Warranty question - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-24-2011, 11:28 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
fordfan100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 607
Warranty question

I am thinking about getting a cai for my 2011 v6 but I don't know if it will void my warranty. Does anybody know if installing an aftermarket cai will or will not void my warranty?
fordfan100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-24-2011, 11:30 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Camo1967Mustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,130
Re: Warranty question

I think it will
but im not sure
never had a warranty on my stang
__________________

Adrian
2001 Mustang

--AM CAI, BBK Headers, Dual exhaust, Billet grille, hood and side scoops, Sequential tail lights,
AM Headlight covers, Fog lights, Chin spoiler, H&R Lowering Springs, KYB Shocks and Struts

January 2012 StangAlley ROTM
Camo1967Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 11:33 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
SaleenFiend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Louisiana
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 2,318
Re: Warranty question

If they can directly relate it to the problem with the vehicle. CAI are usually easily relatable and take the blame often. It causes more than you can imagine. If warranty is your concern do not do the mod. Exhaust is different and won't cause you any issues unless you eliminate the catalytic converters.
SaleenFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-24-2011, 11:33 PM   #4
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Other
Posts: 2,268
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordfan100
I am thinking about getting a cai for my 2011 v6 but I don't know if it will void my warranty. Does anybody know if installing an aftermarket cai will or will not void my warranty?
I wouldn't think so. Best bet would be to talk to the dealer about it.
93CobraGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 11:45 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
SaleenFiend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Louisiana
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 2,318
Re: Warranty question

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93CobraGuy View Post
I wouldn't think so. Best bet would be to talk to the dealer about it.
The only viable option is having a Ford/FRPP CAI installed. They may not honor the engine warranty if you have an after market product. Especially with Ext. Warranties. I denies Chrysler claims based on CAIs commonly.

But he's right... go talk to your dealer and Service Department. Be sure and speak with the Service Manager.
SaleenFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 06:53 AM   #6
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Florida
Posts: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaleenFiend
If they can directly relate it to the problem with the vehicle. CAI are usually easily relatable and take the blame often. It causes more than you can imagine. If warranty is your concern do not do the mod. Exhaust is different and won't cause you any issues unless you eliminate the catalytic converters.
If i were to convert my 2010 exhaust into a dual exhaust, wld i still not have any issues with warranty?
sno4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 07:23 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
fordfan100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 607
Thanks for the help I'll call my dealer and ask.
fordfan100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 08:52 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular
 
SpectorV's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Alabama
Posts: 26,049
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
Re: Warranty question

Its one of those things you have to be careful with~

Just the CAI wont void the warranty BUT the 2011 may require a tune which will void the warranty. Any modification you do if you have an issue they cant just blame it on that, it has to be proven that the modification DID The damage or replaced a part that modifies the damaged part. Keep in mind dealerships may not care and you cant fight and win.. so its pretty much up to the dealership how they treat it.

You can always unload the tune/put the stock intake on when you take it in for service. Just change the oil yourself and you wont have to go in there very often anyway.
__________________
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 09:47 AM   #9
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 17
Re: Warranty question

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordfan100 View Post
I am thinking about getting a cai for my 2011 v6 but I don't know if it will void my warranty. Does anybody know if installing an aftermarket cai will or will not void my warranty?
Just read a few minutes ago the Steeda is about three weeks away from releasing their CAI and Tune kit for the 2011+ V6 model. They posted a pic of the prototype and the dyno chart. It added 20HP and 30 ftlb of torque at the rear wheel - looked real good to me!

I am close to ordering a V6 so I am very interested also...

PS My thoughts on the warranty issue you raised: if an issue would ever arise where you needed to take it in, pull the CAI off and reflash the stock tune back into the ECM - easey peasey!
Storm75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 10:27 AM   #10
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular
 
SpectorV's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Alabama
Posts: 26,049
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
Re: Warranty question

I would wait on some real world results, not sure you would see that big of a hp gain but you never know... I dont really trust manuf claims.
__________________
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 11:00 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
SaleenFiend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Louisiana
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 2,318
Re: Warranty question

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV View Post
Its one of those things you have to be careful with~

Just the CAI wont void the warranty BUT the 2011 may require a tune which will void the warranty. Any modification you do if you have an issue they cant just blame it on that, it has to be proven that the modification DID The damage or replaced a part that modifies the damaged part. Keep in mind dealerships may not care and you cant fight and win.. so its pretty much up to the dealership how they treat it.

You can always unload the tune/put the stock intake on when you take it in for service. Just change the oil yourself and you wont have to go in there very often anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm75 View Post
Just read a few minutes ago the Steeda is about three weeks away from releasing their CAI and Tune kit for the 2011+ V6 model. They posted a pic of the prototype and the dyno chart. It added 20HP and 30 ftlb of torque at the rear wheel - looked real good to me!

I am close to ordering a V6 so I am very interested also...

PS My thoughts on the warranty issue you raised: if an issue would ever arise where you needed to take it in, pull the CAI off and reflash the stock tune back into the ECM - easey peasey!
Reflashing the ECMs done always erase previous data. Espescially on later model vehicles. We are starting to see these issues at Dodge. The Can/Bus systems of the vehicles are starting to have a lot more information stored in them. Espescially devices that can detect information such as that. I'm just giving you a fair warning.
SaleenFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 11:10 AM   #12
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular
 
SpectorV's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Alabama
Posts: 26,049
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
Re: Warranty question

yup very true, they can see if a tune has been on there in many cases if they care enough to check. Ford sometimes offers kits that keep warranty when installed at an authorized dealer.... they need to get up with the time and realize a tune is needed to keep it all safe so they should offer some sort of system to manage that.
__________________
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 04:51 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
SaleenFiend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Louisiana
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 2,318
Re: Warranty question

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV View Post
yup very true, they can see if a tune has been on there in many cases if they care enough to check. Ford sometimes offers kits that keep warranty when installed at an authorized dealer.... they need to get up with the time and realize a tune is needed to keep it all safe so they should offer some sort of system to manage that.
Ford isn't exactly in the business for Aftermarket Tuning. As you and I both know there are too many variables in this area for error and Ford would be taking a leap of faith in the aftermarket industry. Not to mention the milliions of potential dollars in warranty claims that could cost them. Most manufactures are moving away from this type of problems!

Note: Dodge as explain previously. Also, I was talking to a local tuner in regards to the Camaros and he was explaining to me the hundreds of tables he has to modify for an Automatic Camaro (late models). He said some of the tunes can take a full day to run through the Trans Tables.
SaleenFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 05:21 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
fordfan100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 607
I called my dealer and they said that it WILL void the warranty
fordfan100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Voided warranty and not a GTR! DarkShadows The Bar 7 12-18-2008 04:23 PM
New 7.5 3.73 gears for $149.99 with a lifetime warranty Blue232 Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 16 11-23-2006 05:27 PM
Warranty voided ? TNT Bomb Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 14 06-29-2005 05:44 PM
Warranty STEVE The Bar 18 06-04-2004 11:08 PM
Warranty Info? BlkStang4Me Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 1 04-01-2004 01:18 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



03:41 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.