to get you what you want.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Mustang Evolution mobile app
seanz05shaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 03:35 PM   #4
Registered Member
Region: North Carolina
Latemodel resto has the OTA pipes and you can find a stock GT h-pipe for dirt cheap same goes for mufflers

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
“I don’t lose any sleep at night over the potential for failure. I cannot even spell the word.”

Gen. James "Mad Dog" Mattis USMC (Ret.)
satin06silver is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang