So I've been looking into putting an 8.8 rear axle with 4.10s from a 2001 explorer into my auto 2005 v6 mustang
. the problem I'm having is that everyone I ask about it has given me a different answer some yes some no. So before I go ahead and buy it I wanted to make sure that it would in fact just bolt in like I've been told it will, so here are my questions.
1. will it directly bolt into the car? if not what needs changed?
2. if it does will I need any other parts like a flange? if so what one? link?
3. I'm doing this in order to stay away from getting gears swapped to save money(quoted 1300 for 4.10 gear install) will this be cheaper in the long run or am I better to just get gears installed?
4. What is the cheapest way to fix the speedo afterwords?
5. will the brakes from that axle fit on the mustang if not will the mustang brakes go onto that axle?
6. will the shocks go back in place easily?
7. if this won't work what other axles could I look into getting to achieve the new gear ratio for cheap wit direct bolt in.
Anyone that can help me answer this would be of great help and would be greatly appreciated, and if I'm being completely stupid for considering this let me know thanks!
*heres the link to the axle I'm thinking about getting. https://akroncanton.craigslist.org/pts/4951975720.html