Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Sequential Taillights

2K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  JokerS197 
#1 ·
Looking to get some sequential lights for my 2008 convertible. I keep reading that Raxiom at American Muscle are to be avoided. Any ideas. Looking plug in option, not wanting to do the splicing.
Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

#3 ·
I got the Raxiom sequentials from American Muscle (who owns Raxiom,) for my 2006 Stang last year,
& have been waiting half a year for replacement that was I promised "no problem"...
so...
& the rest of the Raxiom lineup is getting negative reviews (but that rubs people wrong if I mention that)

#8 · (Edited)
Mustang Taillight Sequencers |Tail Light Sequencers | Sequential

Done.

edit: Raxiom is a **** product. 75% of the stuff AM sells is trash. If its not "name brand" on AM, don't buy it. Their customer service is OK... just OK. Lots of ppl seem to think AM customer service is some sort of god level but having dealt with them and grown up on Summit and Jegs... lmao no. AM wishes they had the same service as Summit and Jegs. Example, I got a bad wheel from AM, documented, they admitted it was bad and I asked them to overnight me a replacement, they would not do it. In the past when I have had any issues with anything I ordered from Summit (never had a problem with Jegs), I got the replacement overnighted 10:30 or earlier delivery to my door.

Honestly... I have not been on AM for months. If I want something I go on Summit or Jegs first, then LRS. AM is at the bottom with CJP.

#9 ·
Jegs, Summit, LMR, CJ Pony Parts, Steeda and Mustangs Unlimited are my go-to sources. American Muscle has started to remind me of an overseas reproduction company. Cheap parts, high prices, and average customer service.

I am about to load my Bama SCT X4 with Steeda tunes. They are still canned tunes, but they have people that know what is going on.

#10 ·
Honestly AM was always like that. A combination of a few really good reps, some good deals on stuff and better marketing than LRS (which has been doing what AM is doing since the 90s) seemed to get them really out there in the spotlight. They've always had a ton of junk on their site and SR/Raxiom products are almost universally garbage.

Can't say I'm still not #triggered when I see a post somewhere asking "Is Jegs as good as AM?"

#12 ·
I bought my sequential lights from AM for my '09. At the time (what I remember) there were only two choices, cut and splice your car's connectors on, or the ready to go set with connectors already on. I bought the easier "connectors already on" set. This was in 2010 and they still work great. They came in a little unmarked box with the two wiring harnesses stuffed inside. Also inside was a single 8.5 x 11 piece of paper that showed you how to install the things. No where in the box or on the paper was there a logo of any kind telling me who manufactured the things.
I have always "assumed" it was Raxiom. But you know what happens when you ***-u-me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.