2005 leather seat swap help. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-06-2016, 09:12 AM   #1
Registered Member
Region: Virginia
2005 leather seat swap help.

Hi guys,

Just picked up some 08 leather seats from a gt premium to put in my girlfriend's 05 v6 base.

Has anyone done this swap before? I've got a few questions..

1) what did you do with the side airbag? Her car does not currently have side airbags

2) any issues with the plugs?

3) is it possible to make the power seat option? Or is it possible to switch tracks to make her seat manual instead?

Any other tips from someone who has done this swap would be helpful.

Thank you

Instagram: @v6beast

DiESeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 02:50 AM   #2
Registered Member
Region: Texas
I don't know if you had completed this or not, but I'd like to put in some experience with my swap.
I've completed one on mine. I had trouble getting the plugs to match, seeing as mine didn't come with side air bags.

Instead of replacing the entire seat, I just stripped the donor seat of the foam and leather and transferred it onto mine.

Why did I do this?
2005 - 2006 share the same outlet/inlet connectors
where as
2007-2009 were different (more rectangular)

At the time of my swap. I bought the donor seats from a 2009 GT Premium Mustang and I have a 2005 base model v6 Mustang. I reused my hog-pins and seat bracket. It made my life much easier.

As far as making it a power track or a manual, it just depends on finding the appropriate track or simply you could do a conversion. There's an old article about this question for a passenger seat conversion. 2005+ Mustang Power Passenger Seat Conversion - Ford Mustang Forum
Matts is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang