Crossroads :/ - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-21-2015, 09:25 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Minnesota
Crossroads :/

So bad news I discovered why my brakes were squeaking on the passenger rear side after going through and warranting out 3 sets of pads and rotors found out I have a bent axle and wheel has a pretty good wobble so I'm not too sure what to do with the car now idk if I really wanna put a new rear end because if I do that I'd rather put an 8.8 in it or since I work at a dealership my work is willing to give me a pretty good discount on a 2002 trans am for my car but I don't wanna give it up haha I know it's a "v6" and it is pretty "limited" in performance and aftermarket possibilities but they car had a lot of sentimental value it's my first "performance" car if you wanna call it that, that got me into modifying it and take it out to the track and race it so I'm kinda at a crossroad with what to do lol

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Chadtyge is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-21-2015, 09:28 PM   #2
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Kentucky
Get the trans am...

Adventure till you drop.
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 09:37 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I wouldn't trade it... Sounds like you have a strong bond to the current car. Do what needs to be done to get it back on track.

Keep it and fix her up ...

Black 2008 GT "to punish and enslave" edition
Black8thElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-22-2015, 11:04 AM   #4
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
problems you know or problems you don't is something to consider. Take the T/A for a ride then think about it.
Old 06-22-2015, 10:23 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Well looks like the decision was made for me... Lol my work decided to fire me and give me the lame *** excuse " we're sorry we're going in a new direction" after 3 years and fire me so looks like I'm keeping the car and just buying a new rear end for it

Old 06-22-2015, 10:34 PM   #6
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
Well that sucks. But honestly your better off leaving that trans am wherever it was when you found it. 2002? That GM is expired. It would leave you hanging quicker than anything. Hopefully you can find a new job, and a good used rear end 👍🏻

IG @Oxford5pointoh
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 01:16 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Well good news I found a new job already so instead of being a service advisor like before now I'm a technician at another shop so it worked out well for me so within a week or 2 here when I can afford it I'm gonna swap a 8.8 axle into it.

Old 06-30-2015, 12:52 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Lol taking the Pontiac? I mean if you need repairs you can always visit your Pontiac deal, oh wait they don't exist. I would stick with the Mustang, I love them! I have drive different cars in the past, but mustang has been the funniest car I have ever driven! If you enjoy it, keep it! Every car becomes slow or outdated sometime in life. Mustang has a long history and heritage, everyone has heard of mustang and can easily recognize one. It's made a huge impact on the automotive world, so it's respectable not matter what.

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
JokerS197 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 10:30 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah luckily I found out it's just the axle not the housing lol but I didn't realize how ridiculously expensive they are the ford dealership near me wants 500 just for one axle haha I can order moser heavy duty axles and they are 389 for the pair lol so j figured I'll do both and to be safe I'll do the wheel bearings too

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang

« Taillight | Louvers »