Automic turbo - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-22-2015, 09:34 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Automic turbo

Is it even worth it, or would it be more of a hassle? I dont know if the automatic trans would hold up?

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
stevenadamatis is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2015, 11:12 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Are you asking if it's worth it to run a turbo on a 4.0 with an auto?

08Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 11:20 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Unless you want to be different and have a turbo you would be better off selling your car and buying a GT. then you will have the added power and it will be reliable.

I drive a v6 and love my car but if I ever wanted significantly more power I would sell and buy a gt. when you add forced induction you increase the maintenance on the car as well as the likelihood that something can go wrong. And if the cars a DD it's just not worth it in my opinion. You may do it and have zero issues but just be willing to accept that issues could come up (tuning issues, blown engines, etc.).

StarzTA17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2015, 11:24 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarzTA17 View Post
Unless you want to be different and have a turbo you would be better off selling your car and buying a GT. then you will have the added power and it will be reliable.

I drive a v6 and love my car but if I ever wanted significantly more power I would sell and buy a gt. when you add forced induction you increase the maintenance on the car as well as the likelihood that something can go wrong. And if the cars a DD it's just not worth it in my opinion. You may do it and have zero issues but just be willing to accept that issues could come up (tuning issues, blown engines, etc.).

Got it, thanks, what about a few performance parts off americanmhscle that add HP?

stevenadamatis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 01:56 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Bolt-ons? Go for it I have a couple mods and my ol girl is still reliable

Sent from .....

Gen. James "Mad Dog" Mattis USMC (Ret.)
satin06silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 05:14 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Bolt ons are fine I would just really consider the impact of forced induction. Not only does it cost a lot but it changes the dynamics of the entire car and most people think they just bolt it on and have 400 hp and it doesn't always work like that

StarzTA17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 12:58 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Europe
I went procharger stage 2, 10lbs of boost and its great. Just took a trip to Texas from Indiana and averaged 26mpg and its got 360 hp with the exhaust and other bolt ons. Make sure you change the driveshaft, but its much more reliable than a turbo and its self lubricating. I put it on in my driveway about a year ago and no issues yet. I think i have around 15k miles since the SC. You just have to make sure you change the oil in it and check the intercooler tubing. Ive also launched it at German Race Wars 15 times and not a problem at all. I love the Supercharger and its quicker than a GT and I paid a lot less for my car plus SC than i would have with a GT.
crackhutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 09:40 PM   #8
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Michigan
The 4.0 is very strong and will hold up to the turbo or supercharger with no problem. I had the Xcharger Xtreme on my 2006, running 12 lbs of boost. Installed it with 90,000 miles on the car after 2 years of running a 75 shot of nitrous. When I sold it in June 2012 and ordered the 2013 it had 203,000 miles on it, still running mid 12's. Car is still running strong today. Obviously I used it as a daily driver year round with a 45 mile each way commute, and raced it almost every weekend at the drag strip from May through October.

A friend is running the Powerhouse turbo on his car - something like 20 lbs of boost on the stock motor. Has been in the low 11's and drives it hard at the track.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang