Mustang Evolution Forum banner

To tune?

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  illestdomer2005 
#1 ·
Hello, my name is Adam an I just purchased my new 2012 Kona blue mca edition stang. I love this car! I have added a set of side window louvers and Borla Atak exhaust. My car has 3:31 gears and a mt. I'm debating hard on a sct tuner and a carbon fiber cai from American Muscle. So.. Is it worth it?

#2 ·
I also have a 2012 black perf/pkg w/3.31 gears. This has been my biggest question. I delete my mufflers and I just got a Airaid CAI from AM. I notice a difference in sound and pulls harder now(after3k) So the CAI does make a differences. Only thing I notice is sometimes it hesitate but think the tune will fix that.. I will get tuner cuz I want more power ahaha... Hope this helps.

#3 ·
I also have a 2012 black perf/pkg w/3.31 gears. This has been my biggest question. I delete my mufflers and I just got a Airaid CAI from AM. I notice a difference in sound and pulls harder now(after3k) So the CAI does make a differences. Only thing I notice is sometimes it hesitate but think the tune will fix that.. I will get tuner cuz I want more power ahaha... Hope this helps.

Did it give you a deeper sound? I have been looking at the carbon fiber cai on AM and I was thinking about buying it too. What made you decide to go with the airaid?

---------- Post added at 02:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 PM ----------

DannyDoright said:
Did it give you a deeper sound? I have been looking at the carbon fiber cai on AM and I was thinking about buying it too. What made you decide to go with the airaid?

#4 ·
grossnickle6612 said:

---------- Post added at 02:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 PM ----------

Yes it did. I wanted to go with airaid for awhile now but wasn't for sure which one to get but when I saw AM with their v6 have it... I guess why not... That's a good way to sell their product cuz they got me.

#5 ·
DannyDoright said:
Yes it did. I wanted to go with airaid for awhile now but wasn't for sure which one to get but when I saw AM with their v6 have it... I guess why not... That's a good way to sell their product cuz they got me.
That's good to know. The borlas are a great touch on my car but they seem to me to be still a little to high pitched. I know it's a v6 but just a little deeper would be great.

#6 ·
I just bought the Airaid, and the reason I chose it was that it sounded like the best packaged, least expensive CAI out there. They all make similar numbers on the dyno. Some are straighter tubes, but it sounds like the limiting factor for ALL of these CAIs is the actual throttle body. So, I went with the one that looked like the easier install on an AT and cost the least :)

I have the tune, and even though I'm still trying to work out a few bugs, it's a lot of fun!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.