Mustang Evolution Forum banner

any model to avoid between 2005-2010?

3K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  Ibis 
#1 ·
Let's try again a different way: on various sites on ford mustang, a number of problems seem common or recurrent (paint blistering, corrosion on the hood, for instance). Are you aware of some models to avoid between 2005 and 2010? 2006 and 2007 seems with the highest number of complains, and 2010 is also called the "worse model". I am tempted by a 2010 model and will be pleased to have your feedback. Kind regards, J

#3 ·
Well 2010 was the last year for the 3 Valve 4.6 Engine. Now is a good time to get killer deals on 2016 models that are left over dealer stock. Every year you look at you will find the good bad things. But go with what you like and make sure it has a clean carfax report.

#8 ·
So yes 3.7 mustang are nice they have more hp and alot of potential. I have a 2009 4.0 v6 mustang and i like it alot yes i could upgrade but i love the body style actually looks like a mustang i do like the torque from the 4.0 as for as hp no matter what vehicle you get you can always add hp.

#13 ·
I'm a 4.0 fan I don't think they're that bad. Let's face it no matter what you get there's always something faster. You can pick up a 4.0 pretty reasonable and in my opinion they have been a very reliable motor. I have one with 110,000 miles on it with a roots supercharger on it. It's impressive for a six cylinder. However it's not what I would call a eco-friendly motor. I'm sure it would be better if I could keep my foot out of it ?. That being said the only thing I know of that you have to watch out for on the 4.0 is the thermostat housing. Cheap easy fix.

If you have your mind set on the 3.7 There is a guy On here right now trying to sell 2014 3.7 V6 with a pro charger already installed for 16,500 Looks pretty nice in the pictures

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

#14 ·
Model-wise, 2010-2014 are definitely my preference. However, I just got an '09 V6 4.0 because it was an awesome deal lol. And now the '09 look is starting to grow on me. As for complaints and issues with the years I think it has a lot to do with the maintenance on the vehicle. I haven't really heard consistent complaints regarding a certain year. But that's just from my recollection.

#15 ·
I would probably go with a later model an 07-09. Later models general have the issues corrected from the earlier models, plus more features on the interior. Only maintenance issues you might have are just replacing normal parts (fuel filter, spark plugs, etc.). Mine is a 06 4.0, only "real" issue I had was the coolent plastic hose conector break, which is a common issue. I like the 05-09 look, even more then my 2012 Boss 302. The only major pro about 11-14 is the bigger engine, I would rather buy a 15 or newer. You get the better handling and all the bells and whistles. Just my personal opinion!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Attachments

#16 ·
Well, according to my manual, the 3.7L engine is known to have trouble on replacing the spark plugs and they recommend to take it to the mechanic or they can break, as for my 09 4.0L had some issues with cooling system( thermostat housing twice) but i have had nothing serious with over 130k miles

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.