Gas station conversation - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-30-2011, 07:47 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Gas station conversation

Had an awesome conversation with a V6 Camaro owner this morning.

Camaro: should we be giving eachother evil stares?

Me: I've been staring you down since you pulled up.

Camaro: HAHAHAHAHA

Me: yup

Camaro: What kind of gas milage you get?

Me: Little over 26 combined, 33 straight highway

Camaro: That ain't fair!

Me: Sucks don't it?
aegischief is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-30-2011, 08:08 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
Re: Gas station conversation

ha nice,

you should have ended with

"but look on the bright side, you have horrible visibility while driving your car"
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 08:10 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Didn't think of that. Would have been a good line though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-30-2011, 08:34 AM   #4
A.K.A. Baby-D!

Region: Louisiana

lol
Previous:
2004 V6--my first pony
1988 GT--July 2010 MOTM
04TRV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 04:59 PM   #5
Road Trip!

Region: Texas

HAHA..
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 05:16 PM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn

Met a couple the other day. He has a 2011 Camaro LS, she has a 2011 Mustang V6.

I asked him why she had the faster car...he gave me a dirty look and no response.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 05:17 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Hard to take back those bad decisions.
Old 09-30-2011, 05:58 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn
Met a couple the other day. He has a 2011 Camaro LS, she has a 2011 Mustang V6.

I asked him why she had the faster car...he gave me a dirty look and no response.
Awesome
jsearcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 07:10 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Send a message via Skype™ to JetWolf

I had an ex-boyfriend who had a 2011 camaro rs with a huge intake, upgraded exhaust, tuner, and everything else you could buy (insane car - was going to be under the chevy tent) it was worth about 80k, my old 9k 2004 40th anniv. 3.9L STOCK Stang beat it in a race... how do you think he felt? haha!

The next day he ordered a 6.2L LS1 fresh engine because he was so embarrassed, but i got $200 out of it ahahaha! too bad he totaled it before it got installed
Old 09-30-2011, 11:35 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetWolf
I had an ex-boyfriend who had a 2011 camaro rs with a huge intake, upgraded exhaust, tuner, and everything else you could buy (insane car - was going to be under the chevy tent) it was worth about 80k, my old 9k 2004 40th anniv. 3.9L STOCK Stang beat it in a race... how do you think he felt? haha!

The next day he ordered a 6.2L LS1 fresh engine because he was so embarrassed, but i got $200 out of it ahahaha! too bad he totaled it before it got installed
Ha, idiots just break their necks giving money away...

Perf Mods: FRPP 3.73 Gears, 87 Octane Performance Tune from BAMA, Airaid CAI, Magnaflow Comp Axle-backs
Ext Mods: Lower chrome billet grille, Tint
Upcoming Mods: Lowering springs
illestdomer2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 11:46 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by illestdomer2005

Ha, idiots just break their necks giving money away...
Hey Im fine with it free money!
Old 10-05-2011, 01:08 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Hey Im fine with it free money!
Absolutely. Humiliating a dbag is priceless, but making money off of it is that much sweeter. Nice work!

Perf Mods: FRPP 3.73 Gears, 87 Octane Performance Tune from BAMA, Airaid CAI, Magnaflow Comp Axle-backs
Ext Mods: Lower chrome billet grille, Tint
Upcoming Mods: Lowering springs
illestdomer2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 01:13 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by illestdomer2005

Absolutely. Humiliating a dbag is priceless, but making money off of it is that much sweeter. Nice work!
Hahaha thanks! Great income and I get all of these exotic cars
Old 10-08-2011, 12:23 AM   #14

Quote:

Why do I find this incredibly hard to believe. Even a ****** who can't drive can murder your Stang. Yeah and I'm sure he ordered a brand new engine just because he lost one race to you. Because if I lose a race to anybody the first thing I do is spend 10k on a new engine. Joke
Grabber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 07:07 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

there is always someone who wont believe you.

Here are some pictures of his cam and engine, unfortunately i dont have any of the wreck or his sound system

The red & black doors are suede with "Black Bee" embroidered on them, they also have 14 inch TVs in the sides.

As you can see i was there when they cut the doors, finished the panels, everything, i drove the cam whenever i wanted as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	32657   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	291
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	32658  

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	32659   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	55.7 KB
ID:	32660  

Name:	5.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	32661   Click image for larger version

Name:	6.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	32662  

Name:	7.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	32663   Click image for larger version

Name:	8.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	29.5 KB
ID:	32664  

Name:	9.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	72.7 KB
ID:	32665  
Old 10-10-2011, 01:25 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV
ha nice,

you should have ended with

"but look on the bright side, you have horrible visibility while driving your car"
It does seem like they can't see crap
phobik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 01:28 AM   #17

Okok you got me good job
Grabber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 03:57 AM   #18
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetWolf View Post

Here are some pictures of his cam and engine, unfortunately i dont have any of the wreck or his sound system

The red & black doors are suede with "Black Bee" embroidered on them, they also have 14 inch TVs in the sides.

As you can see i was there when they cut the doors, finished the panels, everything, i drove the cam whenever i wanted as well.
Why do people buy these V6's just to do all this junk to. Makes no since to me. Save the money buy the V8.

KInda like this idiot local to me. There is another on 26's like this one. But he has one set rims on left side. And one set different rims on other. Then a Miami heat theme all over the car.

Old 10-10-2011, 04:09 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I'm not going to lie, it looks sick but Im pretty sure it's slow as he'll. I notice u had a pic of an engine. Did he swap it?
Old 10-10-2011, 09:17 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMNO View Post
It does seem like they can't see crap
You literally cant, the A pillar is as fat as the catfish grin slapped on its face, when i drove it, it was ridiculous!
not to mention that you couldn't use the mirrors because his tint was so dark and his sound system sent the mirrors obsolete.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber View Post
Okok you got me good job
Seeee

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst View Post
Why do people buy these V6's just to do all this junk to. Makes no since to me. Save the money buy the V8.

KInda like this idiot local to me. There is another on 26's like this one. But he has one set rims on left side. And one set different rims on other. Then a Miami heat theme all over the car.
WTF!!!!!!!
KILL IT WITH FIRE! OH SWEET MERCIFUL GOD.
WHAT IS THAT GHETTO THING.
His grandpa who is some millionaire bought it for him and since hes so wreckless didnt want to put him in something to powerful, (except his other cars is a cadillac XLR and an F150 from hillbilly hell..?)
Im not putting that much of money into my 4.0L, im just doing DIY stuff and small additions to add value and then sell it to get the 50th anniv., but i dont understand when i see other ones that are oozing money and performance parts and they didnt go for a higher level of car..?

Quote:
I'm not going to lie, it looks sick but Im pretty sure it's slow as he'll. I notice u had a pic of an engine. Did he swap it?
Oh yeah caught my attention when he rolled up to school! and people were always taking pics of it at car shows, it was a pretty well done car.
Thats the 6.2 LS1 he was going to swap, he totaled his camaro just a few days before he was to install it. Thing was so slow my old '04 3.9L could beat it.
Old 10-10-2011, 10:02 AM   #21
Road Trip!

Quote:
You literally cant, the A pillar is as fat as the catfish grin slapped on its face, when i drove it, it was ridiculous!
not to mention that you couldn't use the mirrors because his tint was so dark and his sound system sent the mirrors obsolete.

Seeee

WTF!!!!!!!
His grandpa who is some millionaire bought it for him and since hes so wreckless didnt want to put him in something to powerful, (except his other cars is a cadillac XLR and an F150 from hillbilly hell..?)
Im not putting that much of money into my 4.0L, im just doing DIY stuff and small additions to add value and then sell it to get the 50th anniv., but i dont understand when i see other ones that are oozing money and performance parts and they didnt go for a higher level of car..?

Oh yeah caught my attention when he rolled up to school! and people were always taking pics of it at car shows, it was a pretty well done car.
Thats the 6.2 LS1 he was going to swap, he totaled his camaro just a few days before he was to install it. Thing was so slow my old '04 3.9L could beat it.
I have seen a few XLR's run. They was not at all impressive. Mid to high 13's. I was like really. Then the have the XLR-V which was pretty nasty. Basically same as a Z06.

Also the intake on that engine don't look like the one on the 6.2. WHich the Camaro 6.2 is a lS3 not a ls1. The LS1 is a 5.7L. LS2 6.0L. They do make a 6.2L truck engine which is what that intake on that engine looks like. I cam from LS cars to the mustang.

---------- Post added at 09:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 AM ----------

This is the LS3 6.2L that is in the Camaro's. Uses same intake in the G8 and vette.

---------- Post added at 09:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 AM ----------

I would say they bought the 6.2L that comes in the Sliverado. the L9H

---------- Post added at 10:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 AM ----------

It has teh high intake manifold like the one y ou posted.
Old 10-10-2011, 10:42 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst

I have seen a few XLR's run. They was not at all impressive. Mid to high 13's. I was like really. Then the have the XLR-V which was pretty nasty. Basically same as a Z06.

Also the intake on that engine don't look like the one on the 6.2. WHich the Camaro 6.2 is a lS3 not a ls1. The LS1 is a 5.7L. LS2 6.0L. They do make a 6.2L truck engine which is what that intake on that engine looks like. I cam from LS cars to the mustang.

---------- Post added at 09:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 AM ----------

This is the LS3 6.2L that is in the Camaro's. Uses same intake in the G8 and vette.
My bad! I don't quite remember what it was it was all the way back in april, all I remember is 6.2 wasnt sure what LS
Old 10-10-2011, 10:53 AM   #23
Road Trip!

Quote:
My bad! I don't quite remember what it was it was all the way back in april, all I remember is 6.2 wasnt sure what LS
All good. He probably told you wrong thing anyway trying to sound cool.
Old 10-10-2011, 11:23 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
A while back some guy in a new V6 Camaro pulled up next to me and wanted to race!.. It had at least some sort of exhaust mod to it... Not sure if it had any other mods... But any ways I beat him!.. Funny thing how every one that has a new Camaro, even if it is a V6 thinks it's fast!.. Ok... Yes the Camaro SS is fast but not the V6!!!.... Other funny thing was that he had a US NAVY decal across his back window!.. And I've got a US Army one on mine!.. Lol. Guess Army beat Navy that time!!!.... Hahahahahaha
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 02:11 PM   #25
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner View Post
A while back some guy in a new V6 Camaro pulled up next to me and wanted to race!.. It had at least some sort of exhaust mod to it... Not sure if it had any other mods... But any ways I beat him!.. Funny thing how every one that has a new Camaro, even if it is a V6 thinks it's fast!.. Ok... Yes the Camaro SS is fast but not the V6!!!.... Other funny thing was that he had a US NAVY decal across his back window!.. And I've got a US Army one on mine!.. Lol. Guess Army beat Navy that time!!!.... Hahahahahaha
Your Army and station in Michigan? Man I need your job..LOL

I think the SS's are slow also.
Old 10-10-2011, 02:34 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Your Army and station in Michigan? Man I need your job..LOL

I think the SS's are slow also.
The only active duty Army in Michigan is mostly Recruiters. I'm currently in the National Guard. I did do five years active. And unfortunately the SS may be slower than the 5.0 it is still faster than my Stang.
Old 10-10-2011, 07:08 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Seeee

WTF!!!!!!!

That must of hurt wrecking the car
Old 10-10-2011, 09:02 PM   #28
Road Trip!

Quote:
The only active duty Army in Michigan is mostly Recruiters. I'm currently in the National Guard. I did do five years active. And unfortunately the SS may be slower than the 5.0 it is still faster than my Stang.
Nothing some mods can't fix..LOL
Old 10-10-2011, 09:11 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Nothing some mods can't fix..LOL
Ya!.. Lol. You got some money for those mods that I can have??... Lol
Old 10-10-2011, 10:25 PM   #30
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford

Quote:

Seeee

WTF!!!!!!!

That's sad he wrecked it, this is excatly why if I ever have kids they will be driving a car with no power. It goes beyond Camaro V. Mustang.

Jdub: Don't be picking on the F-150. It's the Mustang of Trucks. And a pretty nice truck at that. (Maybe his was ugly.)

The Camaro has a good bit of visibility for a 5'11 -6ft drivier. I'm about 6' and had no problem with the visibility of the car. The mirrors conteract taht problem. Just hate the interior and how cheap and plain it is.
Old 10-11-2011, 11:57 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
All good. He probably told you wrong thing anyway trying to sound cool.
Extremely likely, not only could the kid not drive stick, he barely knew anything about his car, from history to performance.

Quote:
Hahahaha thats awesome i've heard my fair share of army/navy/chair force jokes. I know right?? They think its a ferrari or something, i mean come on i know what to race and what not in my sixxer.

Quote:
That must of hurt wrecking the car
yeah he threw a temper tantrum D:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford View Post
That's sad he wrecked it, this is excatly why if I ever have kids they will be driving a car with no power. It goes beyond Camaro V. Mustang.

Jdub: Don't be picking on the F-150. It's the Mustang of Trucks. And a pretty nice truck at that. (Maybe his was ugly.)

The Camaro has a good bit of visibility for a 5'11 -6ft drivier. I'm about 6' and had no problem with the visibility of the car. The mirrors conteract taht problem. Just hate the interior and how cheap and plain it is.
Yeah, "drunk driver pushed him off the road" but its wayy more likely he was the drunk one.

Ohhh noooo i love F150s! but this kid.. sweet mercy..!! he's got this red F150 lifted over 2 feet, with chrome euro lights, huge chrome rims, 3 sets of driving/flood lights (grille, roof, and back), reflective mud flaps that are wayy bigger than his tires, the list goes on and on! i would take a pic but i don't want to be a creeper lol

Shoot idk anyone that could see well out of it, you must have had good luck haha! Yeah the first thing i noticed when i jumped in is how empty it was, but he spiced up the interior quite well.
Old 10-12-2011, 12:49 AM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to 00STANG00 Send a message via Yahoo to 00STANG00
Quote:

Seeee

WTF!!!!!!!

then i could beat it lol camaros are Super Slow lol
Old 10-12-2011, 12:50 AM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

they are compared to most cars, i only have respect for the first gen.
Old 10-13-2011, 08:36 AM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner
they really aren't bad cars... just fun to beat cause they are pretty quick my step dad gas on and their throttle response is pretty good
tylerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 09:00 AM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:

No disrepect but I think his car is super ugly. Can't stand those rims. Way to flashy for my taste but to each their own
306 H/C/I, holley 4 barrel, T5, Hurst Shifter, Subframe connectors, 8.8 w/ 3.55 posi, 4 piston front disc brakes, SN95 rear disc brakes, shelby drop, 620 springs, Mideye 4.5 Leaf Springs, bilstein shocks.
austinknoll is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang