Mustang Evolution Forum banner

To tune or not to tune?

2K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  illestdomer2005 
#1 ·
Hello, my name is Adam an I just purchased my new 2012 Kona blue mca edition stang. I love this car! I have added a set of side window louvers and Borla Atak exhaust. My car has 3:31 gears and a mt. I'm debating hard on a sct tuner and a carbon fiber cai from American Muscle. So.. Is it worth it?

#4 ·
I have a 2007. Once I get rims, I'm getting the frpp power pack for v6 from am. I don't have anything performance wise, it just looks cool :s. The power pack consists of dual exhaust, a ford Cai, and a tuner. Here's my car...

Attachments

#7 ·
Do I think it's worth the power? Yes. Do I think it's worth voiding the warranty on a brand new car? No. Get an after market exhaust for the sound and be happy you have a safe durable and still quick car that will never give you problems. Reason I'm saying this is because I retuned my car and went to get my rotors changed (under warranty). I was denied though cause they always check your CPU too see if the car is modded and can blame ANYTHING on it mechanical wise.

---------- Post added at 02:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:52 AM ----------

Ps,had to pay 645$ for brand new rotors out of pocket

#9 ·
Tippy said:
Do I think it's worth the power? Yes. Do I think it's worth voiding the warranty on a brand new car? No. Get an after market exhaust for the sound and be happy you have a safe durable and still quick car that will never give you problems. Reason I'm saying this is because I retuned my car and went to get my rotors changed (under warranty). I was denied though cause they always check your CPU too see if the car is modded and can blame ANYTHING on it mechanical wise.

---------- Post added at 02:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:52 AM ----------

Ps,had to pay 645$ for brand new rotors out of pocket
You do have a point about the warranty. I guess I could wait till after my warranty expires and then do it. Who knows? By then I may not even want to tune it.

#11 ·
Call your dealership and ask them about their policy towards modifications. The service manager will more than likely be anal, but you'll get more leniency with some places over others.

Can't see how a tune would've voided warranty on rotors...?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.