Engine modifications? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-05-2015, 12:56 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
superdrift's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Mint hill
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 1,386
Engine modifications?

Looking to make the engine not only look better but it would be nice if some power could be added at the same time. I already know a cold air intake and throttle body are some options but what else is there to make the 4.0's engine bay look better?
superdrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-05-2015, 01:18 PM   #2
Registered Member

Regular
 
natestang07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Soap Lake
Region: Washington
Posts: 5,321
A coyote swap :p

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 02:32 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
TTmustang10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Clovis
Region: Other
Posts: 542
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1423168317.810444.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	174935

Throw some color into your parts
TTmustang10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-05-2015, 02:42 PM   #4
Registered Member

Regular
 
Recon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Hopkinsville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 6,613
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTmustang10 View Post
Attachment 174935

Throw some color into your parts

Gears of war logo? Nice touch...
Love that series...


Do you even Mustang, bro?
__________________
Mustangalley.com
Mustang of the day,
July 12, 2015
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 04:06 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
TTmustang10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Clovis
Region: Other
Posts: 542
Engine modifications?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Recon View Post
Gears of war logo? Nice touch...
Love that series...


Do you even Mustang, bro?

Heck yeah gears of war logo, wanted a good logo for the air breather couldn't think of a better fit, for the engine bay. Surprised some one knows the logo. 👍

Also painted the intake manifold. I'll have pictures when my cars finally back together.

Some 10mm colored wires look good in the engine bay, strut tower brace not only for looks but stability.
TTmustang10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 04:21 PM   #6
Registered Member

Regular
 
Recon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Hopkinsville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 6,613
A friend of mine has a civic si coupe turbo, with halo logos all over it. He's trying to get our local sign and graphics shop to wrap his car in the unsc colors of a warhog. But yes I don't like to use the word fan at all but I'm a enormous gears of war fan...


Do you even Mustang, bro?
__________________
Mustangalley.com
Mustang of the day,
July 12, 2015
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 06:04 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
08Mustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Georgia
Posts: 2,401
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTmustang10 View Post
Attachment 174935

Throw some color into your parts

How much of a pain was it to get the covers off?


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
08Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 06:09 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
superdrift's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Mint hill
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 1,386
Not bad but what can i do with the intake manifold?

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
superdrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 06:17 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
TTmustang10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Clovis
Region: Other
Posts: 542
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08Mustang View Post
How much of a pain was it to get the covers off?


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

I don't have an engine in the shop had them collecting dust I thought since they are off I can paint em.

The intake manifold I painted.
TTmustang10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 08:36 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
Texas22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Dallas
Region: Texas
Posts: 205
Once you get your engine back, I feel like your going to have one of the cleanest/most modified 4.0's. I'm honestly pretty excited for you to see what you get out of it, very cool. When are you getting the motor back?
Texas22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 09:09 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
TTmustang10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Clovis
Region: Other
Posts: 542
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas22 View Post
Once you get your engine back, I feel like your going to have one of the cleanest/most modified 4.0's. I'm honestly pretty excited for you to see what you get out of it, very cool. When are you getting the motor back?

Thanks brotha me too, been way to long with out my stang. Last was at 383 rwhp with the 7.5 but put in a one pice and 8.8 w/ 3.73 and 3500 stall soo hoping to be in higher numbers. Cam grind for turbos, heads ported/ polished with new valves and cam springs. Head stud kit and internals. No mistakes this time. Looking for brembos when I have money. After all this..

Honestly no idea shops waiting for cams and heads. Was last week when I picked up parts to paint. Hoping another 1-2 weeks for parts to come in. Then how ever long to put her all back together. I'll make a new topic showing everything when she's back up and runnin.

Have more goodies for her in the garage waiting to be installed.

Been waiting way to long for her to be done.
TTmustang10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 09:15 PM   #12
Registered Member

Regular
 
Recon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Hopkinsville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 6,613
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTmustang10 View Post
Thanks brotha me too, been way to long with out my stang. Last was at 383 rwhp with the 7.5 but put in a one pice and 8.8 w/ 3.73 and 3500 stall soo hoping to be in higher numbers. Cam grind for turbos, heads ported/ polished with new valves and cam springs. Head stud kit and internals. No mistakes this time. Looking for brembos when I have money. After all this..

Honestly no idea shops waiting for cams and heads. Was last week when I picked up parts to paint. Hoping another 1-2 weeks for parts to come in. Then how ever long to put her all back together. I'll make a new topic showing everything when she's back up and runnin.

Have more goodies for her in the garage waiting to be installed.

Been waiting way to long for her to be done.

Sounds like one mean machine... I know exactly how you feel, been waiting to drive my challenger for over 4 years now....
And if I may be so bold, what other goodies she getting?
I might be getting a 11-12 GT/CS and thinking of a badass N/A car. When Ford finally releases their cobra jet twin turbo kit then that's getting put on it...


Dear IRS, please cancel my subscription...
__________________
Mustangalley.com
Mustang of the day,
July 12, 2015
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 09:35 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
TTmustang10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Clovis
Region: Other
Posts: 542
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Recon View Post
Sounds like one mean machine... I know exactly how you feel, been waiting to drive my challenger for over 4 years now....
And if I may be so bold, what other goodies she getting?
I might be getting a 11-12 GT/CS and thinking of a badass N/A car. When Ford finally releases their cobra jet twin turbo kit then that's getting put on it...


Dear IRS, please cancel my subscription...



I'm so stoked for the TT 3.5 GT can't wait to see what hp they get out of the 5.8 with TT when ever they come out with it.

Just some BMR parts could be K member, pan hard bar.. Have to wait and see 😉
TTmustang10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 09:45 PM   #14
Registered Member

Regular
 
Recon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Hopkinsville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 6,613
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTmustang10 View Post
I'm so stoked for the TT 3.5 GT can't wait to see what hp they get out of the 5.8 with TT when ever they come out with it.

Just some BMR parts could be K member, pan hard bar.. Have to wait and see 😉

Yea, I was against the ford gt having a 6 banger in it. But now not so much I heard it and it sounds close to my dads Porsche. If anything sounds like that car I'm for it no matter what badge is on the hood.
After talking it over with pops we might look into getting one of them...
He's getting close to retiring and might use some of the money to get one or two you never know. I keep trying to tell him if he gets one send that b!tch to Hennessey so he can work his evil witchcraft on the car...
I'm bummed it doesn't have a manual, but hey they finally made something that will f*** up a Ferrari and a lambo, on a track. So I can't complain too much...
If they don't hurry up with that twin turbo kit for the cobra jet, I'll just have to make one for the coyote!


Dear IRS, please cancel my subscription...
__________________
Mustangalley.com
Mustang of the day,
July 12, 2015
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 10:40 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
08Mustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Georgia
Posts: 2,401
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Recon View Post
Yea, I was against the ford gt having a 6 banger in it. But now not so much I heard it and it sounds close to my dads Porsche. If anything sounds like that car I'm for it no matter what badge is on the hood.
After talking it over with pops we might look into getting one of them...
He's getting close to retiring and might use some of the money to get one or two you never know. I keep trying to tell him if he gets one send that b!tch to Hennessey so he can work his evil witchcraft on the car...
I'm bummed it doesn't have a manual, but hey they finally made something that will f*** up a Ferrari and a lambo, on a track. So I can't complain too much...
If they don't hurry up with that twin turbo kit for the cobra jet, I'll just have to make one for the coyote!


Dear IRS, please cancel my subscription...

There are already kits for the coyote


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
08Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 10:48 PM   #16
Registered Member

Regular
 
Recon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Hopkinsville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 6,613
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08Mustang View Post
There are already kits for the coyote


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

A twin turbo kit with the cobra jet intake manifold...
Do enlighten, because I haven't found one yet....


Dear IRS, please cancel my subscription...
__________________
Mustangalley.com
Mustang of the day,
July 12, 2015
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 11:12 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
08Mustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Georgia
Posts: 2,401
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Recon View Post
A twin turbo kit with the cobra jet intake manifold...
Do enlighten, because I haven't found one yet....


Dear IRS, please cancel my subscription...

Oh. Nobody offers one including the manifold but just buy a twin kit and buy a manifold


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
08Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 11:22 PM   #18
Registered Member

Regular
 
Recon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Hopkinsville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 6,613
That's the thing I can't find a twin turbo kit that fits on a cobra jet intake. Now a boss intake that's easy to find, but the cobra jet, all I see is fords concept. I'd rather have the cobra jet intake over the boss, since it makes 25hp more, with no torque loss, over the boss.
And I assisted in a boss mustang build, and used a cobra jet intake. Most boss owners I've met want to keep them N/A, and the cobra jet intake is a must. Fully built we were able to get 550rwhp with E85 no nitrous.
I drove a boss before and after the intake change and the difference is just wow. Car felt even more rev happy, and it woke it up.


Dear IRS, please cancel my subscription...
__________________
Mustangalley.com
Mustang of the day,
July 12, 2015
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 11:54 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
TTmustang10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Clovis
Region: Other
Posts: 542
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Recon View Post
That's the thing I can't find a twin turbo kit that fits on a cobra jet intake. Now a boss intake that's easy to find, but the cobra jet, all I see is fords concept. I'd rather have the cobra jet intake over the boss, since it makes 25hp more, with no torque loss, over the boss.
And I assisted in a boss mustang build, and used a cobra jet intake. Most boss owners I've met want to keep them N/A, and the cobra jet intake is a must. Fully built we were able to get 550rwhp with E85 no nitrous.
I drove a boss before and after the intake change and the difference is just wow. Car felt even more rev happy, and it woke it up.


Dear IRS, please cancel my subscription...

What you can do is find a knowledgeable shop that custom job what you want. No turbo kit is 100% fit all require some modifications. Having one built would cost $$ but what you want specifically.
TTmustang10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 11:59 PM   #20
Registered Member

Regular
 
Recon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Hopkinsville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 6,613
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTmustang10 View Post
What you can do is find a knowledgeable shop that custom job what you want. No turbo kit is 100% fit all require some modifications. Having one built would cost $$ but what you want specifically.

That's why I said I'll make it, my boss is like the turbo guru where I live. We've done it before... His Porsche has a completely made from scratch turbo system on it, over the stock system. We are more than qualified to do it, but a kit would be nice...



Dear IRS, please cancel my subscription...
__________________
Mustangalley.com
Mustang of the day,
July 12, 2015
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 12:33 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
TTmustang10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Clovis
Region: Other
Posts: 542
I've a bad habit of reading partial, nice I'll have to go to you when I want my 67 fast back with TT cobra jet 5.8
TTmustang10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What cars can fit a 5.0L engine without "much" modifications? roselyn 1979-1995 Mustang GT 2 12-11-2011 02:28 PM
3.8L Mustang Modifications VCS_SSSTANG Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 5 01-05-2011 08:10 AM
Future Modifications meteorachick The Bar 7 09-23-2010 08:27 AM
mach 460 modifications charkelly9 Mustang Audio & Video 20 07-21-2005 02:11 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



01:56 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.