AM 2011 V6 Mustang Project - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-05-2011, 06:58 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
AM 2011 V6 Mustang Project

Just wondering if anyone is following this and what their thoughts are on it? Seems pretty cool, not sure I like all the appearance mods, but the performance mods look good. I figure a total around 10k for everything give or take.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2011, 08:22 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Send a message via AIM to gregtommy Send a message via Skype™ to gregtommy
Re: AM 2011 V6 Mustang Project

I have been keeping track of it and yeah it looks about right although if you have the pro charger installed its going to cost a little more and then if you have the gears installed that would be your next priciest thing that will probably ring in at about 600 bucks everything else should be cheaper and easy to install after that. The car is fast sounds like an 8 cylinder on the track passes
gregtommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 08:59 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

I was including the procharger in my 10k...lol But I can see some additional costs here and there. For example the fuel injectors they don't list those, but mentioned they changed them out. Oh and the GT frunt bumber and all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2011, 09:05 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

yeah i think they put in 80 lb injectors, are you contemplating about throwing it down and adding the power??
Old 08-05-2011, 09:46 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia

Yeah, what I love is that that is JUST for parts. Hope you're handy with a wrench unless you want it to be 15K+!

I would love to lower my 'Stang with a stiffer suspension and swap for that aluminum driveshaft, but that'd be if I had more money to burn... Let's not even talk about the supercharger lol

Perf Mods: FRPP 3.73 Gears, 87 Octane Performance Tune from BAMA, Airaid CAI, Magnaflow Comp Axle-backs
Ext Mods: Lower chrome billet grille, Tint
Upcoming Mods: Lowering springs
illestdomer2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 11:17 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

lol yeah i am just waiting for my six year bumper to bumper to expire before i go hog wild with the engine mods. The suspension and the drive shaft would be slick i am looking at installing 3.73s and and the drive shaft in the next six months. I have 1.5 forward and 1.5 back ford racing lowering suspension coming in the next couple weeks so I am looking foward to that
Old 08-06-2011, 07:05 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

I'm looking at all my options. Just getting folks opinion. It is a lot of cash to throw down when you can take that cash and upgrade your Pony to a GT.
Old 08-06-2011, 07:50 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey

GOOD STUFF , Muscle Mustang's Mag is doing a project v6 also ,but an automatic car , they've got it down to 13.30's at 105 mph so far ....
the only thing that let me down is they replaced the entire exhaust system with BBK Long tubes ,high flow x-pipe and Magna flow exhaust and got 2 hp ??? WTF ??
the factory exhaust must be bad *** on that car .... on top of 2hp the whole system Was up around $1,800 bucks ...................... OUCH
Old 08-06-2011, 08:58 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampde
GOOD STUFF , Muscle Mustang's Mag is doing a project v6 also ,but an automatic car , they've got it down to 13.30's at 105 mph so far ....
the only thing that let me down is they replaced the entire exhaust system with BBK Long tubes ,high flow x-pipe and Magna flow exhaust and got 2 hp ??? WTF ??
the factory exhaust must be bad *** on that car .... on top of 2hp the whole system Was up around $1,800 bucks ...................... OUCH
Yeah that's crazy because American muscles exhaust change out gained about 19 at the wheels stock exhaust isn't bad but it can always be better h the muffles r hige

---------- Post added at 01:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:56 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by avengnd
I'm looking at all my options. Just getting folks opinion. It is a lot of cash to throw down when you can take that cash and upgrade your Pony to a GT.
Yeah u just have to figure in whether u want to go through the buying selling market as well. Which way are you leaning

Mustang history started with a 2000 v6, 2003 GT, 2007 GT, 2011 GT, all Black(coincidence)
Old 08-06-2011, 09:30 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregtommy View Post
Yeah u just have to figure in whether u want to go through the buying selling market as well. Which way are you leaning
I'm leaning towards the GT, but who knows.
Old 08-06-2011, 10:17 AM   #11
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to Lalayla Send a message via MSN to Lalayla Send a message via Skype™ to Lalayla
Yeah I have been keeping up with it. They Just finished stage 4 , I hope to see it next weekend.

Layla - December 2010 Mustang of the Month
Lalayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 02:50 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I like the front end but not the hood.... It's pretty cool to see a v6 doing low 12's. I don't think I'll get that crazy like they did but it gives us ideas.. I have my 69' for that... I think I'll go with cal and tune.

Other Pony:
1969 Mustang Coupe w/331 Stroker, 4.11 gears, x-Pipe with Spin techs
DannyDoright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 03:17 PM   #13
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas

Link?
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 03:18 PM   #14
Regular

Region: Tennessee

Video: AmericanMuscle.com Conquers Stage 3 Of 2011 V6 Build

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 04:16 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM
Link?
Go to AM's site they have a link to the right of the page. Stage 4 is complete, not sure if there are any more stages.
Old 08-06-2011, 11:12 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

no i think they are pretty much complete with the 2011 v6 the stage 4 and the pro charger and everything so unless they plan on adding more accents to it but they aren't going to be able to add any performance to it unless they plan on dropping a new motor in it or building this one up and adding more boost to it.
Old 08-07-2011, 09:20 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

That's what I figured, not much more they can do.
Old 08-07-2011, 02:15 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by avengnd View Post
I'm leaning towards the GT, but who knows.
I wonder what the change in fuel efficiency is between a supercharged V6 and NA V8? I know we had talked about this before, but it seems like if you were to be buying from scratch, it makes sense to go with the GT if you are trying to get in that higher HP/TQ range. Now that you already own a V6, I think it makes sense to see what you could get either going the private seller route or trading it into the dealer.

I know when I bought my car back in May, the salesman was telling me how badly people had been asking about used Mustangs. He said the used market was hurting right now as there just wasn't sufficient inventory.

SO...you never know, you might get a sweet trade-in value on your sixer if the time is right. Obviously, if you bought a GT brand new, you'd have all that power warrantied as opposed to basically wadding up your warranty and throwing it in the garbage with a supercharger.

The thing that I think is really cool about going the supercharger route is that you'd be in very elite company, and your car wouldn't be just like every other GT out on the road. It really comes down to how much of a bath you'd take on the trade-in plus upgrade cost vs cost of supercharger and loss of powertrain warranty.

---------- Post added at 07:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:12 PM ----------

I actually like the hood. There are a couple of different hoods they sell that look nice, but I still like the idea of keeping it clean, especially with an eye on resale. To each his own.

Perf Mods: FRPP 3.73 Gears, 87 Octane Performance Tune from BAMA, Airaid CAI, Magnaflow Comp Axle-backs
Old 08-07-2011, 04:02 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by illestdomer2005

I wonder what the change in fuel efficiency is between a supercharged V6 and NA V8? I know we had talked about this before, but it seems like if you were to be buying from scratch, it makes sense to go with the GT if you are trying to get in that higher HP/TQ range. Now that you already own a V6, I think it makes sense to see what you could get either going the private seller route or trading it into the dealer.

I know when I bought my car back in May, the salesman was telling me how badly people had been asking about used Mustangs. He said the used market was hurting right now as there just wasn't sufficient inventory.

SO...you never know, you might get a sweet trade-in value on your sixer if the time is right. Obviously, if you bought a GT brand new, you'd have all that power warrantied as opposed to basically wadding up your warranty and throwing it in the garbage with a supercharger.

The thing that I think is really cool about going the supercharger route is that you'd be in very elite company, and your car wouldn't be just like every other GT out on the road. It really comes down to how much of a bath you'd take on the trade-in plus upgrade cost vs cost of supercharger and loss of powertrain warranty.

---------- Post added at 07:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:12 PM ----------

I actually like the hood. There are a couple of different hoods they sell that look nice, but I still like the idea of keeping it clean, especially with an eye on resale. To each his own.
A lot of good points. From what they say from those who have supercharged the V6 fuel efficiency is not lost or at least not compromised. But what does that really mean. I have yet to get better than 22 mpg with mine. Far from the 31 mpg advertise. And I understand that is under the strictest driving conditions. Time well tell and I'll decide something and by March 2012 I'll have made my choice.
Old 08-07-2011, 04:23 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by avengnd View Post
A lot of good points. From what they say from those who have supercharged the V6 fuel efficiency is not lost or at least not compromised. But what does that really mean. I have yet to get better than 22 mpg with mine. Far from the 31 mpg advertise. And I understand that is under the strictest driving conditions. Time well tell and I'll decide something and by March 2012 I'll have made my choice.
Yeah, I know you've got more important things coming up. Plus, the tax-exempt dollars you earn might pay the difference anyhow

Best fuel efficiency I've gotten is 26'ish on almost entirely highway driving. If you drive slow with stock gears, I guess 31 is possible

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Tags
2011 v6, v6 mustang