Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Can a 2013 CF edition mustang hood fit on my 2010 V6?

7K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  tym_v6 
#1 ·
Hey everyone,
I am looking to replace my 2010 V6 Mustang Hood (without spending hundreds), and I found a used hood that is off of a 2013 GT /CS Edition.
I am wondering if this will work...
I know the very front of the hood may end up short, and it does not curve down, though aside from that, would it fit? Or close properly?
I assume that it will not, though if anyone has done it please let me know!

Also, given that this hood isn't purposed for my V6, do the holes /hood scoops and vents make it too easy for fluids to leak onto the engine (as compared to the V6). Does this matter?

Feel like a noob asking these questions, but I would love this hood in place of my own if it would work.

#6 · (Edited)
This. Even if you got it on with the 10-12 front bumper the 13-14 hoods are probably 2" shorter because of how the front bumper is. It would look like a hack job.

#4 ·
Would it work at all though? I know it might look weird or not fit perfectly but would it lock shut? Is the length from the back of the hood to the closing/locking mechanism the same? Also, can someone tell me whether or not putting a hood with a hood scoop and vents on a V6 will be bad for it? I'm not sure whether water will hit different parts of the motor on the V6 than the V8. Also not sure how bad water might be 4 it...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.