Mustang Evolution Forum banner

200-2009 V6 top speed?

7K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  Barroom Zero 
#1 ·
Anyone top out there car?

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

#13 ·
Once you get a tuner it will help a lot. Thats probably one of the best investment for your 4.0 and it will remove the limiter. It is just more fun when you get some bolt ons and a tune you can really feel the difference. I am running a 91 octane tune and i have a stock tune and 87 oct tune with bama tuner.

#15 ·
Tuners arent complicated. When you buy one you are given a questionnaire from the company seeing what you have as far as upgraded parts after then let them know what changes and performance you would like for you car. Then once you get the tuner plug it right in your obd and follow the directions

#17 · (Edited by Moderator)
Anyone top out there car?

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
I did, 126mph downhill, it’s sketch as (Moderated)

Yes 115mph is the limiter because the stock driveshaft is only rated for 115mph! If you go faster and you don't have a driveshaft loop, if the drive line breaks, it could flip the car over! So don't even try it!

At the drag strip, a 115mph run is a deep 12 second run! So no need to increase the limiter!
Removed it, 126 downhill car shakes like crazy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.