Automatic transmission changing to Manual. - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-11-2015, 10:55 AM   #71
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Yeah you can power shift with a stick but isn't every shift on an auto a power shift? Loo
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-11-2015, 10:59 AM   #72
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Yes in a way but power shifting with a stick will keep the revs a high as possible, an auto will bring them down a bit to whatever the factory set it as. What the stick lacks in shifting speed can be made up with throttle response from power shifting

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
kkraut21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 11:14 AM   #73
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkraut21 View Post
That's not entirely correct, stick will still win unless the auto is built or tuned, drag racers use autos but you can power shift with a stick. Still a bit quicker.

A simple j-mod to a 4R transmission and a tune/converter is all you need. Not to be built. The 6R in the 11+ cars just needs a tune really although a converter helps with 60 ft times.

Quote:
Yes in a way but power shifting with a stick will keep the revs a high as possible, an auto will bring them down a bit to whatever the factory set it as. What the stick lacks in shifting speed can be made up with throttle response from power shifting

What in hell are you talking about?

The auto will come down to whatever the next gear ratio is... just like a manual. At WOT the converter is going to be fully locked.

Quick throttle response from power shifting? There is no throttle response from "power shifting" because you never take your foot off the gas. Just like with an auto.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-11-2015, 11:16 AM   #74
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
That's not entirely correct, stick will still win unless the auto is built or tuned, drag racers use autos but you can power shift with a stick. Still a bit quicker.

Not correct...
I went 10.89 on a 100% stock trans in a 4000 pound car.
A built trans and converter and tune are awesome for sure, but to say you can't do it without one is a bit naive. You can still never shift as fast as an auto no matter what.
When you power shift that little bit of time where the clutch is disengaged....the auto is still hooked up to the tires and pulling. The stick is not.

Really, its a widely known fact that EVERYBODY who's ANYBODY in racing knows....why do we keep having people trying to debate this?
All they are doing is telling everybody that they don't know WTF they are talking about.
Do yourself a favor, Spend some time at the track and see what ALL the fast cars are running....I'm not talking 13 sec cars, I mean fast cars 10.0 and below....guys who know what time it is....every one of them will be an auto. EVERY ONE.

Tuned by AED
*694 RWHP/677 RWTQ* 10.22@136mph
Currently Assaulting California's Roadcourses
Fabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 11:26 AM   #75
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabman View Post
Not correct...
I went 10.89 on a 100% stock trans in a 4000 pound car.
A built trans and converter and tune are awesome for sure, but to say you can't do it without one is a bit naive. You can still never shift as fast as an auto no matter what.
When you power shift that little bit of time where the clutch is disengaged....the auto is still hooked up to the tires and pulling. The stick is not.

Really, its a widely known fact that EVERYBODY who's ANYBODY in racing knows....why do we keep having people trying to debate this?
All they are doing is telling everybody that they don't know WTF they are talking about.
Do yourself a favor, Spend some time at the track and see what ALL the fast cars are running....I'm not talking 13 sec cars, I mean fast cars 10.0 and below....guys who know what time it is....every one of them will be an auto. EVERY ONE.

Because 75%+ of the people on any internet car forum have never actually been to a track and have only ever dealt with stock tuned autos.

Like I said, easiest way to spot an internet racer/info recycler is from statements like a few posts above.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 11:31 AM   #76
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Because 75%+ of the people on any internet car forum have never actually been to a track and have only ever dealt with stock tuned autos.

Like I said, easiest way to spot an internet racer/info recycler is from statements like a few posts above.
When you're right, you're right....and you are 100% right about that.

Tuned by AED
*694 RWHP/677 RWTQ* 10.22@136mph
Currently Assaulting California's Roadcourses
Fabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 11:59 AM   #77
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Only time I have been to a drag strip was when they were running funny cars and top fuel dragsters

---------- Post added at 09:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 AM ----------

But everyone around here who seriously drags has an auto
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang