Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Exhaust

Tags
exhaust
2K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  Jollystomper 
#1 ·
Is there anybody who is running a setup or knows a setup that will give a similar sound like a GT running Borla ATAKS, but for their V6's?

#2 ·
Not going to happen no matter what you do. Only way you are going to get a Mustang to sound like a GT running ATAKS is to get a GT with ATAKS or a similar style muffler. This is not to say a V6 can't sound good but its just not going to sound like a V8 because its not one.

#7 ·
H pipes give the exhaust tone a more throaty and deeper note. X pipes create a raspier tone, but are praised for the increase in torque, although very minimal, if any at all. I have a fabricated h pipe and flowmaster outlaw mufflers and I love my set up, just too loud for me now.

There is a video on YouTube, can't find it at the moment, but it is a grabber orange mustang that has long tubes, an h pipe and SLP Loudmouths I believe. Sounds incredible imo

#16 ·
I have heard some mean 6s that can growl like a GT but they don't have the same bark as the V8. I get a lot of compliments on my exhaust. I would tell you more about it but, the car came with them on. When I go under the car to install my MGW shifter I will have a better view.

#18 ·
Well I have 2005 V6 with Cervini dual side exhaust.Side Exhaust Kit includes: Side Skirts, Stainless Steel Dual Exhaust & Rear Valance Covers. The exhaust system includes: Stainless Steel 2.5" mandrel-bent side exhaust system featuring NEW 304 Stainless Steel Magna Force 4" round mufflers and polished cast-aluminum exhaust tips. Magna Force mufflers feature a straight through race inspired design that allows a 95% straight flow path resulting in a dyno proven 8-10 Horse Power increase. Add that to my
K&N CAI and my Bama tuner set to Race tune and it definitely sounds like a V8 if not better so it can be done j.s.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.