New 2012 V6! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-03-2011, 03:31 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
New 2012 V6!

Hey guys I'm new to the forum.. Being that I just bought a new Mustang I figured I would join to get some insight!

The car has the Performance package along with custom katzkin cream leather upholstery.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0073.jpg
Views:	419
Size:	1.52 MB
ID:	29828   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0074.jpg
Views:	451
Size:	1.44 MB
ID:	29829  

Name:	IMAG0075.jpg
Views:	475
Size:	998.0 KB
ID:	29830  
Mayhem48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-03-2011, 03:36 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
Re: New 2012 V6!

welcome! did the dealer do the add on for the interior?
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 03:50 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois

sweet ride, i knew that there was reason katz were put on this earth!

work in progress...
2002 v6, Dual Flowmasters, SCT SF3/X3 Tuner, AM CAI....
next up lowering, gears...
shaqfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-03-2011, 04:17 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

When I say "new" I mean new for me, although it is still pretty much brand new. There was one previous owner (evidently Francisco Cervelli of the Yankees) who put 1,200 miles on car and he re-did the interior.

2012, Performance Package, C&L CAI, Magnaflow catbacks, Katzkin Cream leather interior
Old 08-03-2011, 05:37 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia

That looks hot! Welcome!

Perf Mods: FRPP 3.73 Gears, 87 Octane Performance Tune from BAMA, Airaid CAI, Magnaflow Comp Axle-backs
Ext Mods: Lower chrome billet grille, Tint
Upcoming Mods: Lowering springs
illestdomer2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 05:53 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia

Nice ride, love the interior.
Old 08-04-2011, 08:16 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Very nice car! Interior looks sweet, especially with the black exterior. I think its pretty cool that the previous owner was a Yankee (I'm a Yankee fan lol).

Welcome to the forum!

*SOLD* 2012 GT Premium, Black on Black, 3.55 Axle, HID and Security Package, Pypes Pype Bomb Axle Backs
skyline247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 09:50 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Send a message via AIM to gregtommy Send a message via Skype™ to gregtommy
Welcome and yeah the interior looks great. Almost a classic feel with the cream. What kind of mods r u thinking of starting out with

Mustang history started with a 2000 v6, 2003 GT, 2007 GT, 2011 GT, all Black(coincidence)
gregtommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 11:28 AM   #9
A.K.A. Baby-D!

Region: Louisiana

welcome! nice stang!
Previous:
2004 V6--my first pony
1988 GT--July 2010 MOTM
04TRV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 08:07 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma

Love the performance package! Nice car!

2011 Race Red v6, performance package
Hal3st0rm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 08:29 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregtommy View Post
Welcome and yeah the interior looks great. Almost a classic feel with the cream. What kind of mods r u thinking of starting out with
Thanks! I never thought of the classic feel but now that you mention it I agree!

I'm thinking of starting out with a cat-back exhaust system, right now my eyes are on the magnaflow street series. Also I heard from someone you shouldn't do an exhaust system without a cold air intake. Is that true? I plan on getting one anyway but I'm just wondering. Not sure what kind yet either.

Other than that I want to get the gt500 diffuser, oem fog lights and hid conversion kits for the headlights and fogs. I just ordered a black billet grille. And when that's all said and done I'm going to look into getting a flat black racing stripe down the middle (i believe its the saleen style? Not sure.)

Any suggestions or tips would be helpful and very much appreciated!
Old 08-05-2011, 09:21 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Send a message via AIM to gregtommy Send a message via Skype™ to gregtommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem48

Thanks! I never thought of the classic feel but now that you mention it I agree!

I'm thinking of starting out with a cat-back exhaust system, right now my eyes are on the magnaflow street series. Also I heard from someone you shouldn't do an exhaust system without a cold air intake. Is that true? I plan on getting one anyway but I'm just wondering. Not sure what kind yet either.

Other than that I want to get the gt500 diffuser, oem fog lights and hid conversion kits for the headlights and fogs. I just ordered a black billet grille. And when that's all said and done I'm going to look into getting a flat black racing stripe down the middle (i believe its the saleen style? Not sure.)

The whole concept with exhaust and cold air intake mods is air in air out. The more air u take in and less restrictive the exhaust is the better flow you have. I have ran both intakes and exhaust without the other and it's fine it isn't going to cause any problems but to take full advantage of what you have it helps to do both. I would look into how restrictive the cats are on ur car do a little research on Google.

The only other thing I would add to your list is lowering springs gives the car a little meaner look

Mustang history started with a 2000 v6, 2003 GT, 2007 GT, 2011 GT, all Black(coincidence)
gregtommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 09:23 PM   #13

Region: Kansas
Quote:

Mayhem,
I have my V6 with pony package on order. I love everything about the pony package except I like the MCA grille better. You said you are getting a black billet grille. Have you checked them out yet or know how easy it is to swap?
ADollinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 07:21 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADollinger

Mayhem,
I have my V6 with pony package on order. I love everything about the pony package except I like the MCA grille better. You said you are getting a black billet grille. Have you checked them out yet or know how easy it is to swap?
Matter of fact I do, I just installed the pony delete grille last week. For the pony delete, the directions said I had to cut out the pony emblem on the original grille in order to be able to lay the billet grille properly over it. As much as I didn't want to do that, I saw no other way around it. And I won't lie, it was a bit nerve racking taking a razor knife to my new car. The plastic is thick so be sure to use a sharp razor. That was the biggest pain but other than that it is very straight forward. But I've heard you can't put a billet grille on the pony package grille because of the horizontal bars on it. But I imagine if u have enough nerve to tear those off too then you should be able to install it no problem.

Anyways, I just installed a C&L cold air intake today...took it for a test drive and I've definitely seen a difference in throttle response and the tune of the exhaust. The intake makes a slight whistling noise over 2500-3000 rpms and also when letting off the clutch when I'm accelerating through gears. I've never had a CAI before so I'm wondering if this is normal? It sounds good, I'm just wondering if it should be expected.

Installing cat-back Magnaflow street series exhaust tomorrow
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-2672581319.png
Views:	214
Size:	126.8 KB
ID:	30125   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1212946.png
Views:	230
Size:	762.0 KB
ID:	30126  

2012, Performance Package, C&L CAI, Magnaflow catbacks, Katzkin Cream leather interior
Old 08-10-2011, 08:50 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:

Matter of fact I do, I just installed the pony delete grille last week. For the pony delete, the directions said I had to cut out the pony emblem on the original grille in order to be able to lay the billet grille properly over it. As much as I didn't want to do that, I saw no other way around it. And I won't lie, it was a bit nerve racking taking a razor knife to my new car. The plastic is thick so be sure to use a sharp razor. That was the biggest pain but other than that it is very straight forward. But I've heard you can't put a billet grille on the pony package grille because of the horizontal bars on it. But I imagine if u have enough nerve to tear those off too then you should be able to install it no problem.

Anyways, I just installed a C&L cold air intake today...took it for a test drive and I've definitely seen a difference in throttle response and the tune of the exhaust. The intake makes a slight whistling noise over 2500-3000 rpms and also when letting off the clutch when I'm accelerating through gears. I've never had a CAI before so I'm wondering if this is normal? It sounds good, I'm just wondering if it should be expected.

I have the same CAI and it does the same thing it appears to be normal other folks that have it have also mentioned it. Did you do the CAI with tune?

---------- Post added at 01:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:49 AM ----------

Quote:

By the way I have the same setup under my hood with the strut bar and plenum cover.
Old 08-10-2011, 09:01 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

No I didn't do a tune. It was advertised on Americanmuscle.com as no tune required and the C&L site also said a tune would not increase the airflow capacity.

http://www.cnlperformance.com/2011GT.html

Old 08-10-2011, 11:19 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem48 View Post
No I didn't do a tune. It was advertised on Americanmuscle.com as no tune required and the C&L site also said a tune would not increase the airflow capacity.

C&L Air Intake System for the 2011 Mustang
It won't increase the airflow, but won't it better use it?

Perf Mods: FRPP 3.73 Gears, 87 Octane Performance Tune from BAMA, Airaid CAI, Magnaflow Comp Axle-backs
Old 08-11-2011, 08:29 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

I honestly don't know! I just read on another post that a CAI won't effect the 2012s much without a tune because they already have a cold air induction? But at the same time C&L doesn't recommend a tune, nor do any CAIs for the v6 on AM. Hopefully someone on here with a 2012 with a CAI and tune can give us some insight cuz I'd do a tune if its worth it. Otherwise I'm plenty happy with the sound/look and extra little throttle response it gives.

Old 08-11-2011, 08:36 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

sweeeet
Old 08-11-2011, 11:22 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I have a 2012 V6 mustang w/perf pkg and MT... This has been the big question for me... If the CAI is going to do anything with out the tune..well I just order a CAI from AM and I should be getting it next Tuesday... I'll let you guys know. I do plan to get a tuner later this thu..

Other Pony:
1969 Mustang Coupe w/331 Stroker, 4.11 gears, x-Pipe with Spin techs
DannyDoright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 09:01 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Keep us posted Danny. As for the catbacks I told you guys about...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-117626513.png
Views:	243
Size:	756.2 KB
ID:	30175  

Old 08-11-2011, 09:14 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Well, I will be doing a tune tomorrow sans CAI; so, I can tell you what it feels like the other way around

Sounds to me like the two benefit from each other. Honestly, if adding something doesn't require an adjustment to the settings, what is it really doing in the way of performance? I mean, if it's not putting more air in that can help with the A/F ratio by being cooler/denser or whatever, isn't it just there for looks/sound then?

By the same token, I know a tune can adjust things that were probably programmed for greatest drivability, greatest stability, etc., but I know that you benefit with different hardware too. The only thing I can think of which wouldn't require a tune would be exhaust...where you can increase some flow while not affecting the engine as it's nothing going in.

Old 08-11-2011, 10:55 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by illestdomer2005
Well, I will be doing a tune tomorrow sans CAI; so, I can tell you what it feels like the other way around

Sounds to me like the two benefit from each other. Honestly, if adding something doesn't require an adjustment to the settings, what is it really doing in the way of performance? I mean, if it's not putting more air in that can help with the A/F ratio by being cooler/denser or whatever, isn't it just there for looks/sound then?

By the same token, I know a tune can adjust things that were probably programmed for greatest drivability, greatest stability, etc., but I know that you benefit with different hardware too. The only thing I can think of which wouldn't require a tune would be exhaust...where you can increase some flow while not affecting the engine as it's nothing going in.
I do agree with you... I will a tuner but not right now...the CAI has to do something for you...meaning HP not just the sound... More air means more hp I believe. But I could be wrong... I'll find out when I get my CAI

Other Pony:
Old 08-11-2011, 11:54 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyDoright

I do agree with you... I will a tuner but not right now...the CAI has to do something for you...meaning HP not just the sound... More air means more hp I believe. But I could be wrong... I'll find out when I get my CAI
Just to be clear - I do think it does something...I just think you need a tune for the full potential.

Old 08-11-2011, 11:56 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by illestdomer2005

Just to be clear - I do think it does something...I just think you need a tune for the full potential.
+1 I agree

Other Pony:
Old 08-13-2011, 07:59 PM   #26
tom

Region: Pennsylvania

im new here, Picked up my 2012 MCA 6 last week and still can't get over this car. Fast and beautiful, The Kona blue and stone interior are stunning to look at got the 3:31 rear, After 35oo rpms the car wails.. Getting flow masters next week and a cai soon after. I know it's not a 5.0 and i'm not trying to be one. I still love it..
tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 08:32 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Love the new stang man, for a Yankees player not bad taste at all lol. Interior looks awesome
dlove03mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 12:48 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom
im new here, Picked up my 2012 MCA 6 last week and still can't get over this car. Fast and beautiful, The Kona blue and stone interior are stunning to look at got the 3:31 rear, After 35oo rpms the car wails.. Getting flow masters next week and a cai soon after. I know it's not a 5.0 and i'm not trying to be one. I still love it..
It's not a stigma anymore to have the V6 Stang!

Old 08-14-2011, 08:28 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by illestdomer2005 View Post
It's not a stigma anymore to have the V6 Stang!
True - but anyone wanting a V6 better act soon, as I suspect the V6 in it's current form won't last long, with Ford opting to place an EcoBoost 4cyl for the V6 for even higher economy.
kn7671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 11:21 AM   #30
tom

Region: Pennsylvania

nice car, we love our mca's can't wait to put some magna flows on it soon. Haven't seen a color i don't like, the car freaks me out v6 so what!
tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 11:53 AM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kn7671 View Post
True - but anyone wanting a V6 better act soon, as I suspect the V6 in it's current form won't last long, with Ford opting to place an EcoBoost 4cyl for the V6 for even higher economy.
True...then again, it will just make getting a V8 a no-brainer then, right?

Old 08-17-2011, 09:34 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Yesterday I received my CAI and I installed it. The first thing I notice is that my exhaust sounds louder and better.. I delete my mufflers so my car is pretty loud but good loud. The one thing I was worried about if this would be a wast....Not... It does pull harder and seems smother too. I'm happy!! Next will be a tuner

Other Pony:
Old 08-18-2011, 07:58 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyDoright View Post
Yesterday I received my CAI and I installed it. The first thing I notice is that my exhaust sounds louder and better.. I delete my mufflers so my car is pretty loud but good loud. The one thing I was worried about if this would be a wast....Not... It does pull harder and seems smother too. I'm happy!! Next will be a tuner
Very nice...I want the CAI. So far, the tune has just scared me.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Tags
2012 v6