Pypes mid-muffler true dual exhaust questions - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-26-2015, 11:09 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Exclamation Pypes mid-muffler true dual exhaust questions

I've done a good amount of research, and most people seem to be very happy with their Pypes exhaust system. But I've visited multiple local muffler shops and more often than not, shop owners with 15+ years of experience in mufflers/exhaust systems say that Pypes is complete garbage. Instead, they always seem to push Flowmaster or Magnaflow.

On the other hand, most of the reviews online agree that Pypes is a great bang for your buck, and actually sound better than the uber popular flowmaster and magnaflow at a fraction of the cost.

Now, my concern is the quality of the product. I've seen plenty videos, and I'm pretty convinced I prefer the Pypes deep throaty sound over the others. But I've also read that Pypes in fabricated in China (quality control can be suspect). So I'm wondering if the quality of the product will match or at least come close to market leaders. I want this exhaust to last a few years at the minimum.

Has anyone installed the installed the Pypes mid-muffler true dual (or any Pypes product actually), and how is it holding up after some use?

Thanks, I appreciate any feedback.
bAsebAll1332 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2015, 04:19 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by bAsebAll1332 View Post
I've done a good amount of research, and most people seem to be very happy with their Pypes exhaust system. But I've visited multiple local muffler shops and more often than not, shop owners with 15+ years of experience in mufflers/exhaust systems say that Pypes is complete garbage. Instead, they always seem to push Flowmaster or Magnaflow.

On the other hand, most of the reviews online agree that Pypes is a great bang for your buck, and actually sound better than the uber popular flowmaster and magnaflow at a fraction of the cost.

Now, my concern is the quality of the product. I've seen plenty videos, and I'm pretty convinced I prefer the Pypes deep throaty sound over the others. But I've also read that Pypes in fabricated in China (quality control can be suspect). So I'm wondering if the quality of the product will match or at least come close to market leaders. I want this exhaust to last a few years at the minimum.

Has anyone installed the installed the Pypes mid-muffler true dual (or any Pypes product actually), and how is it holding up after some use?

Thanks, I appreciate any feedback.

I had the Pypes mid muffler for a while and it held up fine, sound was amazing as well

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
08Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 10:49 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08Mustang View Post
I had the Pypes mid muffler for a while and it held up fine, sound was amazing as well

Thanks man, I think I may end up pulling the trigger and going with the mid muffler design.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-27-2015, 11:09 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Muffler shops are normally complete idiots they dont understand that mustangs need the catback to go over the axle and they think a flowmaster muffler solves everything. Im never getting a custom exhaust done and i will always do exhaust work myself since all the custom muffler shops are idiots.
superdrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 12:26 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

I have pypes true dual exhaust and I think it's nice! You will definitely notice a performance gain! I would agree with the statement about the exhaust shops, they also recommend flowmaster because they get commissions out of it.

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
JokerS197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 02:11 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Shops want u to spend more money that's why
smazen24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 02:55 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Installed the Pypes true dual exhaust this weekend. Love it so far.
Old 07-06-2015, 11:47 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
Most shops will try to sell you flow master series 10

DO NOT DO IT.

Pypes for sure are the way to go
TTmustang10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 10:17 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTmustang10 View Post
Most shops will try to sell you flow master series 10

DO NOT DO IT.

Pypes for sure are the way to go

+1X10^10.....Super 10s sound amazing but if you value your ear drums and driving without a headache every time then stay away haha

08Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 05:35 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I have Pypebomb axleback muffler deletes on my 2014 and just got my Pypes O/R H this week. I love the sound of the axlebacks and I can't wait to get the H-pipe on there. I've had Flows before, just on a different vehicle. They're popular, they make noise and people like it but I agree with everyone else so far. Don't let them coerce you into Flows. Youtube the heck out of some exhaust clips and put something you really enjoy on there. If you want some good sound, go with Pypes or Roush and don't look back. That's just an opinion though.

I missed some of the point of your question though so to answer your question: I had a fitment issue with the axel backs but the shop I used worked with me to get it corrected after a few back and forth trips down the road. The hanger was touching the metal part of the frame causing this viscous freakin rattle. A little bending and finesse was all it needed. Otherwise no issues to speak of. Just don't screw around with clamps. Get your stuff welded on and be done with it.
RobGT14 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang

Tags
exhaust