Just pulled the trigger on a tuner :) - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-01-2011, 01:46 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular
 
USAF_stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 890
Quote:
Originally Posted by illestdomer2005
Well, I just found out that the dealership already has my car. My wife took it up this morning before she went to work and is having their performance guy install new rear gears.

She surprised me for our 1 year anniversary!
That's nice. I'd tell her thank you but if you ever drive my car again we're through lol jk I love her too much
__________________
USAF_stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-01-2011, 04:18 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular
 
illestdomer2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Region: Georgia
Posts: 723
Re: Just pulled the trigger on a tuner :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAF_stang View Post
That's nice. I'd tell her thank you but if you ever drive my car again we're through lol jk I love her too much
Haha, she's actually a pretty good driver even though she's always telling me to slow down
__________________
2011 Mustang 3.7L, 6A, MCA Pkg, Ingot Silver w/ Stone

Perf Mods: FRPP 3.73 Gears, 87 Octane Performance Tune from BAMA, Airaid CAI, Magnaflow Comp Axle-backs
Ext Mods: Lower chrome billet grille, Tint
Upcoming Mods: Lowering springs
illestdomer2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 05:18 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular
 
avengnd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Stafford
Region: Virginia
Posts: 1,643
Re: Just pulled the trigger on a tuner :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by illestdomer2005 View Post
Haha, she's actually a pretty good driver even though she's always telling me to slow down
But now you have another excuse to go faster...
__________________
~ Alan Mustang Livin' and www.mustanglivin.com
2014 Shelby GT500
avengnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-02-2011, 06:41 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular
 
illestdomer2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Region: Georgia
Posts: 723
Quote:
Originally Posted by avengnd

But now you have another excuse to go faster...
She is alright with acceleration as long as I don't rape the speed limit. So I can drive bat sh*t crazy 0-70

Making my decision on the tuner today, and I am leaning towards getting it.
__________________
2011 Mustang 3.7L, 6A, MCA Pkg, Ingot Silver w/ Stone

Perf Mods: FRPP 3.73 Gears, 87 Octane Performance Tune from BAMA, Airaid CAI, Magnaflow Comp Axle-backs
Ext Mods: Lower chrome billet grille, Tint
Upcoming Mods: Lowering springs
illestdomer2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 07:55 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular
 
avengnd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Stafford
Region: Virginia
Posts: 1,643
Quote:
Originally Posted by illestdomer2005

She is alright with acceleration as long as I don't rape the speed limit. So I can drive bat sh*t crazy 0-70

Making my decision on the tuner today, and I am leaning towards getting it.
Go for it!!!
__________________
~ Alan Mustang Livin' and www.mustanglivin.com
2014 Shelby GT500
avengnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 08:13 AM   #41
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular
 
SpectorV's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Alabama
Posts: 26,049
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
Re: Just pulled the trigger on a tuner :)

if you have gears you dont have much choice, you have to correct the speedo somehow
__________________
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 08:52 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular
 
gregtommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: Washington
Posts: 1,462
Send a message via AIM to gregtommy Send a message via Skype™ to gregtommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV
if you have gears you dont have much choice, you have to correct the speedo somehow
I am new to the modification of gearing, so what your saying is all u have to do is tune the computer for 373s to correct the speedo

---------- Post added at 01:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:50 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal3st0rm

That's funny. You should take a picture of the intake on a new Shelby and show it to them, cause it's not in an air box at all. Here, I even found you a link to a photo. 2012 Ford Shelby Mustang Gt500 Super Snake Engine Compartment Photo 3
Yeah I have two ford dealers in the area and the one I bought the car from are kind of the newbie dealership since they just bought out the place a couple months ago
__________________
MOTM DEC 2011
Base SC Dyno 595rwhp/493rwtrq
Refined Tune 608rwhp/504rwtrq


Mustang history started with a 2000 v6, 2003 GT, 2007 GT, 2011 GT, all Black(coincidence)
gregtommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 05:30 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular
 
illestdomer2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Region: Georgia
Posts: 723
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregtommy

I am new to the modification of gearing, so what your saying is all u have to do is tune the computer for 373s to correct the speedo

---------- Post added at 01:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:50 PM ----------



Yeah I have two ford dealers in the area and the one I bought the car from are kind of the newbie dealership since they just bought out the place a couple months ago
Anything above 3.31 requires a tune.
__________________
2011 Mustang 3.7L, 6A, MCA Pkg, Ingot Silver w/ Stone

Perf Mods: FRPP 3.73 Gears, 87 Octane Performance Tune from BAMA, Airaid CAI, Magnaflow Comp Axle-backs
Ext Mods: Lower chrome billet grille, Tint
Upcoming Mods: Lowering springs
illestdomer2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 08:07 AM   #44
Registered Member
Regular
 
KATO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Cutler Bay
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,593
Send a message via Yahoo to KATO
Re: Just pulled the trigger on a tuner :)

Yeah, you should do the Tune anyway, it's a good Mod to have. Especially with Gear changes.
__________________
07 GT. SCT: CUSTOM TUNE by "MUSTANG SPECIALTIES". LMR: GEN2 2010 STYLE HEADLIGHTS, RAXIOM: 2010 SMOKED COYOTE TAIL LIGHTS, WHEELS: STAGGERED WHL 22X8.5F-22X10R.
KATO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 10:40 AM   #45
Registered Member
Regular
 
gregtommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: Washington
Posts: 1,462
Send a message via AIM to gregtommy Send a message via Skype™ to gregtommy
I am not saying I am paranoid for the number 8 cylinder rumors going around but I think I will hold off a couple months and give the engineers time to figure out the WTF portion of the problem before I dip in the world of tuners
__________________
MOTM DEC 2011
Base SC Dyno 595rwhp/493rwtrq
Refined Tune 608rwhp/504rwtrq


Mustang history started with a 2000 v6, 2003 GT, 2007 GT, 2011 GT, all Black(coincidence)
gregtommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 11:43 AM   #46
Registered Member
Regular
 
illestdomer2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Region: Georgia
Posts: 723
Re: Just pulled the trigger on a tuner :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregtommy View Post
I am not saying I am paranoid for the number 8 cylinder rumors going around but I think I will hold off a couple months and give the engineers time to figure out the WTF portion of the problem before I dip in the world of tuners
I don't blame you. If I had a GT, I wouldn't have ordered the tune. Why? Because that 8th cylinder thing would cause me to lose sleep at night, AND the gears I bought could be easily adjusted in the stock computer.

Main reasons I am moving forward with the tune are 1) accurately input gear ratio and 2) improved throttle response/shifting in AT.
__________________
2011 Mustang 3.7L, 6A, MCA Pkg, Ingot Silver w/ Stone

Perf Mods: FRPP 3.73 Gears, 87 Octane Performance Tune from BAMA, Airaid CAI, Magnaflow Comp Axle-backs
Ext Mods: Lower chrome billet grille, Tint
Upcoming Mods: Lowering springs
illestdomer2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 12:03 PM   #47
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular
 
SpectorV's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Alabama
Posts: 26,049
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
Re: Just pulled the trigger on a tuner :)

did they adjust your stock tune (they being ford) for your gears for you or mention it?
__________________
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 01:51 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular
 
illestdomer2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Region: Georgia
Posts: 723
Re: Just pulled the trigger on a tuner :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV View Post
did they adjust your stock tune (they being ford) for your gears for you or mention it?
Well, I thought they were supposed to or were going to, but then there was some mention, apparently, to my wife that my speedometer would be slightly off until I got a tune. So, I called back up there and spoke to a woman in the service department, and she said that they DID account for that.

Bottom line, I didn't think they could do that without a custom tune since Ford only allots for the 2.73 or 3.31 in the V6s. I figured that when the guy originally told me he could it was because he almost exclusively works on GTs, Cobras, Shelbys, etc. where that WOULD be an option.

Am I wrong that it would require something else?
__________________
2011 Mustang 3.7L, 6A, MCA Pkg, Ingot Silver w/ Stone

Perf Mods: FRPP 3.73 Gears, 87 Octane Performance Tune from BAMA, Airaid CAI, Magnaflow Comp Axle-backs
Ext Mods: Lower chrome billet grille, Tint
Upcoming Mods: Lowering springs
illestdomer2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 02:46 PM   #49
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular
 
SpectorV's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Alabama
Posts: 26,049
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
Re: Just pulled the trigger on a tuner :)

well the definition of a tune is just a modification to the software... that might not change your engines calibration or how it runs... they can hook up your car and just modify the gear setting.

In a perfect world maybe when you do tune it and if you revert it back to stock you can just say (if they ask why its been tuned) and say Ford did it when the gears were done lol
__________________
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 05:39 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular
 
illestdomer2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Region: Georgia
Posts: 723
Re: Just pulled the trigger on a tuner :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV View Post
well the definition of a tune is just a modification to the software... that might not change your engines calibration or how it runs... they can hook up your car and just modify the gear setting.

In a perfect world maybe when you do tune it and if you revert it back to stock you can just say (if they ask why its been tuned) and say Ford did it when the gears were done lol
BINGO!

I just thought that if you were to tune it, tune it, it would lock that tuner to the car; whereas, whatever is modifiable from the factory could be adjusted without one of those SCT tuners.
__________________
2011 Mustang 3.7L, 6A, MCA Pkg, Ingot Silver w/ Stone

Perf Mods: FRPP 3.73 Gears, 87 Octane Performance Tune from BAMA, Airaid CAI, Magnaflow Comp Axle-backs
Ext Mods: Lower chrome billet grille, Tint
Upcoming Mods: Lowering springs
illestdomer2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 11:17 AM   #51
Registered Member
Regular
 
illestdomer2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Region: Georgia
Posts: 723
Re: Just pulled the trigger on a tuner :)

UPDATE: I got the tuner from American Muscle last night after telling them to program that sucker up for 3.73 gears. I am chomping at the bit to upload it, but I am waiting on a last bit of due diligence before doing so.

I called the dealership to ask about this sickly sweet smell that I get during hard acceleration. It only happens at WOT, and this is with the A/C on recirculate. I haven't tried it yet with no A/C on or not recirculate because it is hot as hell here...
__________________
2011 Mustang 3.7L, 6A, MCA Pkg, Ingot Silver w/ Stone

Perf Mods: FRPP 3.73 Gears, 87 Octane Performance Tune from BAMA, Airaid CAI, Magnaflow Comp Axle-backs
Ext Mods: Lower chrome billet grille, Tint
Upcoming Mods: Lowering springs
illestdomer2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 06:22 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular
 
avengnd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Stafford
Region: Virginia
Posts: 1,643
Re: Just pulled the trigger on a tuner :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by illestdomer2005 View Post
UPDATE: I got the tuner from American Muscle last night after telling them to program that sucker up for 3.73 gears. I am chomping at the bit to upload it, but I am waiting on a last bit of due diligence before doing so.

I called the dealership to ask about this sickly sweet smell that I get during hard acceleration. It only happens at WOT, and this is with the A/C on recirculate. I haven't tried it yet with no A/C on or not recirculate because it is hot as hell here...
I might have it missed it, but did you ask the dealer why they didn't set the tune with the new gears?
__________________
~ Alan Mustang Livin' and www.mustanglivin.com
2014 Shelby GT500
avengnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 09:43 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular
 
illestdomer2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Region: Georgia
Posts: 723
Re: Just pulled the trigger on a tuner :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by avengnd View Post
I might have it missed it, but did you ask the dealer why they didn't set the tune with the new gears?
They claimed that they did, but one of the guys also told my wife that I would need to get a tune in order to properly calibrate the speedo
__________________
2011 Mustang 3.7L, 6A, MCA Pkg, Ingot Silver w/ Stone

Perf Mods: FRPP 3.73 Gears, 87 Octane Performance Tune from BAMA, Airaid CAI, Magnaflow Comp Axle-backs
Ext Mods: Lower chrome billet grille, Tint
Upcoming Mods: Lowering springs
illestdomer2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 07:06 AM   #54
Registered Member
Regular
 
avengnd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Stafford
Region: Virginia
Posts: 1,643
Quote:
Originally Posted by illestdomer2005

They claimed that they did, but one of the guys also told my wife that I would need to get a tune in order to properly calibrate the speedo
What that doesn't sound right. They should have at least done that for you as part of the package deal.
__________________
~ Alan Mustang Livin' and www.mustanglivin.com
2014 Shelby GT500
avengnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 11:35 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular
 
gregtommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: Washington
Posts: 1,462
Send a message via AIM to gregtommy Send a message via Skype™ to gregtommy
Re: Just pulled the trigger on a tuner :)

yeah for them to update the computer shouldn't take more then a code or an adjustment to one of their settings most likely a ratio of turns of the drive shaft to turns of the axle for them to string u like that is kind of a raw deal. I will find out how the dealer is around here in the next month or so because i am looking to get 373s put in my GT but yeah agree it should have been part of the package because I honestly beleive that any time a dealer does work the the speedo is off they are liable.
gregtommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 02:01 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular
 
illestdomer2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Region: Georgia
Posts: 723
Re: Just pulled the trigger on a tuner :)

I still haven't tried to "calibrate" it with using my GPS, but my grief is with the mixed messages. Again, I thought changing things beyond the scope in which Ford allowed variation (stock 2.73s or 3.31s) required a "flash" that would "lock" a tuner to a specific ECM...no?
__________________
2011 Mustang 3.7L, 6A, MCA Pkg, Ingot Silver w/ Stone

Perf Mods: FRPP 3.73 Gears, 87 Octane Performance Tune from BAMA, Airaid CAI, Magnaflow Comp Axle-backs
Ext Mods: Lower chrome billet grille, Tint
Upcoming Mods: Lowering springs
illestdomer2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 03:49 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular
 
avengnd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Stafford
Region: Virginia
Posts: 1,643
I'd go back to the dealer and let them know if you are having issues. This should be a no brainer for dealer.
__________________
~ Alan Mustang Livin' and www.mustanglivin.com
2014 Shelby GT500
avengnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 07:22 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular
 
illestdomer2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Region: Georgia
Posts: 723
Re: Just pulled the trigger on a tuner :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by avengnd View Post
I'd go back to the dealer and let them know if you are having issues. This should be a no brainer for dealer.
I am expecting a call from them tomorrow re: sweet engine smell under hard acceleration. I will try to confirm before then whether or not the speedo is accurate.
__________________
2011 Mustang 3.7L, 6A, MCA Pkg, Ingot Silver w/ Stone

Perf Mods: FRPP 3.73 Gears, 87 Octane Performance Tune from BAMA, Airaid CAI, Magnaflow Comp Axle-backs
Ext Mods: Lower chrome billet grille, Tint
Upcoming Mods: Lowering springs
illestdomer2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 09:14 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular
 
avengnd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Stafford
Region: Virginia
Posts: 1,643
Quote:
Originally Posted by illestdomer2005

I am expecting a call from them tomorrow re: sweet engine smell under hard acceleration. I will try to confirm before then whether or not the speedo is accurate.
Cool. Let us know what they say.
__________________
~ Alan Mustang Livin' and www.mustanglivin.com
2014 Shelby GT500
avengnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 07:18 AM   #60
Registered Member
Regular
 
KATO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Cutler Bay
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,593
Send a message via Yahoo to KATO
Re: Just pulled the trigger on a tuner :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregtommy View Post
yeah for them to update the computer shouldn't take more then a code or an adjustment to one of their settings most likely a ratio of turns of the drive shaft to turns of the axle for them to string u like that is kind of a raw deal. I will find out how the dealer is around here in the next month or so because i am looking to get 373s put in my GT but yeah agree it should have been part of the package because I honestly beleive that any time a dealer does work the the speedo is off they are liable.
I agree with "Gregtommy", about the Dealership would/should have adjustted speedo when they changed the Gears, otherwise that Falls on them and I don't think they would take that chance. That guy that told your wife that funny Info, may have just been looking for reasons to talk to your wife. The guy that did the actual work is the one to talk to. LOL.
__________________
07 GT. SCT: CUSTOM TUNE by "MUSTANG SPECIALTIES". LMR: GEN2 2010 STYLE HEADLIGHTS, RAXIOM: 2010 SMOKED COYOTE TAIL LIGHTS, WHEELS: STAGGERED WHL 22X8.5F-22X10R.
KATO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 10:17 AM   #61
Registered Member
Regular
 
illestdomer2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Region: Georgia
Posts: 723
Re: Just pulled the trigger on a tuner :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KATO View Post
I agree with "Gregtommy", about the Dealership would/should have adjustted speedo when they changed the Gears, otherwise that Falls on them and I don't think they would take that chance. That guy that told your wife that funny Info, may have just been looking for reasons to talk to your wife. The guy that did the actual work is the one to talk to. LOL.
Ha, I wouldn't put it past them...I think they were all jealous that the Mrs. bought "car stuff" for our anniversary
__________________
2011 Mustang 3.7L, 6A, MCA Pkg, Ingot Silver w/ Stone

Perf Mods: FRPP 3.73 Gears, 87 Octane Performance Tune from BAMA, Airaid CAI, Magnaflow Comp Axle-backs
Ext Mods: Lower chrome billet grille, Tint
Upcoming Mods: Lowering springs
illestdomer2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 02:02 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular
 
gregtommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: Washington
Posts: 1,462
Send a message via AIM to gregtommy Send a message via Skype™ to gregtommy
Yeah and I am disappointed ur lady doesn't come with a sister jk
__________________
MOTM DEC 2011
Base SC Dyno 595rwhp/493rwtrq
Refined Tune 608rwhp/504rwtrq


Mustang history started with a 2000 v6, 2003 GT, 2007 GT, 2011 GT, all Black(coincidence)
gregtommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 09:17 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular
 
illestdomer2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Region: Georgia
Posts: 723
Re: Just pulled the trigger on a tuner :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregtommy View Post
Yeah and I am disappointed ur lady doesn't come with a sister jk
She's a one-of-a-kind!

I found out today that the smell that I get under hard acceleration is related to the catalytic converters. Apparently, it is normal and nothing to be concerned about.

So, I'll be loading up the tune tomorrow!
__________________
2011 Mustang 3.7L, 6A, MCA Pkg, Ingot Silver w/ Stone

Perf Mods: FRPP 3.73 Gears, 87 Octane Performance Tune from BAMA, Airaid CAI, Magnaflow Comp Axle-backs
Ext Mods: Lower chrome billet grille, Tint
Upcoming Mods: Lowering springs
illestdomer2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 05:24 AM   #64
Registered Member
Regular
 
avengnd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Stafford
Region: Virginia
Posts: 1,643
Re: Just pulled the trigger on a tuner :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by illestdomer2005 View Post
She's a one-of-a-kind!

I found out today that the smell that I get under hard acceleration is related to the catalytic converters. Apparently, it is normal and nothing to be concerned about.

So, I'll be loading up the tune tomorrow!
Nice, good to know you finally got that done. What did they say about the speedometer?
__________________
~ Alan Mustang Livin' and www.mustanglivin.com
2014 Shelby GT500
avengnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 12:17 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular
 
illestdomer2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Region: Georgia
Posts: 723
Quote:
Originally Posted by avengnd

Nice, good to know you finally got that done. What did they say about the speedometer?
Confirmed what I assumed: can only change it between 2.73 and 3.31; so, they also tried to compensate by inputting different size tires. But it's still about 3mph high.

Tuning today though!
__________________
2011 Mustang 3.7L, 6A, MCA Pkg, Ingot Silver w/ Stone

Perf Mods: FRPP 3.73 Gears, 87 Octane Performance Tune from BAMA, Airaid CAI, Magnaflow Comp Axle-backs
Ext Mods: Lower chrome billet grille, Tint
Upcoming Mods: Lowering springs
illestdomer2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 01:57 PM   #66
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular
 
SpectorV's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Alabama
Posts: 26,049
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
Re: Just pulled the trigger on a tuner :)

make sure the tune modifies the params that they already set else you may be way off on MPH, hopefully it will all work out
__________________
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 02:00 PM   #67
Registered Member
Regular
 
illestdomer2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Region: Georgia
Posts: 723
Re: Just pulled the trigger on a tuner :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV View Post
make sure the tune modifies the params that they already set else you may be way off on MPH, hopefully it will all work out
Doesn't the new tune, which asked for my tire size, just completely overwrite what's on there right now?
__________________
2011 Mustang 3.7L, 6A, MCA Pkg, Ingot Silver w/ Stone

Perf Mods: FRPP 3.73 Gears, 87 Octane Performance Tune from BAMA, Airaid CAI, Magnaflow Comp Axle-backs
Ext Mods: Lower chrome billet grille, Tint
Upcoming Mods: Lowering springs
illestdomer2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 06:48 PM   #68
Registered Member
Regular
 
avengnd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Stafford
Region: Virginia
Posts: 1,643
Re: Just pulled the trigger on a tuner :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by illestdomer2005 View Post
Confirmed what I assumed: can only change it between 2.73 and 3.31; so, they also tried to compensate by inputting different size tires. But it's still about 3mph high.

Tuning today though!
That still doesn't make sense to me, but oh well. I hope the tune works out, I look forward to hearing about it.
__________________
~ Alan Mustang Livin' and www.mustanglivin.com
2014 Shelby GT500
avengnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 10:02 PM   #69
Registered Member
Regular
 
goherd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 79
The sct tuner does not go by tire size but by revolutions per min.
goherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 10:13 PM   #70
Registered Member
Regular
 
illestdomer2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Region: Georgia
Posts: 723
Re: Just pulled the trigger on a tuner :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by goherd View Post
The sct tuner does not go by tire size but by revolutions per min.
All I know is BAMA asked for the rear tire size.
__________________
2011 Mustang 3.7L, 6A, MCA Pkg, Ingot Silver w/ Stone

Perf Mods: FRPP 3.73 Gears, 87 Octane Performance Tune from BAMA, Airaid CAI, Magnaflow Comp Axle-backs
Ext Mods: Lower chrome billet grille, Tint
Upcoming Mods: Lowering springs
illestdomer2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Procal Ford Tuner and K&N filter? dailey 2011-2014 Mustang GT 9 07-15-2011 02:40 PM
New jlt carbon fiber cai/ sct tuner (bama tuned) coming tomorrow i cannot wait...lol godsdisciple85 2011-2014 Mustang GT 4 06-28-2011 05:00 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



12:12 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.