MPG average - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-27-2011, 08:36 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Re: MPG average

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmcnomore View Post
My MPG has gotten worse since I added Borla Touring Axle back exhausts a week ago. I don't think it is an issue with new exhaust or the car. It is just that thirst to hear that growl.

I can live with this MPG problem. Anyone else making this sacrifice?
What's nice is you know you CAN drive it efficiently if you want to...even though most of the time you probably won't

It's amazing that I get about the same efficiency from this 305HP V6 that I do with my 2.2L I4 Honda.

Perf Mods: FRPP 3.73 Gears, 87 Octane Performance Tune from BAMA, Airaid CAI, Magnaflow Comp Axle-backs
Ext Mods: Lower chrome billet grille, Tint
Upcoming Mods: Lowering springs
illestdomer2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2011, 09:56 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

How inaccurate is the computers MPG reading compared to doing it by hand?

Soon to come:
Short throw kit, CAI.
nickdandria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 06:59 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California

In my experience comparing the computer with hand measurements, the computer is up to 2 MPG lower that calculating manually. Though I did notice that the accuracy of the computer was much better if I reset the AVG MPG at fill up. I'm not sure how long the computer's table runs to calculate the AVG, but it seems to be rather large.

If you reset the computer calculation, on your first fill up you should see that your next manual calculation and your computer measurement will likely be very close. But, at the next fill up and calculation you'll start to see the drift in the computer's reading and your manual calculation.
fadedsoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-07-2011, 02:17 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadedsoldier View Post
In my experience comparing the computer with hand measurements, the computer is up to 2 MPG lower that calculating manually. Though I did notice that the accuracy of the computer was much better if I reset the AVG MPG at fill up. I'm not sure how long the computer's table runs to calculate the AVG, but it seems to be rather large.

If you reset the computer calculation, on your first fill up you should see that your next manual calculation and your computer measurement will likely be very close. But, at the next fill up and calculation you'll start to see the drift in the computer's reading and your manual calculation.
Mine was a little under 2 MPG lower on the computer than hand calculation. The more extended consistent driving that you do (i.e., highway driving), the more accurate it seems to get.

Perf Mods: FRPP 3.73 Gears, 87 Octane Performance Tune from BAMA, Airaid CAI, Magnaflow Comp Axle-backs
Ext Mods: Lower chrome billet grille, Tint
Upcoming Mods: Lowering springs
illestdomer2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 05:08 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
My combined daily average is about 27.5 mpg. Did a 1400 mile road trip and averaged 31 doing 5mph over posted speed limit the entire trip.

These cars are dun to drive and will get absolutely terrible gass mileage if you push the loud pedal too much.
aegischief is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang