No Spare - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-21-2011, 10:10 AM   #36

Region: Pennsylvania
Re: No Spare

Hmmmmm

Well, not sure what you consider "really old people"....LOL

I am in my 40s, and we intend to use the car 9 months of the year (snow the rest) and have fun with it.

But no lowering or hot rodding of it is planned right now. That is what my 72 Barracuda is for.

This car is just to be a fun, quick toy to play with.

As far as new tires versus old tires? LOL Tell that to the tire we toasted last winter on our Sonota...tires had maybe 5k on it...we found a huge pothole that ate the rim and tire for dinner.

Luckily we had the donut to get us home.

Since then I picked up a used rim and new tire for a spare.....cost me less than $200......

Ford wants over $500 for their "solution"....LOL
shadango is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-21-2011, 10:13 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Dam.. We bow to the guy with the mustang and barracuda.. I ment like ppl in their 60s and so on that get it and still drive 10 miles under the speed limit.. My car had tires just put on it when I got it.. Not even 200 miles on them.. I have hit pothole after pothole but nothing gets these somoto tires down lol
Codysmustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 10:14 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

That is of course saying that my rims are stock but mine is a 02 and has been lowered
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-21-2011, 10:21 AM   #39

LOL Backstory --- I have had my toys for years...the barracuda for the last couple.....The wife was starting to get irritated....<grin>

Truth be told, she wanted a 'Stang for years and years...just wasnt practical til now.

We are extremely pleased with the car.....she is all smiles driving it....

The spare tire thing doesnt make us like the car any less, but it makes me look at Ford (and actually Chrysler too, since they are doing it as well on the Challengers I am told) differently.

Mind you, nothing that isnt expected.....but its a shame that they have us consumers whipped to the point that they can delete the spare tire, and not have a reasonable option in place for those who want one, and we just eat it. LOL

Aboutt he sonata tire......that tire/wheel was stock but the yare all "lower profile" now.....

Not sure where you live, but here in Southwest PA potholes and crappy roads seem to be a given.......those with low profiles take a real risk......front ends and alignments dont last long around here either....LOL
Old 06-21-2011, 10:27 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Well I live out in Louisiana and I guess our roads are alil better.. But not by much.. And def understand how feel bout the dealerships.. But did what I say kind of make sense to.. The total amount to the car also includes the stuff the dealer has to work wit.. No I not saying it right in the least but still
Old 06-30-2011, 11:41 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia

I read some good responses on here, and it is true that underinflation and even overinflation can cause tire problems. Statistically how many blowouts are related by that is data that I would have to look up, but I do some graphics work for 'Tire Company', and we have definitely produced graphics on how underinflation can cause overheating, etc.

I also agree that there are a lot of modders out there for whom a spare might become immediately useless, BUT there are many, many more who drive their 'Stangs stock and could benefit from a spare/donut. It would be fair to point out that those who drive it stock are probably less likely to know how to change a tire -- sadly -- than those who are modding, but that is besides the point. There are still plenty of us out there who don't plan on modding the car to the point of a spare being useless.

Clearly, it didn't cost Ford a purchase in this instance. Even if I had looked for the spare before I bought the car and saw that there was none, I still would've bought it; so, I guess Ford can afFORD to skimp there, bad pun intended.

Perf Mods: FRPP 3.73 Gears, 87 Octane Performance Tune from BAMA, Airaid CAI, Magnaflow Comp Axle-backs
Ext Mods: Lower chrome billet grille, Tint
Upcoming Mods: Lowering springs
illestdomer2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 11:48 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California

Welcome to the site and I love the fact that you are a FORMER honda owner .
wereKEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 02:58 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wereKEV View Post
Welcome to the site and I love the fact that you are a FORMER honda owner .
Thanks, KEV. I guess it's a misnomer to say that I am a "former" Honda owner as I still have my Accord. I use it when I have to drive to a sketch part of town or need to leave it at MARTA overnight or something...it's practically theft-proof on its own

Perf Mods: FRPP 3.73 Gears, 87 Octane Performance Tune from BAMA, Airaid CAI, Magnaflow Comp Axle-backs
Old 07-01-2011, 08:16 AM   #44

Saw a sharp looking 09 style GT, black with white stripe, stock looking, on the side of the road yesterday morning during rush hour....young guy.

Changing a flat tire.

So yes it happens and people change their own tires.
Old 07-01-2011, 10:43 AM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadango View Post
Saw a sharp looking 09 style GT, black with white stripe, stock looking, on the side of the road yesterday morning during rush hour....young guy.

Changing a flat tire.

So yes it happens and people change their own tires.
Absolutely. I've never had a flat that would've been fixed with the goo anyhow; so, I feel like I'm rolling the dice on a long drive...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang