Just pulled the trigger on a tuner :) - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-12-2011, 10:30 PM   #71
Registered Member
Regular
 
goherd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 79
Yeah they will. But if you look through thR tuner itself under tire size you will

---------- Post added at 03:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:27 AM ----------

Sorry hit wrong button. But in the tuner you will see under tire size numbers for revolutions per min. I believe for my tire size I needed 765. I tweaked with the settings they sent me to get my speedometer really close. Mine was off roughly 3-5mph before I made adjustments with my gps on my phone.
goherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-18-2011, 08:19 AM   #72
Registered Member
Regular
 
avengnd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Stafford
Region: Virginia
Posts: 1,643
What's the latest on the tune?
__________________
~ Alan Mustang Livin' and www.mustanglivin.com
2014 Shelby GT500
avengnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 07:02 PM   #73
Registered Member
Regular
 
illestdomer2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Region: Georgia
Posts: 723
Re: Just pulled the trigger on a tuner :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by avengnd View Post
What's the latest on the tune?
Not having great luck so far. Two tunes down, two tunes with pinging between 4,000 - 5,000 RPMs.

On the whole, I haven't been overwhelmingly impressed with BAMA's customer service. One guy was pretty helpful last night, but then today when I called to ask about an adjustment, I got one of the guys who basically told me not to worry about my A/F running too lean and that I needed to manually adjust the spark rather than them sending out a bunch of new tunes every time.

I just pulled one degree of spark and will test tomorrow to see if that helps with the pinging, but I honestly expected a little better customer service. Chris Rose and Chris Young seem to be great representatives on this board, but I can't say that BAMA customer service is on the same level.
__________________
2011 Mustang 3.7L, 6A, MCA Pkg, Ingot Silver w/ Stone

Perf Mods: FRPP 3.73 Gears, 87 Octane Performance Tune from BAMA, Airaid CAI, Magnaflow Comp Axle-backs
Ext Mods: Lower chrome billet grille, Tint
Upcoming Mods: Lowering springs
illestdomer2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-19-2011, 07:49 AM   #74
Registered Member
Regular
 
KATO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Cutler Bay
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,593
Send a message via Yahoo to KATO
Re: Just pulled the trigger on a tuner :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by illestdomer2005 View Post
Not having great luck so far. Two tunes down, two tunes with pinging between 4,000 - 5,000 RPMs.

On the whole, I haven't been overwhelmingly impressed with BAMA's customer service. One guy was pretty helpful last night, but then today when I called to ask about an adjustment, I got one of the guys who basically told me not to worry about my A/F running too lean and that I needed to manually adjust the spark rather than them sending out a bunch of new tunes every time.

I just pulled one degree of spark and will test tomorrow to see if that helps with the pinging, but I honestly expected a little better customer service. Chris Rose and Chris Young seem to be great representatives on this board, but I can't say that BAMA customer service is on the same level.
I'm not gonna beat this down because I know you have heard this many, many times, but the stuff you are going thru, is the main reason why I got mine "Custom Tuned" in a shop, that does HP on Mustangs. And in that process, I was able to hear and see myself, the different Tunes and personally know which Tune the Tuner programed and why he programed the particular one.
__________________
07 GT. SCT: CUSTOM TUNE by "MUSTANG SPECIALTIES". LMR: GEN2 2010 STYLE HEADLIGHTS, RAXIOM: 2010 SMOKED COYOTE TAIL LIGHTS, WHEELS: STAGGERED WHL 22X8.5F-22X10R.
KATO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 11:33 AM   #75
Registered Member
Regular
 
illestdomer2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Region: Georgia
Posts: 723
Re: Just pulled the trigger on a tuner :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KATO View Post
I'm not gonna beat this down because I know you have heard this many, many times, but the stuff you are going thru, is the main reason why I got mine "Custom Tuned" in a shop, that does HP on Mustangs. And in that process, I was able to hear and see myself, the different Tunes and personally know which Tune the Tuner programed and why he programed the particular one.
I am thinking of going that route, KATO. The guy who would be tuning mine has been working on Mustangs for like 25 years. The dude knows his sh*t and is regularly working on GTs, Cobras, etc. I guess my only reservation might simply be his familiarity with V6s, especially this new 3.7L.

How much should a custom tune cost though? This guy charges $250 for three tunes, and he doesn't use a dyno but claims he doesn't have to just with experience, I guess.
__________________
2011 Mustang 3.7L, 6A, MCA Pkg, Ingot Silver w/ Stone

Perf Mods: FRPP 3.73 Gears, 87 Octane Performance Tune from BAMA, Airaid CAI, Magnaflow Comp Axle-backs
Ext Mods: Lower chrome billet grille, Tint
Upcoming Mods: Lowering springs
illestdomer2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 11:36 AM   #76
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular
 
SpectorV's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Alabama
Posts: 26,049
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
Re: Just pulled the trigger on a tuner :)

if you dont use a dyno and you dont check A/F dont let them tune your car.. as I have NO idea how they even would come up with information needed to tune the car....
__________________
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 11:50 AM   #77
Registered Member
Regular
 
illestdomer2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Region: Georgia
Posts: 723
Re: Just pulled the trigger on a tuner :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV View Post
if you dont use a dyno and you dont check A/F dont let them tune your car.. as I have NO idea how they even would come up with information needed to tune the car....
Sorry...I should've said that he uses wideband sensor monitors before and after cats, IIRC. I don't have any doubt about his skills...I am more concerned about whether or not his price is fair.
__________________
2011 Mustang 3.7L, 6A, MCA Pkg, Ingot Silver w/ Stone

Perf Mods: FRPP 3.73 Gears, 87 Octane Performance Tune from BAMA, Airaid CAI, Magnaflow Comp Axle-backs
Ext Mods: Lower chrome billet grille, Tint
Upcoming Mods: Lowering springs
illestdomer2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 01:46 PM   #78
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular
 
SpectorV's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Alabama
Posts: 26,049
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
Re: Just pulled the trigger on a tuner :)

I paid 100 bucks for 3 tunes for mine (email tunes, using data logs and a local dyno (cost to me for dyno was 75 for two pulls had to have two sessions). He had free support to dial in the tunes for 8 weeks.

Tuner 380.00
Tunes 100.00
Dyno time 150.00
__________________
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 02:55 PM   #79
Registered Member
Regular
 
illestdomer2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Region: Georgia
Posts: 723
Re: Just pulled the trigger on a tuner :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV View Post
I paid 100 bucks for 3 tunes for mine (email tunes, using data logs and a local dyno (cost to me for dyno was 75 for two pulls had to have two sessions). He had free support to dial in the tunes for 8 weeks.

Tuner 380.00
Tunes 100.00
Dyno time 150.00
Not bad. I'd love to put it on a dyno as well as have a professional actually listen to it as opposed to my n00b ear!

I just finished some datalogging though. Does this look like anything knock-tastic?

__________________
2011 Mustang 3.7L, 6A, MCA Pkg, Ingot Silver w/ Stone

Perf Mods: FRPP 3.73 Gears, 87 Octane Performance Tune from BAMA, Airaid CAI, Magnaflow Comp Axle-backs
Ext Mods: Lower chrome billet grille, Tint
Upcoming Mods: Lowering springs
illestdomer2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 08:49 PM   #80
Registered Member
Regular
 
avengnd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Stafford
Region: Virginia
Posts: 1,643
Re: Just pulled the trigger on a tuner :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by illestdomer2005 View Post
Not having great luck so far. Two tunes down, two tunes with pinging between 4,000 - 5,000 RPMs.

On the whole, I haven't been overwhelmingly impressed with BAMA's customer service. One guy was pretty helpful last night, but then today when I called to ask about an adjustment, I got one of the guys who basically told me not to worry about my A/F running too lean and that I needed to manually adjust the spark rather than them sending out a bunch of new tunes every time.

I just pulled one degree of spark and will test tomorrow to see if that helps with the pinging, but I honestly expected a little better customer service. Chris Rose and Chris Young seem to be great representatives on this board, but I can't say that BAMA customer service is on the same level.
That really sucks and goes against everything I have read about these guys. Keep us posted, I hope it gets resolved.
__________________
~ Alan Mustang Livin' and www.mustanglivin.com
2014 Shelby GT500
avengnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 10:52 PM   #81
Registered Member
Regular
 
illestdomer2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Region: Georgia
Posts: 723
Re: Just pulled the trigger on a tuner :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by avengnd View Post
That really sucks and goes against everything I have read about these guys. Keep us posted, I hope it gets resolved.
It has been better today. I think it was just one dude who was having a bad day, but I had talked to him before, and he didn't seem to care that much then either.

I've talked to two guys since (Eric and Jim) who've been great though. I won't bust out the guy who was curt -- his name isn't actually Curt -- but I'm glad he wasn't my only experience with BAMA.
__________________
2011 Mustang 3.7L, 6A, MCA Pkg, Ingot Silver w/ Stone

Perf Mods: FRPP 3.73 Gears, 87 Octane Performance Tune from BAMA, Airaid CAI, Magnaflow Comp Axle-backs
Ext Mods: Lower chrome billet grille, Tint
Upcoming Mods: Lowering springs
illestdomer2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 07:11 AM   #82
Registered Member
Regular
 
avengnd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Stafford
Region: Virginia
Posts: 1,643
Quote:
Originally Posted by illestdomer2005

It has been better today. I think it was just one dude who was having a bad day, but I had talked to him before, and he didn't seem to care that much then either.

I've talked to two guys since (Eric and Jim) who've been great though. I won't bust out the guy who was curt -- his name isn't actually Curt -- but I'm glad he wasn't my only experience with BAMA.
Great to hear. I guess we can all have bad days. Hopefully you get it going, I'm really curious to hear it all runs once you have the right tune.
__________________
~ Alan Mustang Livin' and www.mustanglivin.com
2014 Shelby GT500
avengnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 09:28 AM   #83
Registered Member
Regular
 
illestdomer2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Region: Georgia
Posts: 723
Re: Just pulled the trigger on a tuner :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by avengnd View Post
Great to hear. I guess we can all have bad days. Hopefully you get it going, I'm really curious to hear it all runs once you have the right tune.
Some people elsewhere are suggesting that some pinging happens all the time. Am I crazy to think that ANY audible pinging is bad news?
__________________
2011 Mustang 3.7L, 6A, MCA Pkg, Ingot Silver w/ Stone

Perf Mods: FRPP 3.73 Gears, 87 Octane Performance Tune from BAMA, Airaid CAI, Magnaflow Comp Axle-backs
Ext Mods: Lower chrome billet grille, Tint
Upcoming Mods: Lowering springs
illestdomer2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 06:22 PM   #84
Registered Member
Regular
 
avengnd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Stafford
Region: Virginia
Posts: 1,643
Re: Just pulled the trigger on a tuner :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by illestdomer2005 View Post
Some people elsewhere are suggesting that some pinging happens all the time. Am I crazy to think that ANY audible pinging is bad news?
I would think so. And now what do you do? Can you restore it back to factory settings and if so does that correct the pinging?
__________________
~ Alan Mustang Livin' and www.mustanglivin.com
2014 Shelby GT500
avengnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 06:36 PM   #85
Registered Member
Regular
 
illestdomer2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Region: Georgia
Posts: 723
Re: Just pulled the trigger on a tuner :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by avengnd View Post
I would think so. And now what do you do? Can you restore it back to factory settings and if so does that correct the pinging?
Yep. Just flashed the car back to stock and will wait for new tune from BAMA. I Think they're supposed to have the lead technician look at my logs.
__________________
2011 Mustang 3.7L, 6A, MCA Pkg, Ingot Silver w/ Stone

Perf Mods: FRPP 3.73 Gears, 87 Octane Performance Tune from BAMA, Airaid CAI, Magnaflow Comp Axle-backs
Ext Mods: Lower chrome billet grille, Tint
Upcoming Mods: Lowering springs
illestdomer2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 08:07 PM   #86
Registered Member
Regular
 
avengnd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Stafford
Region: Virginia
Posts: 1,643
Quote:
Originally Posted by illestdomer2005

Yep. Just flashed the car back to stock and will wait for new tune from BAMA. I Think they're supposed to have the lead technician look at my logs.
That's great. Hopefully they take care of you. Keep us posted.
__________________
~ Alan Mustang Livin' and www.mustanglivin.com
2014 Shelby GT500
avengnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 06:55 AM   #87
Registered Member
Regular
 
KATO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Cutler Bay
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,593
Send a message via Yahoo to KATO
Re: Just pulled the trigger on a tuner :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KATO View Post
I'm not gonna beat this down because I know you have heard this many, many times, but the stuff you are going thru, is the main reason why I got mine "Custom Tuned" in a shop, that does HP on Mustangs. And in that process, I was able to hear and see myself, the different Tunes and personally know which Tune the Tuner programed and why he programed the particular one.
My Dyno tmes ran me about $150.00, it was two or four of them, can't remember how many. Your prise probably includes the Dyno use and the Tech's workon it. You can always asked them what it includes for that prise.
__________________
07 GT. SCT: CUSTOM TUNE by "MUSTANG SPECIALTIES". LMR: GEN2 2010 STYLE HEADLIGHTS, RAXIOM: 2010 SMOKED COYOTE TAIL LIGHTS, WHEELS: STAGGERED WHL 22X8.5F-22X10R.
KATO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 07:21 AM   #88
Registered Member
Regular
 
illestdomer2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Region: Georgia
Posts: 723
Re: Just pulled the trigger on a tuner :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KATO View Post
My Dyno tmes ran me about $150.00, it was two or four of them, can't remember how many. Your prise probably includes the Dyno use and the Tech's workon it. You can always asked them what it includes for that prise.
That guy quoted me $250 just for the tunes. To my knowledge, there is no dyno time. It was going to be $650 for the tuner + the tunes. So, I had a choice of paying him $650 or paying BAMA $379 ($325 after coupon).

I went with BAMA and hope they get this schtuff figured out. I asked if I should disconnect my battery after uploading a new tune, and the tech said it was unnecessary. Should I?

Also, I just put in some Shell V-Power (93 octane) last night since I was low enough I thought it was ready for some new gas. I also uploaded the 87 tune again to see if that fixes the pinging.

---------- Post added at 12:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by avengnd View Post
I would think so. And now what do you do? Can you restore it back to factory settings and if so does that correct the pinging?
Just flashed back to stock last night and did a couple of WOT runs -- no audible pinging.

Flashed back to 87S tune after putting in about 4 gallons of 93 octane from Shell. Once I run out the rest of this and fill up with 93 again, I'll be ready to try out the hybrid tune.

I still want someone at BAMA to explain my logs to me though.
__________________
2011 Mustang 3.7L, 6A, MCA Pkg, Ingot Silver w/ Stone

Perf Mods: FRPP 3.73 Gears, 87 Octane Performance Tune from BAMA, Airaid CAI, Magnaflow Comp Axle-backs
Ext Mods: Lower chrome billet grille, Tint
Upcoming Mods: Lowering springs
illestdomer2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 07:34 AM   #89
Registered Member
Regular
 
KATO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Cutler Bay
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,593
Send a message via Yahoo to KATO
Re: Just pulled the trigger on a tuner :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by illestdomer2005 View Post
That guy quoted me $250 just for the tunes. To my knowledge, there is no dyno time. It was going to be $650 for the tuner + the tunes. So, I had a choice of paying him $650 or paying BAMA $379 ($325 after coupon).

I went with BAMA and hope they get this schtuff figured out. I asked if I should disconnect my battery after uploading a new tune, and the tech said it was unnecessary. Should I?

Also, I just put in some Shell V-Power (93 octane) last night since I was low enough I thought it was ready for some new gas. I also uploaded the 87 tune again to see if that fixes the pinging.

---------- Post added at 12:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 PM ----------



Just flashed back to stock last night and did a couple of WOT runs -- no audible pinging.

Flashed back to 87S tune after putting in about 4 gallons of 93 octane from Shell. Once I run out the rest of this and fill up with 93 again, I'll be ready to try out the hybrid tune.

I still want someone at BAMA to explain my logs to me though.
$650.00 is not at all a bad price. Personally I would have went with it, but thats past and all you can do is go forward now. And if the Tech tells you it's not neccessary to disconnect, then Don't disconnect.
__________________
07 GT. SCT: CUSTOM TUNE by "MUSTANG SPECIALTIES". LMR: GEN2 2010 STYLE HEADLIGHTS, RAXIOM: 2010 SMOKED COYOTE TAIL LIGHTS, WHEELS: STAGGERED WHL 22X8.5F-22X10R.
KATO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 07:43 AM   #90
Registered Member
Regular
 
illestdomer2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Region: Georgia
Posts: 723
Quote:
Originally Posted by KATO
$650.00 is not at all a bad price. Personally I would have went with it, but thats past and all you can do is go forward now. And if the Tech tells you it's not neccessary to disconnect, then Don't disconnect.
Well, same difference. I'll still come out on top of that original price with the discounted BAMA tuner. I just don't want to have to pay each time I add something!
__________________
2011 Mustang 3.7L, 6A, MCA Pkg, Ingot Silver w/ Stone

Perf Mods: FRPP 3.73 Gears, 87 Octane Performance Tune from BAMA, Airaid CAI, Magnaflow Comp Axle-backs
Ext Mods: Lower chrome billet grille, Tint
Upcoming Mods: Lowering springs
illestdomer2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 07:48 AM   #91
Registered Member
Regular
 
KATO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Cutler Bay
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,593
Send a message via Yahoo to KATO
Re: Just pulled the trigger on a tuner :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by illestdomer2005 View Post
Well, same difference. I'll still come out on top of that original price with the discounted BAMA tuner. I just don't want to have to pay each time I add something!
Should not have to, just ask the shop about that, and if they insist on charging you up the @$$ everytime, then check out their compitition shop.
__________________
07 GT. SCT: CUSTOM TUNE by "MUSTANG SPECIALTIES". LMR: GEN2 2010 STYLE HEADLIGHTS, RAXIOM: 2010 SMOKED COYOTE TAIL LIGHTS, WHEELS: STAGGERED WHL 22X8.5F-22X10R.
KATO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 02:04 PM   #92
Registered Member
Regular
 
illestdomer2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Region: Georgia
Posts: 723
Re: Just pulled the trigger on a tuner :)

93 octane, WOT run on 87S tune = no pinging. Now, I wonder if I would've gotten pinging with 87 octane from Shell instead of Chevron?

So many variables, so little time...and money.
__________________
2011 Mustang 3.7L, 6A, MCA Pkg, Ingot Silver w/ Stone

Perf Mods: FRPP 3.73 Gears, 87 Octane Performance Tune from BAMA, Airaid CAI, Magnaflow Comp Axle-backs
Ext Mods: Lower chrome billet grille, Tint
Upcoming Mods: Lowering springs
illestdomer2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 08:07 AM   #93
Registered Member
Regular
 
KATO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Cutler Bay
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,593
Send a message via Yahoo to KATO
Re: Just pulled the trigger on a tuner :)

So you got an 87 Tune and now you running 93 Octane with it? I don't believe it's the Chevron gas, did you use some other Brand of gas before? some low quality brand name??
__________________
07 GT. SCT: CUSTOM TUNE by "MUSTANG SPECIALTIES". LMR: GEN2 2010 STYLE HEADLIGHTS, RAXIOM: 2010 SMOKED COYOTE TAIL LIGHTS, WHEELS: STAGGERED WHL 22X8.5F-22X10R.
KATO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 03:44 PM   #94
Registered Member
Regular
 
illestdomer2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Region: Georgia
Posts: 723
Re: Just pulled the trigger on a tuner :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KATO View Post
So you got an 87 Tune and now you running 93 Octane with it? I don't believe it's the Chevron gas, did you use some other Brand of gas before? some low quality brand name??
I can't remember filling it up with off-brand gas, but I usually don't go to the same gas station every time. It might be Shell one time, Chevron the next. Now, I know my wife drove it a while ago, and I don't know what she put in it.

All that aside, I got a new tune from BAMA that I will be trying out as well.
__________________
2011 Mustang 3.7L, 6A, MCA Pkg, Ingot Silver w/ Stone

Perf Mods: FRPP 3.73 Gears, 87 Octane Performance Tune from BAMA, Airaid CAI, Magnaflow Comp Axle-backs
Ext Mods: Lower chrome billet grille, Tint
Upcoming Mods: Lowering springs
illestdomer2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 07:11 AM   #95
Registered Member
Regular
 
KATO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Cutler Bay
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,593
Send a message via Yahoo to KATO
Re: Just pulled the trigger on a tuner :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by illestdomer2005 View Post
I can't remember filling it up with off-brand gas, but I usually don't go to the same gas station every time. It might be Shell one time, Chevron the next. Now, I know my wife drove it a while ago, and I don't know what she put in it.

All that aside, I got a new tune from BAMA that I will be trying out as well.
I bet, she went to some cheap gas station, and got some gas that was waterd down, probably did not tell you cause most of them do not know the difference or the importance of different gas or types/grade of gas.
__________________
07 GT. SCT: CUSTOM TUNE by "MUSTANG SPECIALTIES". LMR: GEN2 2010 STYLE HEADLIGHTS, RAXIOM: 2010 SMOKED COYOTE TAIL LIGHTS, WHEELS: STAGGERED WHL 22X8.5F-22X10R.
KATO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 07:29 AM   #96
Registered Member
Regular
 
illestdomer2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Region: Georgia
Posts: 723
Quote:
Originally Posted by KATO
I bet, she went to some cheap gas station, and got some gas that was waterd down, probably did not tell you cause most of them do not know the difference or the importance of different gas or types/grade of gas.
Well, there is a Flying J that we frequently stopped at with my Honda or her Contour. I wouldn't be surprised if their gas were less than sterling, and I imagine she filled up there. Still, it was never a problem until the tune.

FWIW, Chris Rose said he only recommends Shell, Sunoco, and Exxon.
__________________
2011 Mustang 3.7L, 6A, MCA Pkg, Ingot Silver w/ Stone

Perf Mods: FRPP 3.73 Gears, 87 Octane Performance Tune from BAMA, Airaid CAI, Magnaflow Comp Axle-backs
Ext Mods: Lower chrome billet grille, Tint
Upcoming Mods: Lowering springs
illestdomer2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 07:40 AM   #97
Registered Member
Regular
 
KATO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Cutler Bay
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,593
Send a message via Yahoo to KATO
Re: Just pulled the trigger on a tuner :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by illestdomer2005 View Post
Well, there is a Flying J that we frequently stopped at with my Honda or her Contour. I wouldn't be surprised if their gas were less than sterling, and I imagine she filled up there. Still, it was never a problem until the tune.

FWIW, Chris Rose said he only recommends Shell, Sunoco, and Exxon.
"Tuning" makes the car more sensitive and responsive to things than before. So may may be just notising it more now than before. Ex. when people use 87 Octane all the time, then all of a sudden use 93 Octane and discover a big difference in performance. Your car may just be more sensitive now, than it was before the Tune.
__________________
07 GT. SCT: CUSTOM TUNE by "MUSTANG SPECIALTIES". LMR: GEN2 2010 STYLE HEADLIGHTS, RAXIOM: 2010 SMOKED COYOTE TAIL LIGHTS, WHEELS: STAGGERED WHL 22X8.5F-22X10R.
KATO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 11:28 PM   #98
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
Re: Just pulled the trigger on a tuner :)

Unless you've got a heavy mod list (heads, cams, power adders, etc.) on your Stang then getting a custom tune from a shop or other wise is just a wast of time and money!!... They won't net you any more real power gains then what a mail order tune from Diablo, SCT., etc. will. I got a buddy who has the same year and model Stang as me, with the same mods but has a custom tune. He is .2 secounds faster then me but he also has gears and I'm still stock on that!..
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 06:34 AM   #99
Registered Member
Regular
 
KATO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Cutler Bay
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,593
Send a message via Yahoo to KATO
Re: Just pulled the trigger on a tuner :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner View Post
Unless you've got a heavy mod list (heads, cams, power adders, etc.) on your Stang then getting a custom tune from a shop or other wise is just a wast of time and money!!... They won't net you any more real power gains then what a mail order tune from Diablo, SCT., etc. will. I got a buddy who has the same year and model Stang as me, with the same mods but has a custom tune. He is .2 secounds faster then me but he also has gears and I'm still stock on that!..
The Gears Do make a big difference.
__________________
07 GT. SCT: CUSTOM TUNE by "MUSTANG SPECIALTIES". LMR: GEN2 2010 STYLE HEADLIGHTS, RAXIOM: 2010 SMOKED COYOTE TAIL LIGHTS, WHEELS: STAGGERED WHL 22X8.5F-22X10R.
KATO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 07:39 AM   #100
Registered Member
Regular
 
illestdomer2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Region: Georgia
Posts: 723
Quote:
Originally Posted by KATO
The Gears Do make a big difference.
Got the gears, love the gears!
__________________
2011 Mustang 3.7L, 6A, MCA Pkg, Ingot Silver w/ Stone

Perf Mods: FRPP 3.73 Gears, 87 Octane Performance Tune from BAMA, Airaid CAI, Magnaflow Comp Axle-backs
Ext Mods: Lower chrome billet grille, Tint
Upcoming Mods: Lowering springs
illestdomer2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 07:44 AM   #101
Registered Member
Regular
 
KATO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Cutler Bay
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,593
Send a message via Yahoo to KATO
Re: Just pulled the trigger on a tuner :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by illestdomer2005 View Post
Got the gears, love the gears!
I know, amazing isn't it?
__________________
07 GT. SCT: CUSTOM TUNE by "MUSTANG SPECIALTIES". LMR: GEN2 2010 STYLE HEADLIGHTS, RAXIOM: 2010 SMOKED COYOTE TAIL LIGHTS, WHEELS: STAGGERED WHL 22X8.5F-22X10R.
KATO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 07:46 AM   #102
Registered Member
Regular
 
illestdomer2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Region: Georgia
Posts: 723
Quote:
Originally Posted by KATO
I know, amazing isn't it?
Bad thing is what it does to my MPGs...I just can't keep my foot out of it!
__________________
2011 Mustang 3.7L, 6A, MCA Pkg, Ingot Silver w/ Stone

Perf Mods: FRPP 3.73 Gears, 87 Octane Performance Tune from BAMA, Airaid CAI, Magnaflow Comp Axle-backs
Ext Mods: Lower chrome billet grille, Tint
Upcoming Mods: Lowering springs
illestdomer2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 08:21 AM   #103
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
Re: Just pulled the trigger on a tuner :)

I know the gears make a difference!.. Just talking about the tune!.. Customs vs Mail order on an pretty much stock car really does not make that much a difference!.. From what I've seen and heard... A custom tune on a stock car generally results in problems with the tune not working right with the car... If you have a fairly stock car you are better off getting a mail order tune and then updating your tune as you upgrade your car... I got my Diablo Sport Preditor 4 years ago and have had zero problems with it... And I got it with the mail order tune on it... And BAMA I've heard some good about but I've also heard alot of bad!.. Perennially I would not have gone with them!..

Just my .02
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 08:21 AM   #104
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular
 
SpectorV's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Alabama
Posts: 26,049
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
Re: Just pulled the trigger on a tuner :)

my first round of tuning I had bad gas... even though it was from a good place... after that was out of the system worked much better.
__________________
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 08:33 AM   #105
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
Re: Just pulled the trigger on a tuner :)

If I eat some chili I usually end up with some bad gas but that is beside the point!.. Lol.
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Procal Ford Tuner and K&N filter? dailey 2011-2014 Mustang GT 9 07-15-2011 02:40 PM
New jlt carbon fiber cai/ sct tuner (bama tuned) coming tomorrow i cannot wait...lol godsdisciple85 2011-2014 Mustang GT 4 06-28-2011 05:00 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



12:41 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.