What's a good asking price - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-24-2015, 08:36 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
TTmustang10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Clovis
Region: Other
Posts: 542
What's a good asking price

I've a question for all you mustang guys. Who would know more about a mustangs price then us. So I've got a 2010 4.0 premium and going to be selling it trying to make up a reasonable price. I know I will be losing money but just want to think what a realistic selling price should be.

Has:
Under drive pulley and gates belt
BMR tubular k-member
BMR tubular radiator support
BMR chasis support
SR strut tower brace
Throttle body spacer
Misimoto auto trans intercooler
Taylor 10mm spark plug wires
Accel coil pack
Ford racing lower control arms
Caliper covers
Slotted and drilled rotors and ceramic break pads
2015 mustang rims with all brand new tires
235/50/50 Pirelli P Nero Zeros
C&L cold air intake
Bama tuned and tuner
Quarter window louvers
Rear window louver
Boss c stripes
Hood stripes
Billet aluminum grille
Halo lights
Hid fog lights
Upgraded speakers kicker all way around oem HU with sync
2 kicker comp cvt shallow 8" subs
Tail light trim
Long tubes
Pype axle backs
Magnaflow x pipe
2.5 QTP cut outs both sides
Aluminum drive shaft
8.8 rear end with 3.73 gear
White line upper pan hard bar brace

17,870 miles

KBB says 18,000

Also have boss diffuser valance and GTCS spoiler in a box to go with the car. Along with oem herders, cold air intake and cats.

ThanksClick image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1440466612.047747.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	190014
TTmustang10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-24-2015, 08:56 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
JokerS197's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 93
I can't believe you would sell that! I would personally like to say at least in the $20,000 range, special since you have such low mileage. The only downside about using that price is the fact that you can buy a 2015 V6 mustang for about $23,000. As much as it hurts me to say this, you might just have to take the lose in money. I don't see why you wouldn't want to keep it!


Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
JokerS197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 09:20 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
TTmustang10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Clovis
Region: Other
Posts: 542
Quote:
Originally Posted by JokerS197 View Post
I can't believe you would sell that! I would personally like to say at least in the $20,000 range, special since you have such low mileage. The only downside about using that price is the fact that you can buy a 2015 V6 mustang for about $23,000. As much as it hurts me to say this, you might just have to take the lose in money. I don't see why you wouldn't want to keep it!


Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution

http://youtu.be/LVWTURSz5DQ

I know I'm taking a loss but reason for selling the mustang is one I have a 2014 fusion so I have a daily but the main reason is so my girl and I can get a house now. She said I can buy another one in the future. Plus after her and i get a home I'm going straight to a gt500 or a raptor.
TTmustang10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-28-2015, 11:20 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
superdrift's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Mint hill
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 1,386
With a list of mods like that, low milage, and grabber blue 20k is a reasonable asking price
superdrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 11:34 AM   #5
Kevin.Cook
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
What's a good asking price
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 11:40 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by superdrift View Post
With a list of mods like that, low milage, and grabber blue 20k is a reasonable asking price

Lay off the drugs


🍼and 🌽 fed coyote.
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 12:59 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Salinas
Region: California
Posts: 7,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTmustang10 View Post
http://youtu.be/LVWTURSz5DQ

I know I'm taking a loss but reason for selling the mustang is one I have a 2014 fusion so I have a daily but the main reason is so my girl and I can get a house now. She said I can buy another one in the future. Plus after her and i get a home I'm going straight to a gt500 or a raptor.
This sounds like a good plan!
Don't worry about taking a loss on the car. You will more than make up for it when the house that you buy appreciates in value.
The mods don't really add anything to the value of the car, but I would think, that with those low miles, the car should be worth the high "blue book" price.
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 01:43 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by superdrift View Post
With a list of mods like that, low milage, and grabber blue 20k is a reasonable asking price
Bro, the car has the 4.0 engine. What are you smoking. 20k????? Come on man. Bro, I have a 2011 3.7 with 6k in performance and appearance mods and I couldn't come close to selling mine for 20k. I would maybe get 17k and that's a maybe, most likely not. My 2011 is in prestine condition, no water has ever touched her paint, garage kept, bubble wrapped, Oil and filter changes every week.

Non 🍼and non 🌽fed. I $uck!
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 01:45 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
mustangz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Virginia
Region: Virginia
Posts: 4,575
So many people think mods add to a cars value. You have 5.0's going in the low 20's. That 4.0, is about a 10-12k car.
__________________
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 02:08 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
So many people think mods add to a cars value. You have 5.0's going in the low 20's. That 4.0, is about a 10-12k car.
Exactly sir and the reality is , the mods don't add any real price value. The car should sell for 11k.

Non 🍼and non 🌽fed. I $uck!
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 03:16 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
superdrift's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Mint hill
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 1,386
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Exactly sir and the reality is , the mods don't add any real price value. The car should sell for 11k.

Non 🍼and non 🌽fed. I $uck!
Some dumb kid is gonna buy it without doing any research and think it has 300+hp and then later be suprised to find out it doesnt, ive seen a couple of 2010's with no mods and 20k more on em go for 18k in the past couple of months.
superdrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 03:24 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriousDodgeGuy View Post
Tail end of it all? Oh really!

J/k, in my car's present condition, I would most certainly be whooped badly. I need a new radiator and thermostat I also need a timing adjustment.
God bless dumb people. 😂

Non 🍼and non 🌽fed. I $uck!
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 05:36 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
TTmustang10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Clovis
Region: Other
Posts: 542
There's no way I'm expecting high numbers. Why I wanted an estimate before I posted.
TTmustang10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 06:11 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
Project Pony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Aiken
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 3,274
I feel your best bet will be to find a buyer that doesn't want to do the work themselves and is already looking for the modifications you have. Fortunately for you, around tax time there are a lot of people that overpay for cars. Not saying you shouldn't get what it worth by no means, but you'll have an easier time selling when some of these people get those huge tax returns.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920AZ using Mustang Evolution mobile app
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Project Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 06:28 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Project Pony View Post
I feel your best bet will be to find a buyer that doesn't want to do the work themselves and is already looking for the modifications you have. Fortunately for you, around tax time there are a lot of people that overpay for cars. Not saying you shouldn't get what it worth by no means, but you'll have an easier time selling when some of these people get those huge tax returns.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920AZ using Mustang Evolution mobile app
What does KBB price it at?

Non 🍼and non 🌽fed. I $uck!
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 06:35 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
Project Pony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Aiken
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 3,274
I believe he said it was 18.5

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920AZ using Mustang Evolution mobile app
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Project Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 06:37 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
Project Pony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Aiken
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 3,274
18k

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920AZ using Mustang Evolution mobile app
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Project Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 06:43 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Project Pony View Post
18k

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920AZ using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Okay, so let me understand this. Your saying KBB has a 2010 V6 listed value of 18k?

OP, does your 2010 have leather seats. Sinse KBB has it listed for 18k then with all your mods I would think you could get 19-20k for it. After all its a premium edition and assume that came with leather seats.

Non 🍼and non 🌽fed. I $uck!
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 08:38 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTmustang10 View Post
I've a question for all you mustang guys. Who would know more about a mustangs price then us. So I've got a 2010 4.0 premium and going to be selling it trying to make up a reasonable price. I know I will be losing money but just want to think what a realistic selling price should be.

Has:
Under drive pulley and gates belt
BMR tubular k-member
BMR tubular radiator support
BMR chasis support
SR strut tower brace
Throttle body spacer
Misimoto auto trans intercooler
Taylor 10mm spark plug wires
Accel coil pack
Ford racing lower control arms
Caliper covers
Slotted and drilled rotors and ceramic break pads
2015 mustang rims with all brand new tires
235/50/50 Pirelli P Nero Zeros
C&L cold air intake
Bama tuned and tuner
Quarter window louvers
Rear window louver
Boss c stripes
Hood stripes
Billet aluminum grille
Halo lights
Hid fog lights
Upgraded speakers kicker all way around oem HU with sync
2 kicker comp cvt shallow 8" subs
Tail light trim
Long tubes
Pype axle backs
Magnaflow x pipe
2.5 QTP cut outs both sides
Aluminum drive shaft
8.8 rear end with 3.73 gear
White line upper pan hard bar brace

17,870 miles

KBB says 18,000

Also have boss diffuser valance and GTCS spoiler in a box to go with the car. Along with oem herders, cold air intake and cats.

ThanksAttachment 190014
Sir, may I ask why you want to sell your pony? You have a boat load of mods into the car? How many thousands of dollars did you put into modding your pony.

Non 🍼and non 🌽fed. I $uck!
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 02:42 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
TTmustang10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Clovis
Region: Other
Posts: 542
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Sir, may I ask why you want to sell your pony? You have a boat load of mods into the car? How many thousands of dollars did you put into modding your pony.

Non 🍼and non 🌽fed. I $uck!

Selling her to pay for jockey training and the rest of the money Is going for me and my girl to get a house. Time to grow up for me. Next car will be the 5.8 Shelby though.
TTmustang10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What would be a good price for a 1971 mustang grande coupe that is priced at 5k? Price negotiable.? Rodric Classic Mustangs 3 12-23-2011 05:17 PM
just asking silverstang 1996-2004 Mustang GT 4 04-13-2008 12:04 PM
Just asking silverstang 1996-2004 Mustang GT 18 04-28-2007 12:38 PM
Yes i asking this, how do you properly re-oil a filter? Jrw4482 1979-1995 Mustang GT 12 05-14-2006 06:47 PM
LOL some guy asking me if i had a v6... SpectorV The Bar 23 04-07-2005 03:30 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



09:07 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.