Mustang Evolution Forum banner

HP

3K views 32 replies 10 participants last post by  tman1020 
#1 ·
Hey everyone, i have an 05 4.0 with a k&N cai, and a single borla axle back exhaust. I wanted some advice on how to get more horse power without breaking the bank lol. Thanks in advance.

#12 ·
Before buying anything to increase HP, I picked up x4 first. Very handy across the board. You'll be into an x4 for 400, that would leave you a couple hundred to grab a throttle body, plenum, or something like that as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920AZ using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#15 ·
Tuner is a nice start, the new tuner always you to do a datalog easier. I have the old x3 tuner from American muscle. You have to take a laptop with you to record it. The new x4 allows you to just use the device. Basically you can record your engine preformance with the tune that you bought. Then you send that data to bama that you bought the tune from and they will customize it to your specific engine. Doing that really improved my engine preformance with the mods I have installed on mine.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#16 ·
I would consider the pypes mid muffler true duel cat back system. Combined with your cai i would think you would be happy. They are not to pricey, they sound great and are supposed to add like 20 ft lb of torque. Gears are a great low cost option to if you can find a good installer.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

#17 ·
I am still starting to really buy parts. I have a 2009 v6 mustang with a k&n cold air intake with a sr throttle body spacer and fords 3.73 gears 8.8 i am currently waiting till tax return so i can get true daul mid x pipes pypes exhaust and bama tuner then install my gears then. I will make a video before and after the install. My next install will be xcharger xtreme.

#24 ·
Well the 3.73 8.8 i bought wont work unless i swapped out my rear with a gt only problem is i cant find a gt rear where i live so it looks like i am going to have to do 3.73 7.5 and right now saving a little bit of money to buy a turbo kit from mrt performance i have to wait about 4 or 5 months going forward from February.

---------- Post added at 12:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 AM ----------

Hows your ride coming a long

#25 ·
If you're going to go with a turbo. I would be apprehensive to put any money into that 7.5. If you were going to skip the turbo then maybe. By the time you buy the gears and have them installed you're going to have a pretty good buck invested and you still won't have t-lock unless you drop another 500 bucks or so.
To do it right upgrading that 7.5 is going to cost you more than a used 8.8. I consider skipping the gears for now and going for that turbo if that's what you want. That turbo will add power the gears will just change the way the power you have feels.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.